Post a picture

3 hours ago, alexava said:

Hell no. Timmy Horton Outdoors on Facebook. I would make a Molotov and drop in there!

Timmy Horton loves Auburn.......does alot for young folks and fishing.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2019 at 8:27 AM, Brad_ATX said:

I actually enjoy the dipped Italian beef sandwich more than I do the pizza, and I love the pizza.  Had one sandwich at Portillo's yesterday for lunch and another at the game last night.

Thanks for the other dining tips.  Leaving the city this morning and heading to Milwaukee for the day.  Will have to hit those us next time.

Spent 2 days searching for something close to the sandwich in your pic............20lbs later I give up😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Spent 2 days searching for something close to the sandwich in your pic............20lbs later I give up😂

Portillo's is the spot.  Several locations on the Chicago area and a few downtown.  Italian Beef sandwich with mozzarella and sweet peppers.  Then ask to have it "dipped".  Delicious stuff!

3 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Portillo's is the spot.  Several locations on the Chicago area and a few downtown.  Italian Beef sandwich with mozzarella and sweet peppers.  Then ask to have it "dipped".  Delicious stuff!

Mmmmmm❤❤❤❤

Yeah I've been here and have thought about hiding the poats with these god awful photos. What is it with the pictures of snakes/serpents?

For the love of god please stop the torturing of an old man

• Haha 2

On 7/26/2019 at 10:15 AM, McLoofus said:

Glad you had such a good trip! Travel can be so invigorating. Exhausting and energizing at the same time. I really, really, really need to travel again soon. 

Really hope to get over there one day. The food is only, like, 49% why. I think. 

Duude yes it's been a challenge adjusting back to this time zone. Almost needed a vacation from my vacation lol. The food is fantastic, there's a Turkish restaurant close to where I live but it's just not the same. The women, the views, just the speed of life, the beaches, and the overall atmosphere are definitely worth making up the other 51%. Also being able to travel from Europe to Asia in a matter of minutes is pretty damn cool. 

I went to a Turkish Super League soccer game (Besiktas is my squad) last year and it was a hell of an experience. Non stop energy and just the gameday atmosphere was electric. Due to the unfortunate situation with the economy I was able to get first row seats for like $30. I was definitely taking advantage of the exchange rate lol

• Love 1

On 7/27/2019 at 3:21 AM, alexava said:

0C4F79CD-3072-4BD7-8DCD-24D11E47F247.jpeg

Funny and scary thing about this pic is my first glance I spotted 2 snakes.........each time thereafter the number has grown.......totally missed the largest snake which is not a good thing.

• Angry 1

22 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Duude yes it's been a challenge adjusting back to this time zone. Almost needed a vacation from my vacation lol. The food is fantastic, there's a Turkish restaurant close to where I live but it's just not the same. The women, the views, just the speed of life, the beaches, and the overall atmosphere are definitely worth making up the other 51%. Also being able to travel from Europe to Asia in a matter of minutes is pretty damn cool. 

I went to a Turkish Super League soccer game (Besiktas is my squad) last year and it was a hell of an experience. Non stop energy and just the gameday atmosphere was electric. Due to the unfortunate situation with the economy I was able to get first row seats for like $30. I was definitely taking advantage of the exchange rate lol

The women... sigh

How cool on the soccer game!

On 7/28/2019 at 2:14 AM, ShocksMyBrain said:

N2HRML4.jpg

Still haven't figured this one.......thinking time portal😁

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Hemp necklace I picked up at a Phish show in Charleston Fall 2010. 

Very cool.

• Thanks 1

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 7:32 PM, alexava said:

Alex wanted to get out and pet it. I said no maybe next time. If we made it through fireworks season with all our fingers there’s no need in messing with a baby gator. 

where there are baby gators, in my experience there is a big mother gator keeping an eye on her young uns. 

• Like 2

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 3:20 PM, kevon67 said:

Funny and scary thing about this pic is my first glance I spotted 2 snakes.........each time thereafter the number has grown.......totally missed the largest snake which is not a good thing.

oh my.....that is really scary.....looks like a dozen buttons on the big snake....

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 12:04 PM, Brad_ATX said:

LOL!  I promise I do work.  But often after meetings I get some down time.  NYC is a little different because I'm required to be there a week each month.

I'm actually in Louisville in a few weeks and should have time to hit the Slugger museum.  Can't wait for that.

Note to the general public,

A friend passed away a while back and for some reason left me an autographed baseball that he had ...knew I was a fan I guess.  Anyway, I'm not that much of a fan.

Ball is autographed by Gaylord Perry and Jim "Catfish" Hunter ...same ball...they were retired on the NC coast and did this for my friend.

Anyone who would like this ball...send me a PM and I will send the ball, postage paid....to anyone who might appreciate it.

• Love 3

On 8/3/2019 at 8:47 PM, AU64 said:

Note to the general public,

A friend passed away a while back and for some reason left me an autographed baseball that he had ...knew I was a fan I guess.  Anyway, I'm not that much of a fan.

Ball is autographed by Gaylord Perry and Jim "Catfish" Hunter ...same ball...they were retired on the NC coast and did this for my friend.

Anyone who would like this ball...send me a PM and I will send the ball, postage paid....to anyone who might appreciate it.

Cool thing to do 64. Gaylord threw quite the spitball. 

10 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

In Louisville and found a happy hour that was made just for @augolf1716.

IMG_20190806_171345.jpg

Stag listed twice, must be trying to get rid of that one lol. No Sterling Big Mouth? Of course that was a bottle so....

• Haha 1

Went to the Louisville Slugger Museum and Factory after my flight got cancelled.  Coolest thing was the "bat vault".  It has every model that they've ever made, most of which are specific to one player.  That tour costs extra money to do and I was the only one on it at that time.  Just me and the curator talking ball for about 45 minutes and handling some bats created for guys like Shoeless Joe Jackson, Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, Barry Bonds, Hank Aaron, and more.  However, the most popular bat in history is one that was originally designed for a minor leaguer.  If you zoom in, you can see how some of them have huge knobs or no knobs at all.  So freaking cool to check out.

One last note.  The giant bat outside is an exact to scale replica of Babe Ruth's preferred choice.

IMG_20190808_170118.jpg

IMG_20190808_170115.jpg

IMG_20190808_162723.jpg

IMG_20190808_162710.jpg

IMG_20190808_162544.jpg

MVIMG_20190808_152524.jpg

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2