Baseball Mississippi St Game 3

By the way, Andrew Mitchell won't get enough credit for what he did tonight.  I thought Butch was going to ride him 'til he had to shoot him.  That was his first start of the year and he stepped up with a really gutty effort against a loaded MSU offensive lineup..  

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And Calvin Coker bounced back from a miserable 5 minutes on the mound in game one to get the final seven outs and the save in game two.  Mucho respecto to Butch for having the confidence/cajones to bring him back in the finale.  

20 minutes ago, wareagle13 said:

Did that take into a count the fact that george washington's rpi moved up into top 200 so we no longer have a loss against a >200 team.

It was an educated guess. I follow RPI fairly closely.

19 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Please don't feed the animals....

Damn! And I thought we had finally started to get along. I had actually come to like you. We have disagreed some this season but it was cool & mature.

Just now, ellitor said:

Damn! And I thought we had finally started to get along. I had actually come to like you. We have disagreed some this season but it was cool & mature.

It's all good, you're passionate about the numbers.  I'm passionate about the mental side of the game.  I think we both love the numbers and the psyche of this team and coach.

Just now, ellitor said:

It was an educated guess. I follow RPI fairly closely.

I admit i've only been following recently, i just saw after the loss to troy and the loss in game one we dropped to 30 on the nolanwarren site, didn't see us making up 11 spots even with the two wins. Thought we would've been in the 21-22 range, but vandy, south florida, and long beach state all dropped a game today which seemed to do the trick for us and get us over the 20 hump. But like I said the weekend isn't over yet. RPI is ever changing, especially with Bama now dropping to the low 200's

20 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

By the way, Andrew Mitchell won't get enough credit for what he did tonight.  I thought Butch was going to ride him 'til he had to shoot him.  That was his first start of the year and he stepped up with a really gutty effort against a loaded MSU offensive lineup..  

2nd. He started that weird UAB game at home where he was predetermined to go only 1 inning beforehand and was given the W. That was a head scratcher for us and a number of other posters.

Just now, ellitor said:

2nd. He started that weird UAB game at home where he was predetermined to go only 1 inning beforehand and was given the W. That was a head scratcher for us and a number of other posters.

OMG again, LOL.

2 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

It's all good, you're passionate about the numbers.  I'm passionate about the mental side of the game.  I think we both love the numbers and the psyche of this team and coach.

Agreed.

2 minutes ago, wareagle13 said:

I admit i've only been following recently, i just saw after the loss to troy and the loss in game one we dropped to 30 on the nolanwarren site, didn't see us making up 11 spots even with the two wins. Thought we would've been in the 21-22 range, but vandy, south florida, and long beach state all dropped a game today which seemed to do the trick for us and get us over the 20 hump. But like I said the weekend isn't over yet. RPI is ever changing, especially with Bama now dropping to the low 200's

Also remember wins on the road count a bit over 2 times as much as home wins versus same competition in the RPI. That's why I had a feeling we would be 18-20 winning this series over a team that came into the weekend @ #15.

3 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

OMG again, LOL.

Sorry. It's the accountant in me. Probably should not have started the post with "2nd". Should have just said he did have a weird 1 inning start versus UAB...My bad.

2 hours ago, FUZZYAUFAN said:

I am sure this question has been asked and answered but why is Jeremy Johnson playing so much this weekend. Anyone know. 

I think the combo of Bo struggling a little at the plate lately and what I thought was him favoring that previously injured ankle a little Friday night could have something to do with it. He had several great ABs Friday night when Decker was in RF. So, they may have wanted to get him more plate appearances because of his effectiveness Friday night. 

War Damn Eagle! AUburn Baseball is fun again. 

We are a damn good club right now....and every game we play, for the most part, shows it. Gritty, gutty....this team is laying a foundation that will put AU Baseball where it belongs. War Damn Eagle!!!!

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

We are a damn good club right now....and every game we play, for the most part, shows it. Gritty, gutty....this team is laying a foundation that will put AU Baseball where it belongs. War Damn Eagle!!!!

loving it

15 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

And Calvin Coker bounced back from a miserable 5 minutes on the mound in game one to get the final seven outs and the save in game two.  Mucho respecto to Butch for having the confidence/cajones to bring him back in the finale.  

Coker had great movement in this game. Catcher even had a little trouble with a couple of them. Reminded me of some Huddy movement at times.

23 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Quickly looking ahead, the Hammerin' Harvey's have lost every conference series and been swept in 5 of 7 and the last 4 in a row.  Hope our guys forget all that Friday night.

Right. I fear bamr more than lsu and OM. My cynical side says it would be so Auburn to lose two of three or even be swept by bamr.

On 4/29/2017 at 10:12 PM, ellitor said:

Well, there you have it, Perfect Game has spoken (or maybe just a weak year for 1B) Haha. 

All joking aside, he's come a long way from fall ball to get to this point of being serviceable at 1B. Especially at key moments in the game. I think it's the only way we keep DRob, Conor and Dylan in the lineup at the same time. We need to get DRob's arm healthy for obvious reasons but also to allow those three players bats in the lineup down the stretch. 

Archived