Putin laughs off barry

TheBlueVue

1 hour ago, Mims44 said:

My TS clearance didn't come with briefings at home once I got out. Waste of tax dollars! :lol:

Consider that there are people who have left the military or even those who were never in it that have a TS clearance.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, AUUSN said:

I talking about my current post retirement job.

I concede that might require more than my professional "Henny and hot wing eater" position. :)

On Friday, December 30, 2016 at 7:35 PM, AUUSN said:

Think you need to go back and  check you sources on this one...Per Vermont electrical grid officials, this story is BS.   I hope your daily briefing is more thorough than the story you posted here.

And just for the record, all these impeccable other sources on alleged Russian hacking are the same people who were 100% sure about Iraq WMD. 

I would recommend everyone read the CIAs assessment of its failings posted here recently.   It doesn't really appear they or the political establishment has learned much.

Has anyone seen any evidence yet?  And don't seriously offer  that vague 398 word doc put out yesterday.   You couldn't convict someone of speeding with that.....We all know the answer is no...Still waiting on something other than political hurt feelings before judging....

But, let's suspend our critical thinking skills for one momemt....if it was actually true that they had a concerted effort to hack into only the DNC for nefarious purposes... then this response makes the Syrian red line look like D-Day.

Just now, japantiger said:

Think you need to go back and  check you sources on this one...Per Vermont electrical grid officials, this story is BS.   I hope your daily briefing is more thorough than the story you posted here.

And just for the record, all these impeccable other sources on alleged Russian hacking are the same people who were 100% sure about Iraq WMD. 

I would recommend everyone read the CIAs assessment of its failings posted here recently.   It doesn't really appear they or the political establishment has learned much.

Has anyone seen any evidence yet?  And don't seriously offer  that vague 398 word doc put out yesterday.   You couldn't convict someone of speeding with that.....We all know the answer is no...Still waiting on something other than political hurt feelings before judging....

But, let's suspend our critical thinking skills for one momemt....if it was actually true that they had a concerted effort to hack into only the DNC for nefarious purposes... then this response makes the Syrian red line look like D-Day.

Russian MalWare attributed to GRIZZLY STEPPE was found on the utility computer(s). You should calm down. The report from USCERT describing that code is here.

https://www.us-cert.gov/sites/default/files/publications/JAR_16-20296A_GRIZZLY STEPPE-2016-1229.pdf

1 hour ago, AUUSN said:

Idiot Trumpsters keep talking about evidence as if this is what they're expecting to see.

Na-uh-uh-not-the-magic-word.gif

" Even Nedry knew not to mess w/ the Raptor fences ! " 

Maybe if Podesta and Hillary had Nedry set up their e-mail accounts, ... oh, never mind. 

10 hours ago, AUUSN said:

Russian MalWare attributed to GRIZZLY STEPPE was found on the utility computer(s). You should calm down. The report from USCERT describing that code is here.

https://www.us-cert.gov/sites/default/files/publications/JAR_16-20296A_GRIZZLY STEPPE-2016-1229.pdf

You couldn't help yourself...you published the vauge 400 words....that provides 0 evidence of Russian gov't action.  Funny, the guys in Vermont sure don't think they were hacked per the below...http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/nation-now/2016/12/31/russia-us-electric-grid/96045118/o  You can spew this stuff all day long; and hide behing vauge "ooh, I know some stuff"(trying to use my best Cheech and Chong voice here); but it doesn't make you any more credible than any other unnamed sources with no evidence....you're long on opinion and seriusly lacking any perspective on anything related to this election.... 

11 hours ago, AUUSN said:

I know a lot about hacking and I also know things other people don't know.

Damn. Just spit my perfectly good beer on my laptop. Thanks!

7 hours ago, japantiger said:

You couldn't help yourself...you published the vauge 400 words....that provides 0 evidence of Russian gov't action.  Funny, the guys in Vermont sure don't think they were hacked per the below...http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/nation-now/2016/12/31/russia-us-electric-grid/96045118/o  You can spew this stuff all day long; and hide behing vauge "ooh, I know some stuff"(trying to use my best Cheech and Chong voice here); but it doesn't make you any more credible than any other unnamed sources with no evidence....you're long on opinion and seriusly lacking any perspective on anything related to this election.... 

You Frothing mouth Trumpsters just make it too easy. That was a direct quote from Trump. See how silly it looks? 

I see you said nothing about the crowdstrike link. Typical. 

So again. Malware attributed to Russian State hacking groups described in both links I provided WERE found on Vermont Utilities computer. I never said anything about the grid. I merely posted an article and you lost your mind. Calm down and take a deep breath before posting next time.

"Burlington Electric Department officials have confirmed that malware code that federal officials say was used to hack U.S. political parties was detected Friday on a laptop unconnected to the greater electrical grid after federal authorities released the code to executives from the financial, utility and transportation industries. A utility statement read, "We took immediate action to isolate the laptop and alerted federal officials of this finding."

http://www.newsweek.com/fake-news-cries-discovery-russian-malware-vermont-utility-537567

There is no doubt in my mind that the Russians, Chinese and other players have been hacking into US computer systems for years. The real issue is why so many US computer systems are still so vulnerable. Why has the DNC not done a better job of protecting their systems the same for multiple government systems that have been hacked. Why would a political operative like Podesta use e-mail the way he did to incriminate himself and his party. If he hadn't have written and sent those e-mails there would have been nothing to publish.

Why has the US government taken so long to retaliate against Russia and still has not retaliated against China for their multiple hacks into our systems.

All systems need to be behind multi-layered Firewall systems, Remote execution code needs to be locked down, ID's with administrative  type access need to be locked down and passwords need to be generated for those ID's with a short life cycle so that if somebody breaks in and learns your password that password is no longer viable. There is so much that can be done that is not done because it is inconvenient and to much work. Will it make IT's job harder yes but it will make systems safer and that is an achievable goal. I constantly hear we don't have the budget for it.  It is less about money then mindset much can be done to lock down existing systems without spending huge amounts of money.

My problem as an IT person for more years than I care to remember is despite a lot of rhetoric from both sides of the aisle so little has really been done to lock down our systems and to train people how not to become part of the problem.

Hillary is a perfect example supposedly she was to be trained in IT security based on her level of access and the risk she could pose. She claims she was never really trained. I have worked for companies where security was important and where it wasn't. Where it was important is you went through training and you had to take tests to prove that you had learned what you were required to know. If you didn't pass the test you didn't get your required level of clearance. After passing the test you signed a document acknowledging what your responsibilities were. You didn't sign no clearance.

If it had been done this way with Hillary she could not make the claim she didn't get proper training as they would have record of her passing the test or tests and her signature. to what she agreed to. With that type of training and process she would never have had a personal server or if she did she would have been prosecuted for having and using it. That same training anybody who received an e-mail from her that was about government business that did not come from a government account would have been required to report it  with a consequence of losing your job if you didn't report it. This training has to be repeated on a yearly basis passing the tests and signing the document each year.

This training can be done with videos and bio-metrics to be sure that the person taking the training is the real person.

I am sure that the government agencies has this type of training but apparently they don't make people at the top take the same things that everyday people who work for the same agencies must pass. At the top you have access to even more critical information as such you should have this training plus more.

4 hours ago, AUUSN said:

You Frothing mouth Trumpsters just make it too easy. That was a direct quote from Trump. See how silly it looks? 

So again. Malware attributed to Russian State hacking groups described in both links I provided WERE found on Vermont Utilities computer. I never said anything about the grid. I merely posted an article and you lost your mind. Calm down and take a deep breath before posting next time.

"Burlington Electric Department officials have confirmed that malware code that federal officials say was used to hack U.S. political parties was detected Friday on a laptop unconnected to the greater electrical grid after federal authorities released the code to executives from the financial, utility and transportation industries. A utility statement read, "We took immediate action to isolate the laptop and alerted federal officials of this finding."

http://www.newsweek.com/fake-news-cries-discovery-russian-malware-vermont-utility-537567

But we're not addressing Trump here are we Mr I know some stuff....we're addressing you continuing to double down on unnamed sources and innuendo that couldn't convict a jay walker....I hope that you require more thorough vetting of info in your day job....if not, maybe we can firewall you so you can do as little damage with your logic leaps as possible....this seems pretty clear to me...but hey, "you know some things"...

Federal investigators have found no information suggesting this city's electric utility was specifically targeted after Burlington officials found malicious software linked to Russian hackers on a department laptop, the utility's general manager said Saturday.

Evidence of Internet traffic associated with Grizzly Steppe, a notorious Russian distributor of malware, was disturbing but did not pose a threat to Burlington Electric Department's highly computerized grid or its customers, said Neale Lunderville, general manager of the city-owned utility.

The stealth software, isolated on the one laptop, was discovered Friday as part of ongoing routine vigilance. The Obama administration released the code Thursday to allow utilities to check for it......

An official statement Saturday from the Burlington Electric Department condemned the media for jumping to report it.

"It's unfortunate that an official or officials improperly shared inaccurate information with one media outlet, leading to multiple inaccurate reports around the country." according to the statement, which also noted that the sort of suspicious Internet traffic the utility encountered has been observed elsewhere and is not unique to Burlington Electric.

It's pretty sad with USA Today and Rolling Stones become the voice of reason in a sea of sensationalism.  

and, by the way, the USA today article had all the same info...so not sure the point you are trying to make...I think the quotes of the actual Burlington officials carry a little more weight than the interpretation of the Newsweek reporter....

1 minute ago, japantiger said:

But we're not addressing Trump here are we Mr I know some stuff....we're addressing you continuing to double down on unnamed sources and innuendo that couldn't convict a jay walker....I hope that you require more thorough vetting of info in your day job....if not, maybe we can firewall you so you can do as little damage with your logic leaps as possible....this seems pretty clear to me...but hey, "you know some things"...

Federal investigators have found no information suggesting this city's electric utility was specifically targeted after Burlington officials found malicious software linked to Russian hackers on a department laptop, the utility's general manager said Saturday.

Evidence of Internet traffic associated with Grizzly Steppe, a notorious Russian distributor of malware, was disturbing but did not pose a threat to Burlington Electric Department's highly computerized grid or its customers, said Neale Lunderville, general manager of the city-owned utility.

The stealth software, isolated on the one laptop, was discovered Friday as part of ongoing routine vigilance. The Obama administration released the code Thursday to allow utilities to check for it......

An official statement Saturday from the Burlington Electric Department condemned the media for jumping to report it.

"It's unfortunate that an official or officials improperly shared inaccurate information with one media outlet, leading to multiple inaccurate reports around the country." according to the statement, which also noted that the sort of suspicious Internet traffic the utility encountered has been observed elsewhere and is not unique to Burlington Electric.

It's pretty sad with USA Today and Rolling Stones become the voice of reason in a sea of sensationalism.  

and, by the way, the USA today article had all the same info...so not sure the point you are trying to make...I think the quotes of the actual Burlington officials carry a little more weight than the interpretation of the Newsweek reporter....

Until you deal with voices in your head, we're not going to have a rational debate.

So again, for the last time. My post:

22 hours ago, AUUSN said:

I know a lot about hacking and I also know things other people don't know.

Was direct quote from Trump to set up the Trumpsters. YOU fell for it.

12 hours ago, AUUSN said:

No offense, but you appear to be doubling down after being busted. 

7 hours ago, homersapien said:

What's your point Japan?

You seem to be arguing the accusation is bogus because they haven't provided  ANY EVIDENCE AT ALL, WHAT SO EVER TO THE PUBLIC ! 

FIFY

40 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

No offense, but you appear to be doubling down after being busted. 

No offense but you have no idea what you're talking about. I never contended that the grid was hacked. I merely posted an article.

4 minutes ago, AUUSN said:

No offense but you have no idea what you're talking about. I never contended that the grid was hacked. I merely posted an article.

LOL. OK. Never imagined you buying it. ;D

Archived