Chip Lindsey new OC

RunInRed

24 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

The point is Gus couldn't get who he really wanted and instead, got his fall-back guy, a guy he knew all along would crawl from AZ to AU to become OC.

I thought the point was that he keeps putting himself with people he's worked with before? If Gus couldn't get the guy he wanted, how is it Gus' fault? I'll hang up and listen. 

5 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

This guy is from a coaching tree of sleezeballs in HS.  

This is not true. He worked with one sleezeball.

Like I said last week, his HS coaching pedigree is pretty rich. He learned from John Mothershed and Rush Propst. Mothershed learned from Tandy Geralds which was the coach featured in "Woodlawn." And both were coaches of high integrity.

Edited by aujeff11
  • Like 1

I looked at the games he called during his time at Southern Miss and ASU and his offense scored a lot of p[oints against some power 5 team defenses. That gives me a little relief that maybe he has an idea about how to call a game against average to good defenses. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

My point was we barely recruit North Alabama other than Madison Academy and that's where much of his connections are. But you're right for sure. He had a brief stint in Georgia and worked with Lutzenkirchen but I'm not sure of his connections there. 

I suppose we can hope that his past connections in N Alabama will help create some recruiting in-roads. 

5 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Because he is.

That's not a valid response. Explain why you think that. What evidence can you point to that would indicate he's a yes man?

5 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

We can pretend he isn't all we want... And no DC isn't the same. Gus ran him off. This is another guy who Gus can control. I just don't see how Lindsey has sufficient experience but Kendall didn't. This guy is another high school coach. Or didn't you read his bio.  Oh and another thing, this is a hire that keeps Kodi Burns. Being as Lindsey had hired Kodi to be his RB coach as ASU, there is no chance Kodi is left without a job.... Just the safe choice all the way around... 

Um... Putting those numbers up at Southern Mississippi is the the same as the SEC, but go ahead and pump that sunshine. 

You're still assuming that which you have yet to prove. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I give an over under at 5 games next season before Gus is fired and I am probably a little high. And no Chip is not a good hire he is mediocre at best. Might have been a good choice for a QB coach, but the only reason he is the OC is he agreed to let Gus call the plays, something Rhett refused to do any longer and not to fire Gus's other yes men Kodi and Herb. Next year we will see if we can go hire a real coach.

I'll take the over on 5 games before Malzahn is fired. How much action on it are you able to handle?

9 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

This is not true. He worked with one sleezeball.

So you're just trying to nitpick everyone's post you can in this thread to see if you can have 20 arguments going at once then?  "Tree" doesn't have to mean he worked WITH them, just within the same tree or for the same person. Probst and Pruitt = sleezeballs

2 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

So you're just trying to nitpick everyone's post you can

I only corrected because it was wrong. The rest wasn't.

Gus was hired as HC by Auburn for his offensive talent - period - so totally cutting him off from our offense makes zero sense. With Chip we get an energetic young coach that has had OC success on his own in the southeast but is a perfect Gus mentor. He has Alabama high school networks for recruiting, an excellent reputation for working with QBs,  a run-first tempo disciple (sounds familiar) and a guy that on paper fits in with the staff. I give it an 8 out of 10 with exciting potential.

War Eagle Coach Lindsey!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

No you are just wearing you're OB glasses. Why do you think Craig , Grimes, and Rhett left here to take a lateral at best or worse with Grimes and Rhett. They all tried to steer Gus in another direction but Gus instead just moves them out of the way and replaces them with less qualified folks that will not challenge him. Good coaches go after people who will challenge them and make them better. Not Gus because he is childish. Look at Gus and then at NS and tell me which one looks more like a grown up. It is not hard to see this is a fail waiting to happen. Another year wasted for these young men. Probably will derail our recruiting for sometime to come. But hey you guys go ahead and make excuses for Gus. You just are part of the problem. This is why we are not successful at AU, because we always refuse to demand that folks we pay, preform as they should.

So lashlee who has coached 1 year out of his whole career away from Gus left because he wanted to change Gus' offense and Gus wasn't having it. But Chip who has coached only 1 year WITH Gus his entire career was brought in so Gus could call the plays. That is a very interesting way to see things...

8 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

It wasn't wrong, you just didn't understand. 

Well this is wrong. He only worked with one bad apple and only briefly. He is as much of the Tandy Gerelds and Mothershed football tree which emphasized faith and football. 

"This guy is from a coaching tree of sleezeballs in HS. "
Edited by aujeff11

2 hours ago, VipersStrike1 said:

Not reaching. Gus hired the man before, thus he's familiar with him.

Gus surrounds himself with familiarity again.

Shocker.

This is an idiotic reason to be upset about the hire. 

• Like 1

Looks like Chip likes to throw a bunch on 1st down. We will see if this is truly his offense as that seems to be a staple. After watching some film, no doubt, he has definitely been influenced by CGM. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Just because Bird says there is zero evidence that doesn't mean there is "zero evidence."

Like I said, I used to know of Lindsey decently well back when he was at Colbert Heights and had other stops at Deshler and Florence. And I talked to him a couple times as well. I feel if anything he was more of an average joe then. 

Please don't go full retard and say but he worked with Propst for a year like Metafour.

No, the fact that no one in 12 pages of blathering has presented any evidence makes it highly likely there's zero evidence. People are making up bull**** and acting like anyone that expects them to back it up with something other than vapor is just sunshine pumping. The onus is on the one making the assertion. 

• Like 3

While y'all are still complaining about everything auburn there's a great basketball game goin on.....guess we should just stop playing that too since we're terrible and all

• Like 1

We like to pick on Arizona State and poach coaches from that school even more than Mack Brown used to steal Defensive coordinators from us back in the day. Lets see Clint Myers aka THE GOAT, Kodi Burns and now Chip Lindsey. I may be missing someone else as well.

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

No, the fact that no one in 12 pages of blathering has presented any evidence makes it highly likely there's zero evidence. People are making up bull**** and acting like anyone that expects them to back it up with something other than vapor is just sunshine pumping. The onus is on the one making the assertion. 

What evidence are you expecting from me? What could I possible show you? Bueller? anyone?

7 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

People are making up bull****

Oh okay so you are saying im making s*** up?

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

This is an idiotic reason to be upset about the hire. 

i don't know whether to be excited or not but if this is coach that Gus wants then all of need to take a deep breath and support his decision. For people on this site to say this hire will result in Gus being fired at the end of next season doesn't add up. It seems like they are openly hoping are team fails and I really don't comprehend that mentality. I hope CCL succeeds in turning around our QB's and transforms our offense to a more balanced attack. If Gus choose to limit CCL input and they fail then it's on Gus and he will reap what he sows. But thinking this hire is going cause Gus and his staff to be dismissed I just can't get there from here. 

• Like 2

Just now, aujeff11 said:

What evidence are you expecting from me? What could I possible show you? Bueller? anyone?

I wasn't just referring to you, but I do find it ironic that you'd call someone out about evidence and present none. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

This was more about the general tone of the Chicken Little crew on this thread. Making up s*** about him being a yes man, making up s*** about him being from Gus's "coaching tree", making up s*** about how this went down. There's a "let's have story time" narrative on this thread that's very telling. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Dude you make up crap all the time or take select snippets of a quote to support your claim....worse than CNN covering the news

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Dude you make up crap all the time or take select snippets of a quote to support your claim....worse than CNN covering the news

Where have I ever made anything up?show me and I'll leave this site forever. 

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Where have I ever made anything up?show me and I'll leave this site forever. 

I'm not gonna take my time and quote 100s of pages of bs from you but ✌️️