1 minute ago, lala said:

Yet coordinator has about 30 yrs more experience

Even more so a reason not to fire him like you said

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Even more so a reason not to fire him like you said

Cole, my apologies as I forgot you are always correct.  He is a super offensive coach and that is why he is looking for his 3rd job in 3 years.    

3 hours ago, triangletiger said:

I think Dameyune would be well-advised to do what Rhett Lashlee did:  take an OC position at a non-power 5 school and prove himself.  Short of doing that, I'm not sure he'll get a shot as an OC at an SEC program.  Like it or not, his reputation is as a great recruiter, not as a great offensive mind.  He may be a great offensive coach, but until he can prove it, nobody is willing to take a chance on him.

While I do think DCraig should take an OC position at a non-power 5 school to prove himself; using Rhett as an example is a poor one.  Rhett coached for one season at UAB under someone other than Gus before Gus took him under his wing again. I really don't think Rhett has earned a whole lot in coaching outside of being under Gus' blanket.

wde

21 minutes ago, lala said:

Cole, my apologies as I forgot you are always correct.  He is a super offensive coach and that is why he is looking for his 3rd job in 3 years.    

Oh my bad I had a different opinion than you using your own logic and you became sensitive. My mistake for quoting you.....oh wait you quoted me but didn't want my opinion, I forgot. And third job in three years? Sound good but is it true?

11 minutes ago, lala said:

He left Auburn because of Gus and how Gus runs practices, and had no interest in anyone else's opinion that did not agree with him.  This annoyed a bunch of the PTB and Gus' little parting jab added more fuel.  Now Gus is not running his offense. Receivers will never get better without mad reps,  forcing them to be good blockers over developing them to be effective wrs is stupid.  DC went to LSU to work under an experienced coach, he got fired and a new coach and OC was added, it was not the right fit as  the OC also replaced the RB coach.  Logic is all that needs to be applied.  And on a side note I think that every PTB would welcome him back in a heartbeat.

25 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Oh my bad I had a different opinion than you using your own logic and you became sensitive. My mistake for quoting you.....oh wait you quoted me but didn't want my opinion, I forgot

Comparing our coordinator to DC is apples and oranges.   You were not using my logic.    Quite the contrary, just replying to your original post with common sense. I've never had a problem with another opinion as last night as it wasn't vindictive.  

20 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Oh my bad I had a different opinion than you using your own logic and you became sensitive. My mistake for quoting you.....oh wait you quoted me but didn't want my opinion, I forgot. And third job in three years? Sound good but is it true?

No it isn't true.  He will actually be in his 3rd job in 2 years not 3...

13 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

He left Auburn because of Gus and how Gus runs practices, and had no interest in anyone else's opinion that did not agree with him.  This annoyed a bunch of the PTB and Gus' little parting jab added more fuel.  Now Gus is not running his offense. Receivers will never get better without mad reps,  forcing them to be good blockers over developing them to be effective wrs is stupid.  DC went to LSU to work under an experienced coach, he got fired and a new coach and OC was added, it was not the right fit as  the OC also replaced the RB coach.  Logic is all that needs to be applied.  And on a side note I think that every PTB would welcome him back in a heartbeat.

I think he is a super recruiter, and the WR coach is supposed be a super recruiter.   I would have no problem with him being a WR coach for us again either as long as he was a team player.   

27 minutes ago, corchjay said:

No it isn't true.  He will actually be in his 3rd job in 2 years not 3...

Ol fake corch just in time to save the day!

38 minutes ago, lala said:

Comparing our coordinator to DC is apples and oranges.   You were not using my logic.    Quite the contrary, just replying to your original post with common sense. I've never had a problem with another opinion as last night as it wasn't vindictive.  

How is it apples to oranges? You said a good teacher and recruiter wouldn't get fired, I pointed out our DC has gotten fired a couple of times to show the flaw in it. And you say you don't have a problem with an opinion but when I offer one you do the oh I forgot you're always right bull.....But that's not vindictive?

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

How is it apples to oranges? You said a good teacher and recruiter wouldn't get fired, I pointed out our DC has gotten fired a couple of times to show the flaw in it. And you say you don't have a problem with an opinion but when I offer one you do the oh I forgot you're always right bull.....But that's not vindictive?

He is not coordinator.  DC's title was for resume only as he did not perform coordinator duties.   

23 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Ol fake corch just in time to save the day!

fake?  what is fake...

Glad to see you woke up in your moms basement.  Still got the Craig poster on your basement wall?  

Archived