Chip Lindsey new OC

RunInRed

3 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

I never bitched. You are the one all over this thread bitching at everyone. Again you don't read very well. In my original post I said that I wasn't holding any of those things against him because none of them had to be bad. It was just one of the parts of his past/experience. Completely missed that point there didn't you?  Seriously, step away from the computer.  You're just pissing everyone off for no reason at this point. 

You gave a list of negatives and flaws before you said you wouldn't hold the flaws against him.

One of the detrimental issues you mentioned was that "Chip Lindsey came from a HS coaching tree of sleezeball coaches" even though His resume says otherwise. One stint and one year with Propst doesn't change the fact. 

I don't mean to nitpick you but if you pass something off an inaccuracy as fact then I will say something. And I really couldn't give two sh**s about who I piss off. I don't care if two hundred people agree with you, I will say you are wrong.

8 hours ago, aufan57 said:

Can someone explain to me how working for one year as a QA makes someone part of the Malzahn coaching tree? Has more connections to Rush Propst than Malzahn

Exactly.  One year with Gus, then went on to USM and ASU and developed his offense, probably with some items he learned from Gus and ideas from other coaches.  he then turned that into successful QBs and offenses.  Does he run something that fits what Gus wants (HUNH, Power run spread), sounds like it is enough of what Gus has recruited for with some possible additions.  Which is what we needed.

Lashlee only was under Gus, other than one year at Samford.  So he couldn't really bring something new/different, just what he learned under Gus.  I think Gus has evolved enough as a HC to bring in a guy that matches his system and players to build on what we already have.

In the end, production will be defining factor.  If Gus and his Coaches don't produce, they will be gone.  call me a pumper, but I am looking for reservations at the playoff finals for next year.

8 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

It will either work or it will not lets all pray for the first.

Amen and Amen.  I'm so fricking tired of the pissing matches.  Everyone said Gus needed improvement from last year and to win at least 1 game against LSU, UGA, and bama.  He did.  Now the scale slides. He needs to win 9/10 games this upcoming season and 1 win needs to be against UGA or bama.  But whether you like the coach or not (either head coach or asst) if you are a fan and not a decision maker you should back them until they are gone. Not saying we can't speak our mind but we are trashing a hire and have no clue how he coaches or what he will do for our program.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, FoundationEagle said:

This guy is from a coaching tree of sleezeballs in HS.

He happened to coach with the biggest sleezeball in the history of high school football.  As my wife often says "just because I stand in the garage, that doesn't make me a car".

Just had to dig one out from the glorious past, I don't apologize if it offends anyone.  If he was beloved by 43, that's plenty enough for me to give him the benefit of the doubt. This from a thread from Lindsey's first time here (actually makes me smile real big) ....

Lutz has high praise for the guy.

Philip Lutzenkirchen ‏@lutzenkirchen

Chip Lindsay to Auburn is the best news since America developed tiVo. Amazing coach/person and an even better friend. Wish I had 4 more yrs!

Edited by PowerOfDixieland
  • Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 11:59 AM, TexasTiger said:

Just is. Okay, no real logic or analysis. Just is. Now I know to never ascribe any credibility to you. Just won't.

(Texas Tiger, I meant for my post to be an independent post and not one to quote you)

The more I have read up on Chip, the better I am liking him. I am a sunshine guy 96.27% of the time and base this on actually good things that can be gleaned from the situation. He is a lot more different than Rhett in so many ways. I think that CCL is the kind of coach that will take constructive criticism or whatever you call, from his HC boss, but will fight constructively to run the plays that he feels will give the team the best chance of having success and winning the game at hand.

Gus is nowhere the control freak that Saban is. If there ever was a coach who extremely controlled his coaches, Saban would win this hand down. Gus does like to have control, and can be excessive at times. I do think that CCL has the experience to be what we have been looking for in an OC and can successfully call a game that will give us the best chance to win. Yes, there will be times in games that Gus might see something that CCL may have not picked up on, and will step in when needed.

I even think that Saban can intimidate the AD and the REC when he wants to. I guess as long as he wins, folks in that school's food chain will step back and go to their corner and take their time out with much fear and so forth. Once Nicky leaves, there will be a void at that school that would be like a monster black hole about ready to suck up half of the universe that no light can escape from.

Gus does learn his lessons here and there, and knows that he is in the process of about to learn the biggest lesson he has yet to learn in his coaching career. Our QBs are about to be in for a treat that they have not had since the day they signed their NLI. I mean this in a very positive way. Gus and Rhett know offense very well except for moments of brain freeze like the Clemson game and other games here and there. JS, SW, and even Woody will be able to have a teacher who can bring out the best in each of them. I forgot about JFIII, and know that CCL will have a positive influence in helping him to become the best offensive weapon he can be. I believe that Woody will blossom under CCL and will be able to prove all of the naysayers about him from being a very good QB.

We need to support CCL and let him do what he has been hired to do. I for one, will be in his court for sure.

Edited by doc4aday
  • Like 1

I love that he likes to pass the ball. He has way more air raid in him from working under todd monken than I originally thought. If Gus gtfo of the way and lets him call his plays lets him run HIS offense it could be a good marriage. I just do not trust gus at all to do this. The man has known to be a liar when it comes to giving up plays completely. I hope if he trys to take back playcalling sometime next season (or if he even gives it up in the first place) Chip tells him to f off and go be a head coach and not the OC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

I watched that earlier.  Man loves the wildcat for sure...

QB injury problems I heard....but seemed to work for them.  The O could be any OC's offense I guess...looks like AU and a few dozen other teams but I liked the number of first down passes .

49 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

You gave a list of negatives and flaws before you said you wouldn't hold the flaws against him.

One of the detrimental issues you mentioned was that "Chip Lindsey came from a HS coaching tree of sleezeball coaches" even though His resume says otherwise. One stint and one year with Propst doesn't change the fact. 

I don't mean to nitpick you but if you pass something off an inaccuracy as fact then I will say something. And I really couldn't give two sh**s about who I piss off. I don't care if two hundred people agree with you, I will say you are wrong.

Lmao. I still wasn't wrong. Quit being an ass and sleep it off. 

2 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Man I sure need a jeff-cation

It would help if everyone would stop quoting him and just reference his name instead.  That way those that are trying to avoid those conversations can do so. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AU64 said:

QB injury problems I heard....but seemed to work for them.  The O could be any OC's offense I guess...looks like AU and a few dozen other teams but I liked the number of first down passes .

Yes, I concur.

Honestly, I actually prefer a dominant ground game and don't mind the previous run/pass ratio.  2013 was absolute Heaven for me....I guess I'm just old school.

However, AU's failure was to not make the passes count.  That is why we are here today.  Personally, if CCL will maintain the same run game but actually develop QB's and add sophisticated passing routes, even if they still run a 70/30 run-pass split, I think we'll see a 2013 style offense again....just with the QB option being pass more than run.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

Yes, I concur.

Honestly, I actually prefer a dominant ground game and don't mind the previous run/pass ratio.  2013 was absolute Heaven for me....I guess I'm just old school.

However, AU's failure was to not make the passes count.  That is why we are here today.  Personally, if CCL will maintain the same run game but actually develop QB's and add sophisticated passing routes, even if they still run a 70/30 run-pass split, I think we'll see a 2013 style offense again....just with the QB option being pass more than run.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

we have a thoroughbred at QB finally for the first time since 2014. You got to let him loose and sling it all over the yard sometimes. Take advantage of our talented young wrs.

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

we have a thoroughbred at QB finally for the first time since 2014. You got to let him loose and sling it all over the yard sometimes. Take advantage of our talented young wrs.

That ain't my red solo cup of beer.  BUT, if it works...then I'm all-in.

Edited by AUsince72

7 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

That ain't my red solo cup of beer.  BUT, if it works...then I'm all-in.

haha can you admit that 70/30 run to pass is not exactly a recipe for success? we got to be balanced! That will catch up to you eventually.

16 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

haha can you admit that 70/30 run to pass is not exactly a recipe for success? we got to be balanced! That will catch up to you eventually.

Agree on this point , it's hard to move the ball against teams like Alabama or probably LSU now , if you are mostly dependent on running the ball. Also I don't think you can crank up a passing offense on an "as needed" basis against those types of teams.

I don't know what the proper percentage might be but I think an aggressive passing game should be a part of the game plan no matter who we are playing. CCL seems to be a guy who can do this. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Hey, I'm all for what brings the "W"... no disagreement there.

I have just always believed a dominant run game is more "aesthetically pleasing".  Doesn't mean I'd bite my nose off to spite my face.  That's one reason the NFL fell out of favor with me.  Used to be Walter Payton, Tony Dorsett, William Andrews and better. Now its all about Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers... Just ain't as satisfying to me.  Just my opinion...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

Hey, I'm all for what brings the "W"... no disagreement there.

I have just always believed a dominant run game is more "aesthetically pleasing".  Doesn't mean I'd bite my nose off to spite my face.  That's one reason the NFL fell out of favor with me.  Used to be Walter Payton, Tony Dorsett, William Andrews and better. Now its all about Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers... Just ain't as satisfying to me.  Just my opinion...

haha I am the exact opposite. I love watching great qbs go to work. There is nothing better to me. The run game is just not exciting. But hey your old school I am new school.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AUTIGERinSC said:

Good stuff. You can see the similarities. 

Wait - are we meant to be excited about ASU's offense or TT's? Ha... sorry.

Not sure this shows us a whole lot. There aren't any SEC fronts 7 on display here.

I'll reserve judgment as well, like most on here. I love wide open offense but remain unconvinced it can work consistently in our league. 

I hear people talking about QB development but I see a lot of staring down receivers (from ASU's guy) in this highlight reel.

If anything, I can be optimistic about the mix of play calling, esp. on 1st down.

Geez. 68-55... Really, PAC/big 12?!

2 hours ago, FoundationEagle said:

Lmao. I still wasn't wrong. Quit being an ass and sleep it off. 

You are wrong. You just don't want to admit it. Lindsey served only one year with Propst out of a decade while serving as a HS coach in some form. To say that Lindsey "came from a coaching tree of sleeze ball HS coaches" just because of that one year is downright deceptive if not a blatant lie. And if im an ass for making you eat your mistake, so be it.

I find it highly revealing that nobody else has a problem with that statement.

6 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Where have I ever made anything up?show me and I'll leave this site forever. 

6 hours ago, JMassie11 said:

I'm not gonna take my time and quote 100s of pages of bs from you but ✌️️

Dang Massie. What a golden opportunity!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AUTIGERinSC said:

Good stuff. You can see the similarities. 

Er, Does that number 7 for ASU have any eligibility left? Like to get that boy as a graduate transfer.