Most annoying bands in the SEC

doc4aday

This might not be the right area to start this discussion. Mods please let this run for a bit before sending it where it likely goes.  Most of us have had the displeasure of being totally annoyed by rival SEC team bands.  The most annoying band in the SEC is UGA. That "go Georgia bulldogs" song has to be played at least 100 times or more each time we play them.

I remember back in 1993-94 games against Georgia where my at the time 5 year old boy dubbed this ditty as the "wonk, wonk, wonk" song. He would have everyone around the TV watching the Auburn and Georgia game, rolling on the floor with laughter when he broke into his wonk, wonk, wonk Georgia Bullpups. UGA has played the same irritating ditty for the past 10 generations!  I could not believe the way that UT /UGA game ended today.

Nooooooooo.....for me, a two-way tie between the "duh duh duh DUHHHHH" of the Gamecocks and the ones with too much cowbell on their hands.

bands? easily rocky top! they play that crap after a 4 yard gain!!!!!!!!!! it is so annoying. Its basically how the national media has treated UT lately. Any little success and they are LIKE UT IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats how the band is. Any little positive thing and they play that damn song................ UGHGHGHGHHGHG.

5 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Bammer's band playing rammer jammer after beating the Northwest Directional School for The Blind.

I second that.

Listen carefully to one of MisStake's tunes they like to play and you would swear it's the beginning of the Woody Woodpecker song.

Terrible band..

The next 4 weeks should answer a lot of questions about Gus Malzahn and Rhett Lashlee. The next 4 games are going to say a lot about this staff.

3 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

The next 4 weeks should answer a lot of questions about Gus Malzahn and Rhett Lashlee. The next 4 games are going to say a lot about this staff.

So you think our band director is under a lot of scrutiny do you?   They will step it up 

3 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

I've heard them and you're right... they are a terribly annoying band.

32 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Listen carefully to one of MisStake's tunes they like to play and you would swear it's the beginning of the Woody Woodpecker song.

Terrible band..

I have never thought about this. After going back and listening to this, you have a legit point!

Finally a topic I'm qualified to talk about!  Effective bands are the ones that affect crowd momentum the most between plays.  These are typically the most annoying as well.  I'm happy I never had to hear rocky top first hand as an Auburn student but I sat through my share of the rammer jammer bammer band.

Nothing was as annoying as listening to FSU's war chant for four straight quarters in 2013.

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Awesome that this is in this thread. Love it.

It can't be the case, but the USCe band sometimes plays what I swear sounds like the riff of Bulls on Parade by Rage Against the Machine.

I HATE the Clanger band.

1. UGA

2. UAT

3. USCe

4. The other ones except maybe Vanderbilt.  They're pretty quiet. 

When Alabama A&M comes to town you'll see one of the best small school bands there is. 

23 hours ago, fredst said:

Awesome that this is in this thread. Love it.

Maybe Gus & Rhett are in a poka band in their off time.

• 2 weeks later...

My most annoying is the UAT band. But along those lines my all time favorite was the AU students who did their version of rammer jammer after AU won 28-27 in 2010 in Tuscaloosa. Makes my heart tingle to this day.

Archived