Jacobs Hired Another Search Firm

PowerOfDixieland

On 2/6/2017 at 7:44 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

And if we are talking football, AU should be distancing it self from the LSU's, uga's, UF's, UT's, UM's & A&M's. But its not. And the reason is self inflicted. All you have to go look at was the recent OC search. It was a absolute cluster. By Gus & Jay. And has made their relationship even more toxic. 

Another huge problem the football program has right now in regards to recruiting is the abolishment of the Tigerette's / Tiger Host's. All because the compliance department didn't want to do a little extra work. Those thousands of hours of  VOLUNTEER work those kids did is sorely missed. Having the compliance department try and go do job has been a huge mistake. And is costing AU a huge sum of money, for no reason. 

I could go on but you get the point.  

I hate like hell hearing that Jay & Gus have a toxic relationship, can't bode well for Gus.

And to the Tigerette's/Hosts, sounds like AU Compliance can be just as paranoid as Gus.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

HIring of a Head Coach will usually result in a search firm being hired by the university, extremely rare for an assistant coach hire to have a search firm hired

Folks in high paying positions are feeling some heat and trying to cover their asses. JMHO

4 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

That's not Jacobs or even Auburn AD... That's college.  Colleges and universities are programmed to hire a search firm every time they have a major vacancy.  My wife works for a tiny college and they literally spend more money on search firms than they do on the salaries of most of their administrative staff.  Every time someone in any level of management leaves, they hire a search firm. At one point they had so many search firms working for them that they didn't have enough staff to be on each search committee.

Yeah....

Saban:  "We just lost our 5th offensive coordinator in ten years."

Battle:  "That's ridiculous Nick, we need to get stability at such a key position.  You're about to hire your third OC in less than a month?!!"

Saban:  "Just can't figure out what's going on, or how to stop the revolving door there."

Battle:  "I'm going to contact a search firm to give you a hand, maybe there's something you're just not aware of."

Saban:  "Bill, that's a great idea, so glad you're still here for another month to help out!"

2 hours ago, keesler said:

And to the Tigerette's/Hosts, sounds like AU Compliance can be just as paranoid as Gus.

This one is as much a sign of the times as anything else. Have a bunch of girls who's job it is to "host" athletes and there are plenty of activist groups who are going to scream prostitution (see Baylor, where that accusation has already been thrown around to the dismay of the girls who are part of their hosting organization). I'm not surprised that they are becoming a thing of the past.

1 minute ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Yeah....

Saban:  "We just lost our 5th offensive coordinator in ten years."

Battle:  "That's ridiculous Nick, we need to get stability at such a key position.  You're about to hire your third OC in less than a month?!!"

Saban:  "Just can't figure out what's going on, or how to stop the revolving door there."

Battle:  "I'm going to contact a search firm to give you a hand, maybe there's something you're just not aware of."

Saban:  "Bill, that's a great idea, so glad you're still here for another month to help out!"

Not sure the point you are trying to make...

Just now, lionheartkc said:

Not sure the point you are trying to make...

Why do you have this overwhelming compulsion to respond to every frickin' post?  More than once.  Sometimes it's better not to respond than...never mind.

27 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Why do you have this overwhelming compulsion to respond to every frickin' post?  More than once.  Sometimes it's better not to respond than...never mind.

He is one of the most active posters in this forum, and you quoted him.  You should have expected him to respond.

2 hours ago, keesler said:

I hate like hell hearing that Jay & Gus have a toxic relationship, can't bode well for Gus.

A toxic relationship can't bode well for him but it does shine a new light on Gus NOT being a yes man if he got who he wanted even if Lindsey was not on BOT's list.  While I do not care for his coaching style, I do respect the man for making decisions and standing by them.

47 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

This one is as much a sign of the times as anything else. Have a bunch of girls who's job it is to "host" athletes and there are plenty of activist groups who are going to scream prostitution (see Baylor, where that accusation has already been thrown around to the dismay of the girls who are part of their hosting organization). I'm not surprised that they are becoming a thing of the past.

Are other schools starting to phase this out as well? I, admittedly, hadn't heard that we had actually stopped utilizing hostesses until I saw it posted on the board.

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Are other schools starting to phase this out as well? I, admittedly, hadn't heard that we had actually stopped utilizing hostesses until I saw it posted on the board.

I haven't researched percentages, but I've heard of others going away.  The NCAA made it illegal in 2004 for them to be female only groups.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

I haven't researched percentages, but I've heard of others going away.

Gotcha. I'm wondering if the Baylor thing will scare everyone else out of using the hostesses. I wonder if the schools who did away with it have found recruiting visits to be less successful or not.

Just now, Tiger said:

Gotcha. I'm wondering if the Baylor thing will scare everyone else out of using the hostesses. I wonder if the schools who did away with it have found recruiting visits to be less successful or not.

From what I've read, a decent percentage only use them for campus tours, just because of the liability if anything were to happen during social events. I honestly don't see how they would be excessively useful without stepping outside of the bounds of good taste. It's not hard to give the players a solid impression of the available women on campus without a hostess program. It's not like these players aren't used to girls treating them like they are special.

JJ doesn't need to hire another Search Firm to find a new tight end coach. Rodney to coach TE's / ST's and Tracy to coach the DL.

On 2/4/2017 at 9:29 AM, bigbird said:

An AD should always have a list of replacements. It should be constantly updated and be ready to use.  JJ doesn't ever seem to have one or have the ability to generate one with out help.

So,

a standing search-committee

at the ready to provide the next needed search committee?

Your right, most AD's would already have a list of replacements that is updated and ready for the AD to look over. But remember, we're not talking most AD's, we are talking Jay Jacobs who doesn't have the ability to think ahead the way a good AD should.

Lionheart, you're right.  It's his bum on the line, so he does need to have the leeway to hire whom he wants, but I will counter with Lashlee and Burns (I'm not sold on the WR receiver improvement like you, but I will wait and see)...but your list outweighs mine mightily.

And the hire yesterday of Larry Porter speaks volumes.

So I'm gonna sit back and watch with hope that the scheit show that has been Auburn Football the last three years is on an upward swing.

On 2/6/2017 at 11:15 AM, lionheartkc said:

Why wouldn't you trust him?  He hired Steele, McGriff, Garner, Horton, Muschamp, T-Will... even his questionable hires haven't been awful... Hand ended up with one of the better rated O-Lines in the country and Kodi's receivers stayed even if not improved. The only not great hire Gus has made was Ellis Johnson, and he has apparently learned from it, based on Muschamp and Steele.

Archived