REREAD: NOW who should be the starting QB for LSU?

BlueFrogg

REREAD: NOW Who should start at QB vs LSU?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who should start against LSU?

• John Franklin III
    • Sean White

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SW should start with JF3 getting shared time. I'm not sure the problem is all QB. The OL got blown out!

JF3 is not really ready for a full game. His head is still swimming. Hence the 4th down out of bounds run.

I say Woody Barrett. JF3 still can't pass that well. Remember the first pass early in the game. He wan't even in the same time zone as the reciever. He is a good wildcat QB thats about it. See how quick TAM shifted to cover the run with him in. We need a real QB but even more we need a play caller. How many times did you see after a good run up the middle by KJ or KP and Gus came back with the very same play and they stuffed it. Gus has just lost it as a play caller. Doesn't really matter who we put in there the defense will know what we are running before we do. 

2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I say Woody Barrett. JF3 still can't pass that well. Remember the first pass early in the game. He wan't even in the same time zone as the reciever. He is a good wildcat QB thats about it. See how quick TAM shifted to cover the run with him in. We need a real QB but even more we need a play caller. How many times did you see after a good run up the middle by KJ or KP and Gus came back with the very same play and they stuffed it. Gus has just lost it as a play caller. Doesn't really matter who we put in there the defense will know what we are running before we do. 

Does Woody Barrett even know the playbook? JF3 seems to barely know it. I highly doubt Woody is even at his level at the moment.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Does Woody Barrett even know the playbook? JF3 seems to barely know it. I highly doubt Woody is even at his level at the moment.

I am not sure it matters if Barrett, JF3 or any other QB on our team knows the playbook.. The playbook is the problem. 

SW can't succeed with this Staff. Start JF3 and play backyard football. It's our best chance, unfortunately.

Just now, AU_Engineer said:

I would start Woody too !! can't get any worse.. give him some reps and have him ready for the next year/coach 

Why not start Woody?  What else do we have to lose?  Oh wait, that's right, another home game to an SEC opponent.  We're getting good at that.

Sean White deserves better than what he was given. He could be completely capable of running a traditional offense. Unfortunately he has a coach that won't let him throw a pass further than 5 yards.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Probably not but we might as well give him some training for next year. Like I said it doesn't matter who we put in there right now as long as Gus is calling the offense we have zero chances of winning against anyone in the P5. Guy coming off the bench always looks good. If you started JF3 next week by half time you would want somebody else. They have no chance to be successful running Gus's plays. Heck remember JJ beat TAM last year at their house against the same defense, probably even better than tonight's. It just can't be sustained because Gus and Rhett will screw it up.

I'm a JF3 supporter but i don't think it will matter. Gus used him wrong tonight as well. I think what does make a difference for JF3 is that he can help to cover up some of the horrible playcalling. Other than that...we're still going to likely lose a lot of games....LSU likely will be the next one.

If Auburns going to become a team that changes QBs after every L, good luck with any success in the near future. And do people really think we plug in JF3 and BAM 10-2 and the ATL?  Every dual threat QB is not CAM Newton or Nick Marshall. Actually, more turn out to be Kenny "Trill" Hill than anything. Leave the shirt on Barrett, let the sophomore prove to you he is or is not the QB for 2017-2018 over a solid body of work, and stop this carousel after every bad game. Especially since now the season goals should just be "get better." Set a plan, and actually follow the plan, instead of panicking after every L and inserting the next QB on the depth chart, no matter who that may be. 

Just now, WarEagle1983 said:

I'm a JF3 supporter but i don't think it will matter. Gus used him wrong tonight as well. I think what does make a difference for JF3 is that he can help to cover up some of the horrible playcalling. Other than that...we're still going to likely lose a lot of games....LSU likely will be the next one.

At the very least it opens up the stubborn running game that Gus would like to have. Desperation is showing..

Just now, SCTiger2011 said:

If Auburns going to become a team that changes QBs after every L, good luck with any success in the near future. And do people really think we plug in JF3 and BAM 10-2 and the ATL?  Every dual threat QB is not CAM Newton or Nick Marshall. Actually, more turn out to be Kenny "Trill" Hill than anything. Leave the shirt on Barrett, let the sophomore prove to you he is or is not the QB for 2017-2018 over a solid body of work, and stop this carousel after every bad game. Especially since now the season goals should just be "get better." Set a plan, and actually follow the plan, instead of panicking after every L and inserting the next QB on the depth chart, no matter who that may be. 

Apparently, more sense than GM.

Just now, WarEagle1983 said:

We are headed for a 5 win season.

2 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

I don't disagree with your thought. That is what I said it really does not matter who it is until we get rid of Gus and Rhett it will not work. 

Archived