2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

LSU? Not sure I understand this one. 

LSU has told some recruiting analysts that if they don't get Fields, they won't be taking any QBs this class.

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

uga? Don't see that. Kid would be making a huge mistake. 

It might be a huge mistake but that's where mom heavily wants him and they will be in it til she is more open to other schools.

2 hours ago, thaitopher said:

LSU has told some recruiting analysts that if they don't get Fields, they won't be taking any QBs this class.

LSU is not a factor no matter how much they want to be right now.

On campus now...

The 5-star quarterback from Harrison (Ga.) arrived for an unofficial visit to Auburn Tuesday, a source confirmed. He’ll leave later this evening. Fields de-committed from Penn State last week to re-open his recruitment to the likes of Florida, Georgia, Auburn and Florida State. He visited Georgia on Monday and made it to Auburn on Tuesday.

He will be in Bradenton, Fla., this weekend for a national 7-on-7 competition. That trip will likely coincide with a stop at Florida State and potentially Florida.

Auburn decided it needed to take two quarterbacks in the 2018 class on April 29, shortly after Tyler Queen announced his intent to transfer. Woody Barrett’s news hit soon after to amplify the necessity. On April 29, the Tigers finally offered Fields who — already committed to Penn State for months — had become a top priority for schools with zero committed quarterbacks like Florida State, Florida and Georgia.

Fields attended Auburn last fall for a game, but he hasn’t taken any publicly reported visits since.

He’s the No. 1 dual-threat quarterback in the nation and No. 3-ranked overall prospect nationally.

link

"We want you to be our next Cam Newton. Actually, we want you to be our first Justin Fields, but we'd like to show you some film of Auburn in 2010 and what Cam was able to accomplish and how this university went ape s**t. We think you possess the same type of talent that Cam was able to showcase here on the plains and we'd like for you to be our second Heisman winning quarterback since Cam (Stidham 2017). Our program has proven to excel when we have a superstar at quarterback and that's exactly what we project you to be, Justin. Welcome to Auburn and War Damn Eagle!"

Well, phase on of Fields" recruitment since he decommitted from Penn St. is official, they got him on campus. Hopefully, they can make him wish he never had to leave.

1 hour ago, milehighfan said:

Well, phase on of Fields" recruitment since he decommitted from Penn St. is official, they got him on campus. Hopefully, they can make him wish he never had to leave.

Amen

I think the success of this year on the field will have a lot to do with the success in recruiting.  A 10 win plus season amd we are back in the top 6-7 in recruiting and we get maybe ASA and Fields and a few more big fish.

2 hours ago, lost said:

I think the success of this year on the field will have a lot to do with the success in recruiting.  A 10 win plus season amd we are back in the top 6-7 in recruiting and we get maybe ASA and Fields and a few more big fish.

Isn't Fields deciding before the season?

8 hours ago, toddc said:

Isn't Fields deciding before the season?

He may verbal,  but signing is not till February (December)  .  So i was trying to say that i believe that in the final tally that the way this season plays out will determine whether we get these guys or not.  And i guess my point was about the whole class more than Justin----  probably caused some confusion.   With all the negative recruiting going on against Auburn it will be tough to get Justin but i believe we can get him to verbal.

8 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Sorry ben very busy lately.  I am very confident in saying this.  Fields to AU

Always like seeing you back around 23, hope all is well!

8 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Glad to hear this!  Always good to have you posting here.  What's your feeling about Gatewood sticking with us too?

9 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

I'll take what someone on the bunker put......... Chip Lindsey is passing the eye test. 

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I'll take what someone on the bunker put......... Chip Lindsey is passing the eye test. 

Just in terms of his ability to recruit? Or, the whole package?

10 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

thanks for the update. good to see your name popping up again.

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Just in terms of his ability to recruit? Or, the whole package?

Malik Willis might end up being the answer to that second question. 

Stid and Sean are pretty much plug and play guys. Fields qualifies as such, too, as much as a rising high school senior can. But if CLL can identify and properly evaluate a guy like Willis, sign him, and coach him to success on the field... yeah, I want that guy on my sideline. 

Sorry. This is clearly a vacuous opinion and in now way an answer to your question. Just thought I'd kill time until someone knowledgeable jumps in. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

Malik Willis might end up being the answer to that second question. 

Stid and Sean are pretty much plug and play guys. Fields qualifies as such, too, as much as a rising high school senior can. But if CLL can identify and properly evaluate a guy like Willis, sign him, and coach him to success on the field... yeah, I want that guy on my sideline. 

Sorry. This is clearly a vacuous opinion and in now way an answer to your question. Just thought I'd kill time until someone knowledgeable jumps in. 

So, Willis was Lindsey's recruit?

11 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

thanks for the update. good to see your name popping up again.

Package so far.

Archived