Time to fire Gus.

Skyler97

Georgia is definitely gettable.

But cmon. If we're 7-5 or 6-6, with 3-4 conference wins, that's not good enough in year 4. After sneaking by LSU, 8-4 looks possible, and that might buy a year. What I don't see is a reason to expect we're getting back to going 8-11 wins consistently.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DyeCampAlum said:

Georgia is definitely gettable.

But cmon. If we're 7-5 or 6-6, with 3-4 conference wins, that's not good enough in year 4. After sneaking by LSU, 8-4 looks possible, and that might buy a year. What I don't see is a reason to expect we're getting back to going 8-11 wins consistently.

Look at it this way... the D is back in form and will likely improved based on our underclassman talent.  We've finally recruited ourselves out of the LB and WR issues (both in coaching and players).  We have a VERY good O-Line class currently slated to come in, and odds are, whether Gus stays or not, we're likely to get a new OC.  Seems like we are on a very good path.

On 9/26/2016 at 10:25 AM, JwgreDeux said:

Still feel the same this morning? We got by LSU and now have a week to improve against LaMo and then a very winnable game at State. 

Well, like I've said since the beginning of the season, we'll win a game or two we shouldn't and lose a game or two we shouldn't. Moo St should be a winnable game, but I don't know anymore. I mean if we finish that one up and are 4-2 with our only losses coming from Clemson and A&M and they continue to win, I'll feel good. But a loss at Moo St, and Gus better dust off his resume. 

After this Saturday's game, we have Miss. State, Arkansas & Ole Miss and 2 of those are road games. Those games will help to tell us more about Malzahn's future at Auburn.

3 hours ago, Browning4AU said:

Well, like I've said since the beginning of the season, we'll win a game or two we shouldn't and lose a game or two we shouldn't. Moo St should be a winnable game, but I don't know anymore. I mean if we finish that one up and are 4-2 with our only losses coming from Clemson and A&M and they continue to win, I'll feel good. But a loss at Moo St, and Gus better dust off his resume. 

I feel the same.  A loss to Miss State would spell bad news for Gus.  I believe top to bottom Auburn has better talent than Miss State.  We should be able to go in there and win that one for sure.  Whether we do or not will be on the coaching.

It's not even comparable IMO the talent disparity between Miss St and AU. If we lose that game this board may explode.

12 hours ago, WeagleAU said:

I feel the same.  A loss to Miss State would spell bad news for Gus.  I believe top to bottom Auburn has better talent than Miss State.  We should be able to go in there and win that one for sure.  Whether we do or not will be on the coaching.

If Gus gets beat by State this year then Gus needs to be Les Miles'ed. State is a very very very bad team. 

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

no you want

He might but he won't get hurt and will still be able to live and post about it.

wde

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Been doing it for 7 long years

I understand the frustration with auburn4ever, but he/she/it has a valid point sometimes.  

wde

10 hours ago, Tiger said:

It's not even comparable IMO the talent disparity between Miss St and AU. If we lose that game this board may explode.

10 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I will. 

9 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

So will I.

We'll beat State...but you might want to wrap your heads in duct tape just in case. 

19 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

I don't understand how some of you can believe we could lose to Mississippi State.   

We have lost 3 out of the last 4 to MSU, so why do you think this game is any different? Until our offense shows consistent scoring, then anything goes.

And we are on the road this year...so now do you understand? ))

10 hours ago, steeleagle said:

We have lost 3 out of the last 4 to MSU, so why do you think this game is any different? Until our offense shows consistent scoring, then anything goes.

And we are on the road this year...so now do you understand? ))

Yes and my wife went to State so it's been zero fun lately. What's worse is that Auburn has beaten them about 75% of the games played and yet they are starting to think Auburn is a game they should win every year. My wife is pretty realistic - she doesn't think Mullens can coach but Prescott made him look good. Reminds me of how some people feel about Gus. 

13 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

I don't understand how some of you can believe we could lose to Mississippi State.   

We have lost way too many games and we always say these things.

We should have beaten UGA the past two years, should be three this year but that's not a given. MSU, Arky, A&M two years ago. It's just ridiculous how far we've fallen.

lol we have lost to Miss St 2 years in a row, how some can believe we CAN'T lose to them is really weird to me. The last time we beat Miss St was in 2013 :0

That being said we should win this game, but we can't just roll the helmets out there IMO. We have a really young squad if the players overlook or feel overconfident about any opponent in the SEC there's a good chance we will lose IMO

Archived