Dameyune Craig fired

TitanTiger

53 minutes ago, imaolgatiger said:

I like DC and think that he is a great recruiter, but our receivers looked terrible under his coaching. I wish him the best, but he didn't have to take a shot at Gus or Auburn as he left. This firing gives me comfort that the issue wasn't just Gus, as some have claimed. There also seems to be some reasons that he has never really been a QB coach or stayed at one school for very long. 

I hope that he doesn't go to the turds because my opinion of him would change even more. However, their recruiting is already about as good as it gets and their receivers may suck.

I could be wrong, but I think our wide receivers are about to improve dramatically. Being in an offense where they regularly get to do their job in game situations will lead to a significant  improvement in their performance. 

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tiger said:

everyone runs the same WR catching drills. There are no "secret drills"

This actually is not true.  When Texas was having trouble with drops, back in the early 2000's, I believe, they made their receivers work with a tennis serving machine and catch 100 tennis balls a day. That's not a standard catching drill, but it worked.

You are, however, correct that Kodi has not proven himself as a commodity, so he would not be hired by most Power 5 teams.  Craig, on the other hand, has falling stock since the fact that teams aren't fighting to keep someone as good as he is on the trail raises a big red flag.

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Posts like that makes me laugh after we lose and everybody start the fire every coach post because the other players were bigger, tougher, ready to play, etc......no they were just better players to begin with.....I'm telling you we as a school love throwing a two or three star out there so he can be a favorite and an "Auburn" man.....then when reality sets everybody wants to get mad at the coach Smh

^^THIS^^

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

I could be wrong, but I think our wide receivers are about to improve dramatically. Being in an offense where they regularly get to do their job in game situations will lead to a significant  improvement in their performance. 

I think people will give Kodi more credit for this rather than crediting our offensive style being altered, sheer natural WR talent being upgraded, and an improvement in QB play as being chief reasons for the increase in statistical production. That is not to say he should get NO credit but there are a ton of things working in Kodi's favor moving forward.

4 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

This actually is not true.  When Texas was having trouble with drops, back in the early 2000's, I believe, they made their receivers work with a tennis serving machine and catch 100 tennis balls a day. That's not a standard catching drill, but it worked.

You are, however, correct that Kodi has not proven himself as a commodity, so he would not be hired by most Power 5 teams.  Craig, on the other hand, has falling stock since the fact that teams aren't fighting to keep someone as good as he is on the trail raises a big red flag.

What I'm saying is that there is no new drills under the sun. Trooper Taylor also had our guys catching tennis balls and some people on here were upset about WR coaching under his watch as well. We have a lot of things changing in the offense that should bolster our WR production even if Craig was coaching them JMO though.

4 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Ummm... do I need to say anything other than the highlight?

Of course not.

They're unabashed turds, and they have have terrible opinions on pop culture as well.

WDE!

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

What I'm saying is that there is no new drills under the sun. Trooper Taylor also had our guys catching tennis balls and some people on here were upset about WR coaching under his watch as well. We have a lot of things changing in the offense that should bolster our WR production even if Craig was coaching them JMO though.

I have no problem believing that part of Craig's problem as a receiver's coach is that he's never had a real passing attack to work with. That being said, it's a lot easier to teach a position when you've played the position. 

51 minutes ago, GordoAU said:

I'd rather have Burns any day of the week over Craig. Yall are crazy to rather have DC. He was a terrible receiver coach the WRs look much better under Burns. A good recruiter doesn't mean a good coach. 

Burns is a waste of a paycheck.  We were and still are a laughing stock for hiring him.

36 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

You should have seen the improvement in the Hawaii WR's catching ability after Mr. Miagi stopped by for a week and trained them on how to catch houseflies with chopsticks.

2 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

You should have seen the improvement in the Hawaii WR's catching ability after Mr. Miagi stopped by for a week and trained them on how to catch houseflies with chopsticks.

Not sure to what I owe the sarcastic response but, hey, thanks for playing!

2 hours ago, ScubaSteve said:

Oh great and Bama is in need of a WR coach.

Yeah, if he goes there they might finish #1 in recruiting or something. Oh, wait.....

That's the place he can do us the least harm. UAT is going to get/buy almost everybody they want anyway, and if he gets their receivers to drop as many passes as ours dropped while he was coaching here, we'll benefit from him being at Tuskaloser.

So if he gets hired by UAt as an offensive analyst (like Little Nicky loves to do).  Then:

1) Is the buyout still in effect?

2) Can he recruit from this position?

1 minute ago, lkeel75 said:

So if he gets hired by UAt as an offensive assistant (like Little Nicky loves to do).  Then:

1) Is the buyout still in effect?

2) Can he recruit from this position?

Do you mean an analyst?  If so, probably yes and no... most buyout clauses require you to take a similar level position to be nullified. 

If he is hired to fill the wide receiver coach opening, then no and yes.

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

Do you mean an analyst?  If so, probably yes and no... most buyout clauses require you to take a similar level position to be nullified. 

If he is hired to fill the wide receiver coach opening, then no and yes.

Yes I meant analyst.  Fixed in OP.  Can analyst have contact with recruits?

1 hour ago, GordoAU said:

I'd rather have Burns any day of the week over Craig. Yall are crazy to rather have DC. He was a terrible receiver coach the WRs look much better under Burns. A good recruiter doesn't mean a good coach. 

I'd take both and tell CDC to recruit like crazy for us while you coach TEs. 

But as others have said, it is no secret that CDC left on bad terms with Gus and would not work for him again. So that is not going to happen unless something changes.  

1 minute ago, lkeel75 said:

Yes I meant analyst.  Fixed in OP.  Can analyst have contact with recruits?

I don't believe so... at least not above board (this is bama after all).

@ellitor can probably verify or correct me if I'm wrong.

33 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Yeah, if he goes there they might finish #1 in recruiting or something. Oh, wait.....

That's the place he can do us the least harm. UAT is going to get/buy almost everybody they want anyway, and if he gets their receivers to drop as many passes as ours dropped while he was coaching here, we'll benefit from him being at Tuskaloser.

This.  Other than a D2 school.

I need the don't even care gif.  I've been done with DC once he left this last time.  If he goes to bammer he is no different then Willis in my opinion.  Good luck to him but I won't give him a second thought now or ever.  Hopefully the rest of the Auburn Faithful do the same.  And how's he gonna hurt us at bama.  What sign another #1 recruiting class?  

Just like players I'd rather have coaches that want to be here.

3 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I know it's million dollar bid'ness, but Orgeron just revealed a little more of what he's about in my opinion.  Dang that's brutal, I assume he was at least doing some recruiting through yesterday.  As I recall, that's always been Craig's calling card, right?  Mobile got less important now that the crazy cajun is in charge.

Old Ed is going to be in for a rude awakening come 2017. I do not see the corndogs winning more than 8 games. Coach "O" has more BS than any coach in the SEC. I like the guy ok, but I just do not think he is going to pan out to be a great coach for Lsu. They will be trying to get Les back asap.

Craig going to Georgia would hurt us in recruiting way more than he ever could at alabama. Bama is going to get number 1 classes from here till saban calls it quits. I do not think kirby is going to keep this up where a top 3 class is the norm. Getting a ace recruiter like Craig though would certainly help him in that regard though. I would be sick if he went to Georgia thats where we got eaten alive this year in recruiting and would get even worse if he went there.

I agree GWill the state of Georgia recruiting needs to be a huge priority for our staff.  We need to be grabbing 5 of the top 20 from there... we got 1 this year and he was #18

Archived