2018 5* QB Justin Fields

ellitor

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Going to be this guy. 

I imagine he falls somewhere between Gus and Garner in personality.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the ol look at how good looking a coaches wife is to see if they can recruit adage holds true here again as well with chip!!! lol His wife is a Auburn girl so of course she is a looker! haha.

It still blows me away that Rush Propst had Chip as his OC and Jeremy Pruitt as his DC at some point. The guy would have probably done anything to get a college job himself and look where is OC and DC are today. Don't mean to derail the convo. As I have said before I think we get Fields and hopefully he will bring some other skill players with him. All signs are good as long as we can have a good season which I think we will.  

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

This. Plus JF is on record saying he sees the FSU offense being the best fit for him personally.

Only because he hasn't seen what our new offense will do in games

13 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Only because he hasn't seen what our new offense will do in games

Neither have we, so I can't blame the kid for giving a known quantity a hard look. 

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Neither have we, so I can't blame the kid for giving a known quantity a hard look. 

I totally don't get how anyone who is remotely interested in Auburn can pull the trigger elsewhere without seeing what we are going to do this year.

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

To be fair, JF has been shown film of Chip's QB's and offense from Southern Miss and AR. 

8 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

To be fair, JF has been shown film of Chip's QB's and offense from Southern Miss and AR. 

Definitely a good sign that film on his prior offenses is a selling point. Let's hope his next reel is even better.

9 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Right, but were there pirouettes in those?  And how will chip incorporate the three headed monster?

Take this for the source, but JF was at FSU yesterday to workout for DC & Jimbo.  According to tweet at bottom, he may like FSU more due to QB depth.

It’s been one week since 5-star QB Justin Fields decommitted from Penn State. With the Harrison (Kennsesaw, Ga.) product no longer pledged to the Nittany Lions, many expected the top dual-threat signal-caller to likely head to the SEC. A familiar SEC foe, however, may have something to say about that.

Fields visited Florida State on Wednesday, throwing for coach Jimbo Fisher and offensive analyst Dameyune Craig, who is expected to move to an on-field role when coaching staffs expand to add a 10th assistant next season. Craig was a quarterback coach under Fisher at FSU from 2010-12 before leaving to become wide receivers coach at Auburn and eventually LSU.

The Seminoles appear to be in the mix to land Fields alongside Auburn, Georgia, LSU and Florida. Since taking part in the Rivals 5-star Challenge in Indianapolis, Fields has visited the Tigers, Bulldogs and Noles, and reportedly plans to visit UF after taking part in the IMG National 7-on-7 Championships in Bradenton, Fla. this coming weekend.

Landing Fields would make the 2018 recruiting cycle a guaranteed success for any of the above four staffs. Fields, who measures 6-foot-3, 221 pounds, is rated the No. 3 overall recruit and No. 1 dual-threat quarterback by the 247Sports Composite.

Unfortunately for the SEC programs, Fields appears to favor the depth chart at FSU.

Gus Malzahn, Jim McElwain, Ed Orgeron and Kirby Smart, however, certainly have time to sell Fields on playing time if he chooses to bring his talents to the SEC.

19 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

According to tweet at bottom, he may like FSU more due to QB depth.

That tweet is not accurate. I saw the interview. MF asked JF what team was the best fit for him offensively & depth wise. JF replied well which do you want to know fit or depth chart. MF said ok who's the best offensive fit. JF said FSU & PSU. JF never gave an opinion about depth charts to MF.

46 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I totally don't get how anyone who is remotely interested in Auburn can pull the trigger elsewhere without seeing what we are going to do this year.

Sought after QBs are under a lot of pressure to commit before their SR seasons so they can be the face of the recruiting class. Plus JF wants to commit by August so he can really focus on playing football his SR season.

29 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Sought after QBs are under a lot of pressure to commit before their SR seasons so they can be the face of the recruiting class. Plus JF wants to commit by August so he can really focus on playing football his SR season.

So if he's interested in Auburn, commit, see how the season goes and flip if he wants.  It's not like some other school is going to turn away the #2 QB in the country.

48 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

So if he's interested in Auburn, commit, see how the season goes and flip if he wants.  It's not like some other school is going to turn away the #2 QB in the country.

That appears to be our best shot right now.

I've read so many articles that I forgot which one, but in one he said that he wouldn't mind redshirting...

14 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Well I would have to make sure we weren't going to play 15 different quarterbacks in one half?

On 6/15/2017 at 8:49 AM, ellitor said:

He may not be the deciding factor. Whoever wins likely has to win over mom.

That's what I hear as well. 

It can't hurt our chances to have Cam and CRG to charm Mama. Hopefully Chip can master this art as well. 

15 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

That's what I hear as well. 

It can't hurt our chances to have Cam and CRG to charm Mama. Hopefully Chip can master this art as well. 

Charm a lady you say?! I have nothing but full confidence our man Chip can do that!!! He might as well have the rugged good looks of chipper jones with his game! lol

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Charm a lady you say?! I have nothing but full confidence our man Chip can do that!!! He might as well have the rugged good looks of chipper jones with his game! lol

It looks like Chip is certainly a top recruiter.

3 minutes ago, kd4au said:

It looks like Chip is certainly a top recruiter.

#AuburnGal

23 hours ago, bg5 said:

It still blows me away that Rush Propst had Chip as his OC and Jeremy Pruitt as his DC at some point. The guy would have probably done anything to get a college job himself and look where is OC and DC are today. Don't mean to derail the convo. As I have said before I think we get Fields and hopefully he will bring some other skill players with him. All signs are good as long as we can have a good season which I think we will.  

How do we know Propst doesn't secretly have a college job that he's been coaching at for years?

6 minutes ago, Tiger said:

How do we know Propst doesn't secretly have a college job that he's been coaching at for years?

giphy.gif

23 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

#confirmed

Fields to AU!!!

Archived