The terrorist have won

AUUSN

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, metafour said:

The CATO Institute may want to settle on where Librya is actually located.

It was a typo.  The second graphic should have said Egypt.  The point still remains.  Trump is grandstanding on something that is going to have zero impact on our safety and his supporters are swallowing it hook, line and sinker.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

It was a typo.  The second graphic should have said Egypt.  The point still remains.  Trump is grandstanding on something that is going to have zero impact on our safety and his supporters are swallowing it hook, line and sinker.

Which begs the question, was this a distraction to keep focus off his security council shakeup?

Just now, GiveEmElle said:

Which begs the question, was this a distraction to keep focus off his security council shakeup?

I don't think they're quite that clever. The leaks coming out point to chaos. 

44 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Polls schmolls.....is that the same poll that gave Trump a 15% or less chance of winning the general election?

http://m.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/immigration/january_2017/most_support_temporary_ban_on_newcomers_from_terrorist_havens

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 57% of Likely U.S. Voters favor a temporary ban on refugees from Syria, Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen until the federal government approves its ability to screen out potential terrorists from coming here. Thirty-three percent (33%) are opposed, while 10% are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.) 

12 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

So I'm going to trust the statistics from the people who can't even make a simple graphic without an obvious error?

I'll blow that entire "study" out of the water right now for you: it quite obviously excludes people from those countries who are American citizens.  Just because you are born in America; it does not exclude you from being a threat to the American people.  The San Bernardino attacker was a radical Pakistani and born in America; I'm positive that under this study he would not qualify as a "Pakistani citizen" and would therefore be excluded even though he was quite clearly a radical Islamist terrorist.  Do you see the fallacy here?  You just said that Trump is grandstanding something that has "zero impact" on safety when just a few months ago a radical Somali student tried to execute an attack at Ohio State, but I guess since he didn't actually manage to kill somebody, it doesn't matter, right? Its like it didn't happen at all? Is this where the Left is at in 2017? If I plant a bomb and it goes off but just maims and disfigures 20 people, but no one dies, I get to count as a "zero" LOL?

How many people from those countries have killed in Europe? I can almost assure you it isn't zero.  Why does this matter? Because the West is the West, regardless of whether it is Sweden or America or Germany.  The notion that NO ONE from Syria, Somalia, Libya, etc. has EVER been a threat to American citizens is the most asinine thing I've ever heard.

4 minutes ago, metafour said:

So I'm going to trust the statistics from the people who can't even make a simple graphic without an obvious error?

Yes, because you're smarter than someone who would dismiss verifiable statistics over a technicality.  

I'll blow that entire "study" out of the water right now for you: it quite obviously excludes people from those countries who are American citizens.  Just because you are born in America; it does not exclude you from being a threat to the American people.  The San Bernardino attacker was a radical Pakistani and born in America; I'm positive that under this study he would not qualify as a "Pakistani citizen" and would therefore be excluded even though he was quite clearly a radical Islamist terrorist.  Do you see the fallacy here?  You just said that Trump is grandstanding something that has "zero impact" on safety when just a few months ago a radical Somali student tried to execute an attack at Ohio State, but I guess since he didn't actually manage to kill somebody, it doesn't matter, right? Its like it didn't happen at all? Is this where the Left is at in 2017? If I plant a bomb and it goes off but just maims and disfigures 20 people, but no one dies, I get to count as a "zero" LOL?

Try again.  The study addressed those as well.:

Third, 92 of the 580 convictions (16 percent) were for U.S. born citizens.  No change in immigration law, visa limitations, or more rigorous security checks would have stopped them. 

It helps to actually read the study.

24 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

We should just ignore the # of Americans killed by Iran OUTSIDE the USA though, right?  #FakeStats 

13 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

I don't think they're quite that clever. The leaks coming out point to chaos. 

Trump without a doubt isn't. Bannon is the one controlling Trump according to some.

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Try again.  The study addressed those as well.:

Third, 92 of the 580 convictions (16 percent) were for U.S. born citizens.  No change in immigration law, visa limitations, or more rigorous security checks would have stopped them. 

It helps to actually read the study.

Syrian radicals posing as refugees have gone into Europe and raped, and killed.  The fact that "0" Syrian citizens have killed on US soil should not at all make you feel any safer.  Are you kidding me? If these people can go into Germany and kill, there is literally nothing preventing them from doing the same in America.  That graphic is nothing more than Leftist propaganda which seems oblivious to the fact that even Obama saw threat from those nations.  

3 minutes ago, metafour said:

Syrian radicals posing as refugees have gone into Europe and raped, and killed.  The fact that "0" Syrian citizens have killed on US soil should not at all make you feel any safer.  Are you kidding me? If these people can go into Germany and kill, there is literally nothing preventing them from doing the same in America.  That graphic is nothing more than Leftist propaganda which seems oblivious to the fact that even Obama saw threat from those nations.  

Totally different vetting procedures and timeframes.

8 minutes ago, metafour said:

Germany was very loose. Mistake.

US process is complex:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/30/politics/trump-immigration-ban-refugees-trnd/index.html

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Germany was very loose. Mistake.

US process is complex:

You are told that the process is complex.  Ask Angela Merkel and I'd bet you any amount of money that she'd say that Germany's vetting process was also very complex.  The German people were under the impression that these people weren't a threat either; never forget this.

21 minutes ago, metafour said:

First of all, refugees cannot just walk into the US the way they can Europe.

Second, they just showed up on their doorstep with zero vetting.  We have a thorough vetting process that takes place on top of the UN vetting that's happening that takes 18 months to three years before they even set foot on American soil.

Third, if you think the Cato Institute is "leftist propaganda," you should probably stick to football.  Politics and foreign policy isn't your thing.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Third, if you think the Cato Institute is "leftist propaganda," you should probably stick to football.

They are using their hand-picked statistics to tell you a leftist narrative.

Notice the first line in the Tweet ("Still feel safer?").  You are supposed to see those zero's and then come to the conclusion that no threat comes from those seven nations.  Yes guys, there is absolutely no threat coming from Syria, Somalia, Libya, etc.  None.  These are all fun loving people who love Seinfeld, American hot dogs, and apple pie.

6 minutes ago, metafour said:

You are told that the process is complex.  Ask Angela Merkel and I'd bet you any amount of money that she'd say that Germany's vetting process was also very complex.  The German people were under the impression that these people weren't a threat either; never forget this.

That says nothing. We know the German process didn't take 18-24 months.  

Just now, metafour said:

Notice the first line in the Tweet ("Still feel safer?").  You are supposed to see those zero's and then come to the conclusion that no threat comes from those seven nations.  Yes guys, there is absolutely no threat coming from Syria, Somalia, Libya, etc.  None.  These are all fun loving people who love Seinfeld, American hot dogs, and apple pie.

You would skewer you're own logic if it was applied to football.

Just now, metafour said:

Seriously, just stop.  Thinktanks don't get much more conservative than Cato Institute.

These kinds of posts are Exhibit A for why we separated the political forums into serious and non-serious.  Yours is definitely of the latter variety.

Seriously, just stop.  Thinktanks don't get much more conservative than Cato Institute.

I'm talking about the people who take these statistics and then create their own narrative, like Russ Mitchell.

Just now, metafour said:

I'm talking about the people who take these statistics and then create their own narrative, like Russ Mitchell.

Read the Cato article that he linked to.  He isn't twisting their words.

Read the Cato article that he linked to.  He isn't twisting their words.

Still feel safer? OSU attacker was Somali.  Spin that one.

Tomorrow, President Trump is expected to sign an executive order enacting a 30-day suspension of all visas for nationals from Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen.  Foreigners from those seven nations have killed zero Americans in terrorist attacks on U.S. soil between 1975 and the end of 2015.  Six Iranians, six Sudanese, two Somalis, two Iraqis, and one Yemini have been convicted of attempting or carrying out terrorist attacks on U.S. soil. Zero Libyans or Syrians have been convicted of planning a terrorist attack on U.S. soil during that time period.

Again, the study addresses this stuff.  Still zero Americans killed even counting him.

It's a load of hot air passed off as something important and effective and you're falling for it.  Meanwhile, two countries whose citizens have killed tons of Americans aren't on the ban list.

But you keep right on feeling safer.

Meanwhile, two countries whose citizens have killed tons of Americans aren't on the ban list.

But you keep right on feeling safer.

I don't.

The US government has long been arming and enabling terrorist groups for monetary geopolitical gain who have gone on to create terror against Western society.  I'd personally tell the Saudi's to **** off as well.

Archived