2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

So, Willis was Lindsey's recruit?

No. We got on & landed Willis 3 weeks before Lindsey was hired. I think Loof was talking about Willis's development since coming to AU in his reference.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'm pretty sure he was, but @ellitor can confirm or deny.

Well I tried to give you credit but you outed yourself. lol We landed Willis 3 weeks before Chip was hired by AU.

Just now, ellitor said:

Well I tried to give you credit but you outed yourself. lol We landed Willis 3 weeks before Chips was hired by AU.

Hahaha, thanks x2, sir. 

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

No. We got on & landed Willis 3 weeks before Lindsey was hired.

Either way. 

I want to see what the guy does with the offense more than anything else. The fact that he can recruit at least tells me that he knows how to connect with young players, and that's half the battle. 

54 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Just in terms of his ability to recruit? Or, the whole package?

I'll just say this.  ESPN ran a "summer preview" of Auburn last night. In it they showed Lindsey in the QB room talking to the guys about how they were going to get fundamentals down before getting into the playbook.  That sold me right there. Then they interviewed him and I continued to be impressed. I came away thinking that next year, we're going to see Auburn be Auburn, just at the level we saw in 2010.

Incidentally, they also interviewed Stidham, Kam, Kerryon, and Matthews. In every single one, I saw the swagger that I remember from 2010.  The guys are feeling it. That is never a bad thing.

25 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I came away thinking that next year, we're going to see Auburn be Auburn, just at the level we saw in 2010.

Incidentally, they also interviewed Stidham, Kam, Kerryon, and Matthews. In every single one, I saw the swagger that I remember from 2010.  

Some are going to scoff at that, but it would not be hard for this to be an overall better team than 2010. That team was very top-heavy on talent, while this team is much more complete. Not saying what's going to actually happen this season, but if the summer goes well, then I think this is a more talented team to start the season than that one was. 

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Some are going to scoff at that, but it would not be hard for this to be an overall better team than 2010. That team was very top-heavy on talent, while this team is much more complete. Not saying what's going to actually happen this season, but if the summer goes well, then I think this is a more talented team to start the season than that one was. 

It's interesting how people forget that 2010 wasn't like 2004, where we dominated almost everyone.  We did our level best to give a few away in 2010. They didn't call us the Cardiac Cats for nothing :).

Unless Hand just can't get the O-Line to gel, I see us putting up similar numbers to 2010 with the talent we have this year. Our receivers are better, overall, than 2010, we have a deeper stable of talent at running back, our #1 and #2 QBs are better passers... it's really going to come down to line play. Add a stifling D, and it could be a pretty thing to behold.

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

It's interesting how people forget that 2010 wasn't like 2004, where we dominated almost everyone.  We did our level best to give a few away in 2010. They didn't call us the Cardiac Cats for nothing :).

Unless Hand just can't get the O-Line to gel, I see us putting up similar numbers to 2010 with the talent we have this year. Our receivers are better, overall, than 2010, we have a deeper stable of talent at running back, our #1 and #2 QBs are better passers... it's really going to come down to line play. Add a stifling D, and it could be a pretty thing to behold.

With you. 

5 hours ago, Auburn 6 said:

Glad to hear this!  Always good to have you posting here.  What's your feeling about Gatewood sticking with us too?

Gatewood is very solid.  VERY.  I can't predict what these kids will do, but the only threat I would see to us losing Gatewood is after Fields commits Bama putting a full court press on JG.  JG is not a priority for bama atm.

31 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Gatewood is very solid.  VERY.  I can't predict what these kids will do, but the only threat I would see to us losing Gatewood is after Fields commits Bama putting a full court press on JG.  JG is not a priority for bama atm.

The trending theory I've seen is if we get Fields then Florida would be the team to try to make a major push for Joey.

I don't believe JG would go to UF.  They would make the ush, but Joey is VERY solid and the only team I see being able to get him to flip is Bama.

31 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

I don't believe JG would go to UF.  They would make the ush, but Joey is VERY solid and the only team I see being able to get him to flip is Bama.

This post was really awesome except the ending sucked. It's probably about 75% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes. 

37 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Something I will never understand is a player who is all in for Auburn being even a possibility to flip to the dark side. You'd think it would be like asking a vegetarian to eat a steak.

Alabama is the hot school for recruits.  Can't really argue about it.  We as die hard Auburn fans see it differently, but as a kid who has no real allegiance to a school the success Bama has had recently is hard to overlook.  Now for a kid like JAD and Asa MArtin I don't understand.

We have VERY VERY good chance to be set at qb for the next 5 years at least.  Fields then Bo.  Like I said I feel very confident saying we will land Fields. We already have 2 studs n the team in JS and MW.

A guy like fields coming on board will get you noticed . Absolutely a game changer and other skill guys and relievers want to play with this guy. Great fit culturally and skill set 

FWIW insiders at the other 3 contenders are just as confident in their team's chances of getting JF as 23 for us, particularly FSU. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

FWIW insiders at the other 3 contenders are just as confident in their team's chances of getting JF as 23 for us, particularly FSU. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

My only thing there is that 23 is a different kind of insider. He's not media-based, but directly tied to the A.D.

37 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

My only thing there is that 23 is a different kind of insider. He's not media-based, but directly tied to the A.D.

Even so, folks in the AD can never be 100% certain what a kid is going to do.  This is not to discount what 23 brings to the table (which is greatly appreciated!), but to point out how fluid recruiting can be.  Fields was 100% committed to Penn State....until he wasn't.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

The other 3 schools don't have Cam. 

4 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

Even so, folks in the AD can never be 100% certain what a kid is going to do.  This is not to discount what 23 brings to the table (which is greatly appreciated!), but to point out how fluid recruiting can be.  Fields was 100% committed to Penn State....until he wasn't.

This. Plus JF is on record saying he sees the FSU offense being the best fit for him personally.

2 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

The other 3 schools don't have Cam. 

He may not be the deciding factor. Whoever wins likely has to win over mom.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

He may not be the deciding factor. Whoever wins likely has to win over mom.

Moms LOVE Cam... dude knows how to pour on the charm. As for our coaches, the trick is to figure out which is the right coach to talk to mom... is she a Gus mom or a Garner mom?

7 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Moms LOVE Cam... dude knows how to pour on the charm. As for our coaches, the trick is to figure out which is the right coach to talk to mom... is she a Gus mom or a Garner mom?

Image result for chip lindsey auburn

Going to be this guy. 

Archived