New DB Coach discussion (Merged)

Metalsinger418

1 minute ago, sevenlee36 said:

Bring back Trob and make him full DC 

Although I don't think that is a bad call we just had a top 10 scoring defense this season.  I'm not sure defensive coordinator was that big of an issue to dismiss Steele.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Although I don't think that is a bad call we just had a top 10 scoring defense this season.  I'm not sure defensive coordinator was that big of an issue to dismiss Steele.

I'm most impressed with what Travis Williams did with basically "no name" linebackers. I feel that with the talent we have at Dline we should have looked like bamas front. The secondary played well. I believe long term with KS will mean going back to the defenses we were use to seeing since Chizik was HC. I could be wrong but that's what I see if we don't hire an elite Co-DC/Secondary coach.

31 minutes ago, corchjay said:

That, and TRob is not nice enough for Malzahns staff. 

There is a trend with CKS defenses dropping of after the 1st few seasons. I hope this trend will end and KS will do a super job long term.

The new Ole Miss OC just quit after 10 days and took the OC job at Baylor.....wait  ...what....Baylor over Ole Miss after only 10 days...yes he did...AND...Crime Dawg has still not put his house up for sale. 

22 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

The new Ole Miss OC just quit after 10 days and took the OC job at Baylor.....wait  ...what....Baylor over Ole Miss after only 10 days...yes he did...AND...Crime Dawg has still not put his house up for sale. 

Think there's a storm brewing in Oxford?

22 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

WR coach, not OC

10 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

Think there's a storm brewing in Oxford?

Image result for hurricane

11 minutes ago, MadtownTiger said:

James Willis got his walking papers from the Saints today.

Any takers?

WDE!

Just came to mention him.

Would love to have him on staff in any capacity...

12 minutes ago, MadtownTiger said:

Any takers?

WDE!

nah he will just go back to where he wants and belongs in ttown.......

Just now, sevenlee36 said:

Y'all referring to the same James Willis?

I seem to remember he was deemed a "traitor"...but I can't recall the story for whatever reason.  Left for TTown or something if I recall.

Does have a hell of a resume though...

34 minutes ago, MadtownTiger said:

Any takers?

WDE!

IF Malzahn were stupid enough to hire Benedict Arnold back, I'd have to miss that year of watching Auburn football.

Just now, muxi87 said:

I seem to remember he was deemed a "traitor"...but I can't recall the story for whatever reason.  Left for TTown or something if I recall.

Does have a hell of a resume though...

Conflicting reports on whether he was fired or he resigned.  But yeah, he left AU for uat right before NSD and took a few recruits with him.

Some folks never forgave him for leaving school early back in the early 90's.  He wasn't missed.  If memory serves we went undefeated the following year.

WDE!

51 minutes ago, MadtownTiger said:

Any takers?

WDE!

$%#@@%^^&**((*&^%$%^&*(*&^%$#$%^&^%$#$%^&...............................no

57 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

We can't read hieroglyphics like you.

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

doesn't he also have some baggage in his personal life as well? There are more reasons I cannot stand him besides being a freaking traitor.

1 hour ago, MadtownTiger said:

Conflicting reports on whether he was fired or he resigned.  But yeah, he left AU for uat right before NSD and took a few recruits with him.

Some folks never forgave him for leaving school early back in the early 90's.  He wasn't missed.  If memory serves we went undefeated the following year.

WDE!

There were no conflicting reports. HE IS A TRAITOR, among other things! And it wasn't in the 90's...it was in 09.

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Not to pat myself on the back (too much) but this is how I imagined it would go over.

Figured we could all use a common enemy.

WDE!

2 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

There were no conflicting reports. HE IS A TRAITOR, among other things! And it wasn't in the 90's...it was in 09.

He left Auburn for the NFL after the 1992 season.

WDE!

Perry Fewell the DB coach from the Redskins was not retained so there is a "NFL" guy out there.  Just not sure if we will pay what he could potentially make somewhere else in the NFL.  However, might not be a bad call to make and could possibly lead to making in roads in the North Carolina area for recruiting.  That Virginia, NC, Maryland area is all becoming a pretty rich recruiting area that we should recruit the top 3-4 players from each of those states yearly.

Archived