The terrorist have won

AUUSN

5 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Then it sure is surprising that the ACLU, a number of attorneys and senators on both sides of the aisles are saying different. 

Of course, thats what attorneys do. Hell, attorneys from the DOJ were recently reprimanded for lying and unethical conduct in relation to Obama's push for amnesty. In the end they'll lose..WATCH!

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, metafour said:

Why do you keep pushing this? You clearly possess zero political insight.  Those countries have long been in business with the American government, long before Trump was even a presidential nominee, thus your attempt to put Saudi Arabia's (for instance) omission from the list as some sort of Trump "business ploy" is completely oblivious to the fact that the previous government was knees-deep in Saudi Arabian money (hence why they didn't make OBAMA's list and why Hillary was swimming in donation money from the Saudi's).  You're in Syria right now to push a Qatar/Saudi oil pipeline sunshine, and it wasn't Trump who sent you there.

I find it Intersting that Trump's EO mentioned 9/11 three times as a reason for this ban yet the countries the hijackers of 9/11 were from are not on his list. In fact, none of the countries responsible for American deaths are on the list. The countries on the list have not caused American deaths. Why is that? 

6 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

I find it Intersting that Trump's EO mentioned 9/11 three times as a reason for this ban yet the countries the hijackers of 9/11 were from are not on his list. In fact, none of the countries responsible for American deaths are on the list. The countries on the list have not caused American deaths. Why is that? 

Trump is a New Yorker and is connected to 9/11 on a deep level like most NY'ers I know and  isn't interested in seeing a repeat performance. Really you should give up on this. You're looking more and more like the irrational political zealot you reflexively accuse others of being. Your "interests" are transparently ideological in nature. Or, are you suggesting he didn't go far enough?

Just now, GiveEmElle said:

The countries on the list haven't caused American terror? The Ohio State terrorist was Somalian, sorry, but the fact that he didn't officially kill anyone is irrelevant.  He targeted American lives on American soil in the name of Islam.

Yes Elle, no one from any of those seven countries have EVER targeted or killed a single American.  No one.

3 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Sure.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/mar/2/nato-commander-says-isis-spreading-cancer-among-sy/

Supreme Allied Commander Europe of NATO Allied Command Operations, General Philip Breedlove, says ISIS is using the Syrian refugee crisis to ‘mask the movement’ of terrorists infiltrating Europe and the United States. While testifying to the Senate armed services community, the four star general said the Islamic State was ‘spreading like cancer’ amongst the flow of migrants from the Middle East. The group’s members are “taking advantage of paths of least resistance, threatening European nations and our own”, he added, reported The Guardian

6 minutes ago, TheBlueVue said:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/mar/2/nato-commander-says-isis-spreading-cancer-among-sy/

Supreme Allied Commander Europe of NATO Allied Command Operations, General Philip Breedlove, says ISIS is using the Syrian refugee crisis to ‘mask the movement’ of terrorists infiltrating Europe and the United States. While testifying to the Senate armed services community, the four star general said the Islamic State was ‘spreading like cancer’ amongst the flow of migrants from the Middle East. The group’s members are “taking advantage of paths of least resistance, threatening European nations and our own”, he added, reported The Guardian

From the Guardian article:

Only 2,647 Syrian refugees have resettled in the United States since 2011, after passing through an arduous vetting and resettlement program. From 1 October 2001 to this month, the US accepted 806,900 refugees via the resettlement program; only five have been arrested on terrorism charges, according to the State Department and the Migration Policy Institute.

I'd say our process has proven pretty effective. 

7 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

From the Guardian article:

I'd say our process has proven pretty effective. 

Trump has every right to do what he did. Evidently, he's not as convinced as you are and, since he's ultimately the responsible party, he issued a 60 day moratorium to review that process and make his admin is satisfied with it. I really don't see what the basis for all the heartburn is. Its a 60 day moratorium for crying out loud. If nothing else, it signals to me he takes his responsibilities relating to the public's safety very seriously

27 minutes ago, TheBlueVue said:

Weren't refugees already being extensively vetted? 

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/01/i-went-through-americas-extreme-vetting-214703

There are people in need coming from Syria. We are vetting them. 

16 minutes ago, TheBlueVue said:

Trump has every right to do what he did. Evidently, he's not as convinced as you are and, since he's ultimately the responsible party, he issued a 60 day moratorium to review that process and make his admin is satisfied with it. I really don't see what the basis for all the heartburn is. Its a 60 day moratorium for crying out loud. If nothing else, it signals to me he takes his responsibilities relating to the public's safety very seriously

That's not really a response to my post, but whatever. 

This is inartful political theater. Nothing more. 

26 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

I'd hardly call a federal judge ruling against an EO by the president a non event. The reason it is being referred to as a Muslim Ban is because those are the words Trump himself used and campaigned on. Rudy Gulliani told Fox News that he was asked by Trump to come up with a legal Muslim Ban. I really have to wonder if those of you here on the right even listen to the words of the man you so vehemently champion. Muslim Ban isn't something the left made up, it is a campaign promise that Trump made. So the only mischaracterization and outright lies are from Trump and his team. And from you.  My posting an opinion in a political forum that disagrees with your views is hardly a meltdown or hysteria. Nice try to insult me with the Madonna comment, but that was another mischaracterization on your part. I'm not a fan, nor do I think her comments at the Women's March were appropriate. 

It is being referred to as a Muslim ban because you think you can gain political points and control the narrative....just like the rest of the media ass clowns dutifully reporting the same lie.  

What it is in fact is something very different....surely by now you've read the actual text of the order....debate the merits of what it actually is...not some fairy tell liberal wet dream version of what you wish it was he'd done....I get it you don't like the guy...but that doesn't give you licence to make up s*** and try to pass it off as fact.  

If you have a persuasive argument then you should win on the merits, right?....why is it a bad idea to restrict people, temporarily, coming from failed nation states?  why are these the wrong 7 countries? what would have been a better way to do it? do you believe in open borders, period, and thus no restriction will ever pass your muster?  do you think this is unconstitutional based on some new reading of the constitution that wasn't apparent when 6 other presidents have done the same thing over the last 40 years?  you just don't like it because Trump did it (at least that would be honest).

Try something genuine....of your own making...but I suspect you don't want to because then you'd have to abandon the only talking point that you and the rest of the dutiful liberal apparatchiks have been given....willing to engage any time on the merits of a discussion....this whole thing reminds me of the Brawndo exchange...." a muslim ban is what Trump craves...."

5 minutes ago, japantiger said:

It is being referred to as a Muslim ban because you think you can gain political points and control the narrative....just like the rest of the media ass clowns dutifully reporting the same lie.  

What it is in fact is something very different....surely by now you've read the actual text of the order....debate the merits of what it actually is...not some fairy tell liberal wet dream version of what you wish it was he'd done....I get it you don't like the guy...but that doesn't give you licence to make up s*** and try to pass it off as fact.  

If you have a persuasive argument then you should win on the merits, right?....why is it a bad idea to restrict people, temporarily, coming from failed nation states?  why are these the wrong 7 countries? what would have been a better way to do it? do you believe in open borders, period, and thus no restriction will ever pass your muster?  do you think this is unconstitutional based on some new reading of the constitution that wasn't apparent when 6 other presidents have done the same thing over the last 40 years?  you just don't like it because Trump did it (at least that would be honest).

Try something genuine....of your own making...but I suspect you don't want to because then you'd have to abandon the only talking point that you and the rest of the dutiful liberal apparatchiks have been given....willing to engage any time on the merits of a discussion....this whole thing reminds me of the Brawndo exchange...." a muslim ban is what Trump craves...."

What reason would I have to garner political points? And control the narrative? I am participating in a forum discussion on political issues, not running a campaign. To think it's more than that is absolutely insane. 

And no, I don't think it is always a bad idea to restrict those coming into our country. But I do think Trump's EO was not well planned or thought out. And I wasn't aware that John McCain, who also has spoke out against this EO, was having liberal wet dreams with those of us who disagree. 

I do have to wonder though, if you truly think I'm not genuine, stupid, or whatever other insult you've chosen to hurl at me in this exchange, why persist in engaging me? Does it make you feel like more of a man to insult people from behind a keyboard? 

Temporary bans on people from foreign countries is nothing new to the US. The last two administrations did so as well. The difference? Messaging. Trump doesn't give a damn about how something comes across, which is ignorant on its face. Wars have been started over less.

Let's see how long these bans actually last and if anything is actually improved over the next 90 days.

12 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

Leftist sheeple are pathetic. 

Their heartburn has been glorious. This is their response to what will be a 90 day program wherein 109 of 325,000 weekend travelers being temporarily detained but eventually processed through? That is .0003 of the total. You'd think, based on their reactions, that ALL 325,000 were shipped off to prison camps. Boy that cried wolf immediately springs to mind.

1 hour ago, TheBlueVue said:

Trump is a New Yorker and is connected to 9/11 on a deep level like most NY'ers I know and  isn't interested in seeing a repeat performance. Really you should give up on this. You're looking more and more like the irrational political zealot you reflexively accuse others of being. Your "interests" are transparently ideological in nature. Or, are you suggesting he didn't go far enough?

Oh yes, Trump is connected on a deep level to 9/11. He pointed out that since the towers collapsed his building 40 Wall Street was now the tallest building. You can call me an irrational political zealot if it makes you feel better. There are only a few people here whose opinions of me matter. You aren't one of them. 

17 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Oh yes, Trump is connected on a deep level to 9/11. He pointed out that since the towers collapsed his building 40 Wall Street was now the tallest building. You can call me an irrational political zealot if it makes you feel better. There are only a few people here whose opinions of me matter. You aren't one of them. 

You seem to be more than just a little angry. That's too bad especially over a policy that has put Americans safety ahead of politics which you, presumably, are unwilling to set aside. Its not surprising but, you really should just admit the genesis of your heartburn is your hatred for DJT..it would be cathartic for you.

19 minutes ago, TheBlueVue said:

You seem to be more than just a little angry. That's too bad especially over a policy that has put Americans safety ahead of politics which you, presumably, are unwilling to set aside. Its not surprising but, you really should just admit the genesis of your heartburn is your hatred for DJT..it would be cathartic for you.

Keep telling yourself that I'm angry or whatever. Meanwhile thousands of people are marching through airports protesting this same issue. Republican Senators are calling Trump out for this. Human rights groups are doing the same. Southern Baptist leaders are speaking out against this. Even conservative bloggers think this order is stupid. Military servicemen are speaking out against it. I'm not a lone wolf. And I'm also not one of the mindless sheep. 

Just now, GiveEmElle said:

Keep telling yourself that I'm angry or whatever. Meanwhile thousands of people are marching through airports protesting this same issue. Republican Senators are calling Trump out for this. Human rights groups are doing the same. Southern Baptist leaders are speaking out against this. Even conservative bloggers think this order is stupid. Military servicemen are speaking out against it. I'm not a lone wolf. And I'm also not one of the mindless sheep. 

57% of the American people favor what Trump is doing. Just because there are literally throngs of liberal slacktivists who don't have ANYTHING better to do than protest really doesn't mean a  lot.

5 minutes ago, TheBlueVue said:

57% of the American people favor what Trump is doing. Just because there are literally throngs of liberal slacktivists who don't have ANYTHING better to do than protest really doesn't mean a  lot.

51% disapprove of the job Trump is doing. 

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/fortune/2017/01/29/donald-trump-approval-rating-gallup/%3Fsource%3Ddam

7 minutes ago, TheBlueVue said:

Yes, Southern Baptists and the military...noted bastions of liberalism.

Post more tweets and documents from uninformed entertainers ,  PC sycophants or pandering politicians. That's almost working at changing my mind. :roflol:

It's not a ban on Muslims, it IS constitutional, and it's exactly what Trump ran on, what he SAID he'd do, and now he's doing it. 

Reject it for how it was done, for the speed in which it was carried out, I don't care. If you have a LEGITIMATE gripe, share it. Ashton Kutcher and crying Senators only make me more in support of this TEMPORARY matter. 

Everybody knows that Nike is the bastion of human rights advocacy.  I'm really glad that such a progressive, human rights focused company has chimed in on this ordeal.

Archived