The Chip Lindsey hire Poll

Newbomb

What I think about the Chip Lindsey hire Poll  

247 members have voted

1. 1. What I think about the Chip Lindsey hire

• I'm all in on this!
    • Good hire not great.
    • Not good for Auburn
    • Horrible hire... Gus will need a realtor.

Add me to the "wait and see" clan. 

Gus and Chip will have a ton of toys to play with this upcoming season. If they mess the bed, we should be looking for a new OC, new HC, and a new AD during the offseason. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see the down side to this hire honestly. It's a good hire, but probably not the best that could've happened. But certainly not the worse. There were QB injuries and still had production at that position. Sounds awfully familiar to what happened to our boys this year. I think we all need to relax, chill out and let him prove that his capable of doing. If we all got what we wanted, we'd have 6 "co-offensive" coordinators by now.

2 hours ago, tombigbeetiger said:

lol....i really bug you, don't i?....i ain't even trying to, either....lol

I don't think you bug WarTiger. I just think he was being nice in labeling you a turd which everyone gets...;-)

I was most intrigued by Yuricich. However you spell it. Least impressed or actually sickened by Mazzone. I kinda figured Lindsay or Gilbert and either was not bad but I don't know their work too well.  

I'm willing to give him a chance and see what he can do,we all know Gus is going to be calling the plays just like he did last year when RL was supposedly calling them.For me if he can develop our QB 's then it will be a big upgrade type of hire.

Well Gus said in his press conference he is "retiring the clipboard," and giving full reins to him.  Also, many high school coaches in Alabama have voiced their support for him and said he will be a stud recruiting for us.  

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Well Gus said in his press conference he is "retiring the clipboard," and giving full reins to him.  Also, many high school coaches in Alabama have voiced their support for him and said he will be a stud recruiting for us.  

Sunshine Pumper ;)

Seriously, sounds good if he holds to it!

I'm all in on it. We have been saying Gus needs a proven QB developer. We got it. Since we don't have the new position yet we got what we have been asking for with this hire. Honestly I am a little sick of hearing every other post that this is Gus's last year so whatever. They wouldn't let Gus have his first choice and I think this was his second. So far I think Gus has done pretty good with all of his hires after the initial staff. Some on this board won't be happy with anything. I think next year will be great!!!  

11 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Have any of our existing O commits flipped yet?

I'm in the ALL IN group. I'm gonna step out on a limb here and I dont care if you call me crazy. Its going to be an interesting season, but Auburn is going to make the playoff next season. Just feeling it.

7 hours ago, Sani-Freeze said:

You need a "let's wait and see" option - I don't know enough about him yet. I know the ASU offense was bad last year, but they were decimated by injuries and were playing a 4th string QB. 

Well, it seems he can develop a qb other than the starter, however if he gets 3 qbs injured at AU this season we go no better than 5-7 playing a 4th string.. (unless they all get injured late in the season). Of course I'm not sure any team could win with the 4th string qb :dead:

I'm in the "wait and see" group.  I hope Gus will get out of the way and let his OC do his job.  If GM doesn't and the offense start this season the way it ended he won't make it thru the season.

34 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

Well, it seems he can develop a qb other than the starter, however if he gets 3 qbs injured at AU this season we go no better than 5-7 playing a 4th string.. (unless they all get injured late in the season). Of course I'm not sure any team could win with the 4th string qb :dead:

If AU had 3 QB's actually injured, as opposed to 1 injured, 2 inept, and 1 unable to get ready, then Gus/Rhett might have been cut a little slack.

...OH, and CHH might be the one being replaced instead of Rhett.

Just now, AUsince72 said:

If AU had 3 QB's actually injured, as opposed to 1 injured, 2 inept, and 1 unable to get ready, then Gus/Rhett might have been cut a little slack.

True, but if CL manages to end up with 2 hurt qbs, I'm not sure there is a 3rd string on the roster ready to win games. Maybe CL could get Woody there. Who knows.  Maybe for once we will have a healthy qb for a whole season. 

1 minute ago, FoundationEagle said:

True, but if CL manages to end up with 2 hurt qbs, I'm not sure there is a 3rd string on the roster ready to win games. Maybe CL could get Woody there. Who knows.  Maybe for once we will have a healthy qb for a whole season. 

No disagreement here.  I was just comparing the apple that was ASU's situation to the orange that was AU's situation in 2016.

2 hours ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Have any of our existing O commits flipped yet?

The only shaky one is Gatewood, our 2018 QB committ.  Was very close to Lashlee.  UGA offered him the day Lashlee went to UCONN

9 hours ago, jared52 said:

Safe, decent hire. But Gus will still need a realtor. 

A realtor to move all of his championship trophies to his new 5500 Sqft. home in Auburn. 

3 hours ago, FoundationEagle said:

If we get four QB's hurt this season we definitely need to hire a  new OL coach. 

Didn't know much about him originally, the more I learn, the more he is growing on me. If Gus actually gets out of the way it might just work. If we go into the last week of fall camp trying to decide who the starting QB is, or I see one double play action fake on third and 35 I'm out.

Archived