Chip Lindsey new OC

RunInRed

Just now, Auctoritas said:

Because you said so. Which is apparently all the evidence we're gonna get from you.

Shocker.

Cram it with walnuts, ugly.

Ok, deny my credibility to appease your dissonance of hearing he won't be a "stud recruiter." IDGAF. I gave personal insight and you rejected it, so whatever dude.

Stick with the "he learned from Propst for a year" and believe the North Alabama boy can recruit Mobile like a star.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Ok, deny my credibility to appease your dissonance of hearing he won't be a "stud recruiter." IDGAF. I gave personal insight and you rejected it, so whatever dude.

Stick with the "he learned from Propst for a year" and believe the North Alabama boy can recruit Mobile like a star.

You're attributing something to me I've never said. I have no clue who Propst is, I've never been to North Alabama and have no familiarity with it other than something about Terry Bowden, and the last time I was in Mobile was 15 years ago.

I have no clue if he's going to be a stud recruiter. But I'm not going to say yes or no until he's had a chance to do it. You know, like a grown up would do.

Best part about this coaching search is that it's filled out my ignore list nicely.

10 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

When did I get called out on it? Using a typo is bush league?

I'm calling you out on it right now

Hey take it to the PMs! 

That's how it's done,  right? 

I think I need my moderator status approved. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Not reaching. Gus hired the man before, thus he's familiar with him.

Gus surrounds himself with familiarity again.

Shocker.

Like everyone else in college football. You get that right? Butch Jones? Worked with 4/9 of his staff at UT prior. Nick Saban? Same thing 4/9. Kirby Smart? 5/9 of his staff. Jim Mcilwain? 3/9. I could go on but I won't. It's not a new thing to surround yourself with people who you've worked with and "familiarity" y'all need to wake up. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

link?

Since he's pulling crap out of his rear end, I don't think you will get a hyperlink unless he starts eating wikipedia pages.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Hey take it to the PMs! 

I'm out of likes. That's a shame.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Auctoritas said:

Well, the current recruiting portfolio would be actual evidence, so that'd be a great start.

Google is your friend. His recruiting portfolio is pretty bare at the moment other than scoring Blake Barnett the transfer, and some other 4* QB.

5 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

You want to assert, back it up. You ask that of everyone here, we're asking the same of you.

To say that he won't be stud recruiter isn't any more of a bold statement than saying he he will be, chicken little. The only "stud recruiters" we have had lately are Garner and Dameyune. Please quit getting bent over nothing. 

2 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

Unless that several years ago was while he was recruiting your kid or selling you a used car, that doesn't mean jack to anyone here.

Simple observations can determine the demeanor and charisma of a person. What a petty argument you are making right now.

1 minute ago, tombigbeetiger said:

i still expect to see the whirlybird and the run up the gut on 1st downs no matter who was hired....i am willing to go one more year with malzahn.....thats probably all he has anyway

Well, we'd hate for you to be happy.

No, really, we would.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tombigbeetiger said:

i still expect to see the whirlybird and the run up the gut on 1st downs no matter who was hired....i am willing to go one more year with malzahn.....thats probably all he has anyway

I doubt it. Unlike Lashlee,  I think Gus actually trust this guy to get the job done 

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Hey take it to the PMs! 

You can have it

9 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

This is what gets me, Jeff. You and I had a back and forth the other day about recruiting. During it, I stated my experience with it and you continued to bemoan that I didn't know what I was talking about and refused to believe me.  Now that the same thing is happening here to you, you are crying for credibility based on your word alone...

I'm sorry for the threadjack. I'm done

What a group!

If he:

Knows a pass play to a RB other than the wheel route

Knows the TE is eligible as a receiver

Has a better version the WR screen

Has a route tree bigger than the in, the out, the go

Is decisive in who his best players are and, plays them

This is a great hire and huge upgrade.  Good luck Chipper.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

You can have it

This is what gets me, Jeff. You and I had a back and forth the other day about recruiting. During it, I stated my experience with it and you continued to bemoan that I didn't know what I was talking about and refused to believe me.  Now that the same thing is happening here to you, you are crying for credibility based on your word alone...

But he needs more proof on being called out ?...... Can someone link this to google since apparently it's our friend

Will be nice when the basketball game starts so these Negative Nancys can turn their attention to complaining about the basketball team .....what do we have 5 pages of pi****g contests?  

Mods on vacation today ?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

You don't just move up coaching ranks that quickly by being an average joe ?

Shake the right set of hands and you're set. Somebody has to start from somewhere. 

Fortunately for him, he started under John Mothershed( legendary HS coach) and then Propst ( another legendary HS coach) and his career took off from there.

Please don't insinuate I'm calling him an average coach. 

this passive aggressive crap needs to stop.  Take your childish bickering to PM's and leave them off the board.  WT

18 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

Because you said so. Which is apparently all the evidence we're gonna get from you.

He can't offer any, but here

25 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Shake the right set of hands and you're set. Somebody has to start from somewhere. 

Fortunately for him, he started under John Mothershed( legendary HS coach) and then Propst ( another legendary HS coach) and his career took off from there.

Please don't insinuate I'm calling him an average coach. 

That is about as unethical as being a Bird.

Guess guys like Malzahn, Pruit, Smart, Fleck, Norvell, and Kingsbury just all knew how to shake hands then