Political TV Trends

RunInRed

Fox needs to let go of crazy conspiracies,  honestly report news from a true conservative perspective and add some intellectual heft to their lineup. Let Tucker fetch coffee.

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Fox needs to let go of crazy conspiracies,  honestly report news from a true conservative perspective and add some intellectual heft to their lineup. Let Tucker fetch coffee.

He is heads and shoulders better than anyone on CNN or MSNBC IMO

4 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Thanks!  I laughed. 

29 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

You read the entire story right?

On May 16, a story was posted on the Fox News website on the investigation into the 2016 murder of DNC Staffer Seth Rich. The article was not initially subjected to the high degree of editorial scrutiny we require for all our reporting. Upon appropriate review, the article was found not to meet those standards and has since been removed.

We will continue to investigate this story and will provide updates as warranted.

57 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

On May 16, a story was posted on the Fox News website on the investigation into the 2016 murder of DNC Staffer Seth Rich. The article was not initially subjected to the high degree of editorial scrutiny we require for all our reporting. Upon appropriate review, the article was found not to meet those standards and has since been removed.

We will continue to investigate this story and will provide updates as warranted.

And yet Hannity made it his primary focus every day since then until tonight:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/the-fix/wp/2017/05/23/sean-hannity-says-he-will-drop-the-seth-rich-conspiracy-theory-and-stay-at-fox-news/

19 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

So your initial accusation was against Fox when it should have been against Hannity correct?

55 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

So your initial accusation was against Fox when it should have been against Hannity correct?

Fox isn't responsible for what their highest paid guy says on their network for a solid week? That's right wing "accountability" I guess.

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Fox isn't responsible for what their highest paid guy says on their network for a solid week? That's right wing "accountability" I guess.

I assumed that accountability you speak of is precisely why they pulled the story. 

5 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I assumed that accountability you speak of is precisely why they pulled the story. 

After a week of bad press and risk of loss of advertising. That's not accountability-- that's damage control.

19 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

After a week of bad press and risk of loss of advertising. That's not accountability-- that's damage control.

Hard to argue that's not a possibility.

On 5/23/2017 at 11:29 PM, AUFAN78 said:

Yeah, they admitted to violating journalistic standards.  

Course, they continued milking it.

I would think that a lot of the reason for MSNBCs rise is that liberals are more unhappy since the election. I believe that disgruntled people are more likely to seek out people who are also disgruntled. Conversely, conservatives are not as disgruntled as they were before the election so they are less likely to watch Fox News.

Either way, interesting post. Thanks for sharing.

Archived