New DB Coach discussion (Merged)

Metalsinger418

17 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Nope... dead serious...

QB: Stidham, White, Barrett, Potentially Queen and Willis.  Should only need Stidham and maybe White
RB: Pettway, Johnson (uninjured, which is why he couldn't carry the team at the end of the season), Miller, Barrett, and potentially Matthews
WR: The whole stable of sophomore WR phenoms
TE: Cannella and Harris
OL: 3 solid returners and several ready to step up, plus maybe Ashley out of the blocks
LB: Finally a full stable of talent
DL: The next round of rock stars lead buy Davidson, Brown, and Cowart.
DB: Three returning leaders and several guys who stepped up this year and are ready to improve next year
K:Carlson X2

We're loaded.

Ah, playcalling you forgot grasshopper!  and you can probably scratch out those TE's, they are not used in the malware offense anyway.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, cctiger said:

Ah, playcalling you forgot grasshopper!  and you can probably scratch out those TE's, they are not used in the malware offense anyway.

We shall see. The addition of Cannella might just surprise everyone.

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

We shall see. The addition of Cannella might just surprise everyone.

I sincerely hope you're right.

Just now, AU04ever said:

One thing's for sure, the use of Capella will surprise everyone. 

Considering surprise is Gus's bread and butter, I have to think that's a good thing.

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Waiting on that phone call. However, Golf keeps calling and hanging up...I hate him.

8 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

"We finally have talent at every position and the depth we need to not fear injuries." Are you joking? We have talent but not at every position. We better fear injuries -- just look at this years. We didn't have a better QB when Sean went down twice. And when Kam Pettway missed some games, Kerryon tried to carry this team cause we didn't have anyone who was a strong #2 RB. He tried to carry this on his back but he couldn't.

Get em a4e!

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

I sure wouldn't hang up on that woman.

:thumbsup::cheers:

3 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

I sure wouldn't hang up on that woman.

She will make a good... I mean good looking defensive backs coach. I guess if things went south we would have something to look at! ??

21 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Considering surprise is Gus's bread and butter, I have to think that's a good thing.

Lmao. Gus surprises people?  In what way?  Lack of coaching ability?  Surely you aren't implying he surprises people with well timed plays are you?   The only people I've seen him surprise in the last 3 years is every fan who expected him to make good play calls or actually make an adjustment in a game. We've all been quite surprised at the complete lack of willingness or ability to change anything ever.  So I suppose you could be right.   Surprising people is his bread and butter, unfortunately it's in a bad way because everyone else came to eat bread and butter and they are getting full. 

Looks like we tagged Greg Brown Missouri's secondary coach. Coached at Louisville and Bammer before that. 

I am just going to say it. No way this goober looking dude can recruit. Thats the main thing we needed is a lights out recruiter. Yah dude has a impressive resume but looks to me more like a nfl coach than college coach. No way this guy will go toe to toe with our main competition and beat out those schools for big time secondary recruits.

AUBURN, Ala. — Auburn has found its new secondary coach and it did not need to look outside the SEC footprint.

The Tigers are expected to hire Missouri secondary coach Greg Brown soon, according to a source close to Brown at Missouri. Brown has alerted staff members at Missouri. It’s not yet known when an announcement will be made by Auburn. An Auburn spokesperson did not immediately return Auburn Undercover's requests for confirmation.

Brown coached Missouri’s cornerbacks last season, and before that coached at Louisville for two seasons and at Alabama in 2013 as Nick Saban’s secondary coach. Brown will make it five separate former assistants under Saban to be hired by Gus Malzahn at Auburn.

He was the defensive coordinator at Colorado from 2011 through 2012 and co-coordinator at Arizona in 2010. He has held 16 different assistant coaching positions in the NFL and college since 1984.

Missouri led the SEC with 15 interceptions in the regular season, including two returned for touchdowns.

Brown replaces Wesley McGriff, who spent one season at Auburn as coordinator Kevin Steele’s secondary coach. McGriff left Auburn following its 35-19 loss to Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl on Monday to become Ole Miss’ defensive coordinator.

Source

Just now, PoetTiger said:

Looks like a good choice of true 

If he cannot recruit I doubt it. Thats the main thing we should of been seeking in this hire.

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am just going to say it. No way this goober looking dude can recruit. Thats the main thing we needed is a lights out recruiter. Yah dude has a impressive resume but looks to me more like a nfl coach than college coach. No way this guy will go toe to toe with our main competition and beat out those schools for big time secondary recruits.

Your post is ridiculous

Just now, bigbird said:

Your post is ridiculous

I stand by it. He looks to me to be a really good on the field coach but MY criteria was a great recruiter first and foremost. This is MEH to me.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

If he cannot recruit I doubt it. Thats the main thing we should of been seeking in this hire.

If that's the case AU should just hired Trooper Taylor type....

Archived