All things Bama lost the Natty thread (Merged)

tiger88

25 minutes ago, ClarkGriswold said:

So, using my twisted logic, just think about this...

Had Gus not run the whirlybird offense vs Clemson, we "probably" would have won the game.

AND, had we beat Clemson, they "probably" wouldn't have been in the playoffs.

SO, Gus cost Bammers another NC!

Yup... it was the secret plan all along...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I proudly didn't watch a down of last year's game or last night's game.  When the only possible outcomes are not-palatable options, I have no desire to partake.

Despise Bama

Strongly dislike Dabo (for his 2011 BS)

Funny how all the Alabama fans are bashing Hurts and saying Tua will start for them next year. The same people that are blaming the NC loss on a true freshman are talking about starting another true freshman next year and winning a NC. It also was funny to go look at their game thread and the amount of people bashing Pruitt and the defense.

48 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Yup... it was the secret plan all along...

Good plan somewhat!

1 hour ago, tiger88 said:

Dude was just trying to get his money to go hide it, before the bookie came calling to collect b/c ole boy bet the trailer rent on "da tyde".

24 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Funny how all the Alabama fans are bashing Hurts and saying Tua will start for them next year. The same people that are blaming the NC loss on a true freshman are talking about starting another true freshman next year and winning a NC. It also was funny to go look at their game thread and the amount of people bashing Pruitt and the defense.

Not surprised by that at all....they are worse than AU folks about calling for the backup.  Hurts and the O had been feasting all year off a D that was also scoring for them.  Clemson had the O to knock the their D on their heels (AU would have if had been fully healthy) and a good enough D to contain the uat O.  

1 hour ago, ClarkGriswold said:

So, using my twisted logic, just think about this...

Had Gus not run the whirlybird offense vs Clemson, we "probably" would have won the game.

AND, had we beat Clemson, they "probably" wouldn't have been in the playoffs.

SO, Gus cost Bammers another NC!

And Gus and Saban together cost Kiffen his Championship ring.................

b6c2e06b7edfac9f1035d594aa9a78a5.jpg

8 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

His post game antics after beating us in death valley in 2011 cost him dearly in my eyes. He'll never recover.

I love Clemson....can't help but root for them when we aren't playing them. Danny Ford, a former bammer himself, rarely ever mentioned bama and only said anything about his time there when asked by a reporter. It was all about Clemson and the program. Dabo......he's younger and honestly an understandable homer for the turds. His story reflects it. But his antics on the field after the 2011 game will never be forgotten in my eyes or in my heart.

I'm happy for my family and friends back in South Carolina and beyond who have waited a long time and endured some bad seasons to get to this moment. We can relate to that.

Guess it is not surprising but some whinny losers on the bama side....a little humility was obviously needed...

3 hours ago, tiger88 said:

No, it doesn't equate to that at all. Not sure where you drew that conclusion from, lol.my point was that yes having an exceptional qb can matter, but it takes the entire team. 

For example, Williams had TWO exceptional catches on the last drive alone that few receivers make and forced bama into the PI call that set up the final td.

I would say DW is probably the biggest reason they won, but they probably lose Williams as well and maybe renfroe as well. They are stacked. They sent over half their d to the pros last year, reloaded their dl with freshmen and sophomores and got better as a unit.  

Interesting that in an interview this AM. Dabo mentioned that he will only sign about 15 this year and maybe fewer next season...obviously have some young depth coming along even after losing DW and some good receivers. 

3 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Dabo is pure bama trash. Have to question any AU fan who likes this clown. 

Man you need to check yourself. No need to call someone you do not know trash.I get that you hate Bama, as we all do, but Dabo took the hand life dealt him, played it, and ascended to the very pinnacle of his profession. I have to admire that in him.

18 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Guess it is not surprising but some whinny losers on the bama side....a little humility was obviously needed...

I ventured to one of their sites and it was... bizarre.  The first 30+ posts in the discussion were all about whether or not cussing should be allowed in their forum. Then they chatted about how they were in a rebuilding year, how they lost 2 players on defense and that made all the difference, how Bateman was a better choice at QB than Hurts, how Sark was too balanced in his attack, how they aren't recruiting well enough, etc...

Other than the discussion about cussing, it really was like reading this site. 

Just watched a 1:00 highlight of the last 3 drives of the game (that's all my stomach could stand).

2 Questions...

QU 1: Anyone notice if there were 3+ "missed" holding calls on Hurts' final TD run, ala the LSU game?  (No reason, just curious..)

QU 2: Anyone else notice that when AL loses the nation is all aflutter (social media, networks, papers, etc) but when they win the nation gives them a "golf clap".

Pretty sure AU fans ain't the only people tired of & bored with tha tahd.

War Eagle!

Just saying, that living in Birmingham I am really looking forward to a whole year of no tshirts, no dynasty talk etc... because they are the worst winners ever!!! Thank you Clemson?

6 minutes ago, Dshep4au said:

Just saying, that living in Birmingham I am really looking forward to a whole year of no tshirts, no dynasty talk etc... because they are the worst winners ever!!! Thank you Clemson?

^^^ this .  They are one of the worst fan bases in general when it comes to being sore losers.  I mean in recent years some of the highlights include destroying other university's property to domestic violence because their precious team lost

I feel sorry for the fish in that lake Clempsin's so famous for...

Is there a GPS locator on Harvey?

31 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

QU 2: Anyone else notice that when AL loses the nation is all aflutter (social media, networks, papers, etc) but when they win the nation gives them a "golf clap".

I actually saw an article this morning that tried to explain why everyone is so happy Saban lost. The conclusion was that he wins too much and has the personality of an inanimate object that you repeatedly stub your toe on. 

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

I actually saw an article this morning that tried to explain why everyone is so happy Saban lost. The conclusion was that he wins too much and has the personality of an inanimate object that you repeatedly stub your toe on. 

That's a very kind way to put it, for sure.

Guy I work with is a tahd fan (but ua-b grad) and he's actually a decent fellow as long as we don't talk football.

He was surprised last year when he asked me if I saw the natty game and I said "no".  I told him that he really didn't want my true thoughts of his beloved team and to make sure we stay friends I'll just leave it at that.  He actually is pretty cool, gets it, and we haven't spoken a word about football since (surprisingly).

However, I'm always amazed at "bammer fan"s' reaction when they find out that a non-bammer doesn't care about or watch bammer play outside of the IB.  So many of them have this delusion that " the nation" loves, respects & fears tha tahd.

They don't get that most people actually loathes the team, disrespects the state BECAUSE of their team and the only thing they "fear" is boredom.. "Aw crap. Not THEM again"...

9 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Guy I work with is a tahd fan (but ua-b grad) and he's actually a decent fellow as long as we don't talk football.

He was surprised last year when he asked me if I saw the natty game and I said "no".  I told him that he really didn't want my true thoughts of his beloved team and to make sure we stay friends I'll just leave it at that.  He actually is pretty cool, gets it, and we haven't spoken a word about football since (surprisingly).

However, I'm always amazed at "bammer fan"s' reaction when they find out that a non-bammer doesn't care about or watch bammer play outside of the IB.  So many of them have this delusion that " the nation" loves, respects & fears tha tahd.

They don't get that most people actually loathes the team, disrespects the state BECAUSE of their team and the only thing they "fear" is "Aw crap. Not THEM again"...

^^^ exactly.  There is a bit of arrogance in this state when it comes to bammer football.  I just moved back from out of state where NFL dominated sports talk.  It was weird being in another state where hardly nothing was said about college football.  NFL is still the number one sport that dominates ratings and revenue.  Not college football, much less bammer football.

Somebody on this board tried to convince that bammer football is a national brand.  I had to chuckle.  How little they know because they're use to being in their bubble.

Just now, WeagleAU said:

Somebody on this board tried to convince that bammer football is a national brand.

Well, technically, it is a national brand.  It may not be as recognized as, say, NFL teams, but the mulleted A is pretty wide spread (I see the dang thing frequently, here in Kansas), it is a brand, and it carries all of the legal protections and rights of a brand. Auburn is too, but it is far less recognized. Part of that is actually Auburn's fault as, up until just a handful of years ago, they were incredibly uptight about letting manufactures use their brand. 

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

Well, technically, it is a national brand.  It may not be as recognized as, say, NFL teams, but the mulleted A is pretty wide spread (I see the dang thing frequently, here in Kansas), it is a brand, and it carries all of the legal protections and rights of a brand. Auburn is too, but it is far less recognized. Part of that is actually Auburn's fault as, up until just a handful of years ago, they were incredibly uptight about letting manufactures use their brand. 

Yeah, I get what you're saying.  I guess I'm trying to say I don't see their brand as well other SEC brands that much outside the regional bubble.  I think some people in Alabama think that the SEC and bammer football dominate sports talk around the nation.  That hasn't been my experience.

3 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

Yeah, I get what you're saying.  I guess I'm trying to say I don't see their brand as well other SEC brands that much outside the regional bubble.  I think some people in Alabama think that the SEC and bammer football dominate sports talk around the nation.  That hasn't been my experience.

It certainly doesn't dominate here, but Alabama is by far the most recognized and often seen outside of the Big 12 schools (even during the Shula era). LSU, Georgia and Florida also get a fair amount of recognition.  Everyone else in the SEC gets kicked to the curb for the most part. I wear Auburn stuff around here and, if the name/logo isn't front and center, I get accused of being a Denver Broncos fan.  If it just has the AU logo on it, I've actually been asked if I'm a bama fan (this happened just a couple of days ago, in fact).

Most common conversation:
Where did you go to school?
Auburn.
Isn't that in Georgia?
No, it's in Alabama.
Oh... What City?
Auburn.
Oh.

4 hours ago, Tiger said:

Are you implying coaches that are not coaching at their alma maters are not 100% committed to their employer? You can be a fan of your school and still work for another. Every coach has a special place in their heart for the school they attended. Also if Clemson had fired Dabo for not being "committed enough" then they would still be Clemsoning to this day. The man has eradicated that term for CU all while still rooting for Bama personally -- as all coaches pull for where they played/went to school

He also just beat the school you are claiming he loves more than the school he is at while looking as happy as can be while doing it. If that isn't showing loyalty to Clemson above all others idk what will. He didn't feel bad for Bama, he felt GREAT for Clemson -- judging by body language and post game footage

Look, I get it how it could rub someone wrong for talking about another school while you're the coach of another. I think that argument has more merit than just disliking him because he rubbed our faces in the fact that he was a Bama guy after Clemson beat us in 2011. I feel that is hypocritical because if the situation was reversed people would've loved it. 

Not my point at all, it's about professionalism.  Rece Davis is an alum of Alabama, but you would be hard pressed to know it by the way he projects himself as a professional announcer, same with Kirk Herbstreet and tOSU.  Now compare those two to Finebaum, who in my opinion is a shill for Bama or nothing more then a shock jock.  Who would you hire as a professional announcer?

Most coaches do not mention where they played ball (if they did) unless asked a pointed question by the media. Dabo willingly brings it up and gets overly emotional about Bama during his cheerleading with the media.  After the 2011 game, I would not have fired Dabo, but I would have made it clear who signs his paycheck and it had nothing to do with Roll Tide.

Dabo just needs to grow up.

By the way, you last paragraph is my point.   The 2011 game was just the first time I noticed he had that particular character flaw.  People might have loved one of our former players saying War Eagle if they had beaten Bama, but I would still feel it was unprofessional to say it to a national audience.

4 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Most common conversation:
Where did you go to school?
Auburn.
Isn't that in Georgia?
No, it's in Alabama.
Oh... What City?
Auburn.
Oh.

Similar conversation with bammer fan:
Did you go to Alabama?
No.