Post a picture

My 3 favorite ladies in front of my dream cars! 🥰

Emme in the green & Ruby in the......not sure what to call it.

And of course, my angel, Sonya!

IMG_20190518_135002.jpg

Edited by AUsince72
  • Like 6
  • Love 2

Me, with my chiclets and Grandmama & Granddaddy (my parents....as if you couldn't tell), standing in front of the greatest vehicle of ALL time!!!!

This was actually back in the summer.  I've lost 20 lbs since then.  Just don't have the appetite I used to. ...not a bad thing, though.

IMG_20190518_141733_1.jpg

Edited by AUsince72
  • Like 2

And finally.... my pride & joys at one of my favorite spots down here.  The South Jetty in Venice, FL.

IMG_20190518_153700.jpg

Edited by AUsince72
  • Like 2

Beautiful stuff, @AUsince72! You're a lucky, lucky boy. Very cool to have that car... museum?... so close to you. Definitely no shortage of sweet rides on the road (and dealerships with things I'll never be able to afford) in that area. 

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Beautiful stuff, @AUsince72! You're a lucky, lucky boy. Very cool to have that car... museum?... so close to you. Definitely no shortage of sweet rides on the road (and dealerships with things I'll never be able to afford) in that area. 

Thanks brother!

Yeah, it's a dealership believe it or not.  I'm not sure if EVERYTHING is for sale but most are......as long as you've got at LEAST $50K in your wallet.

I'm on their e-mail list and the last ad includes a '57 Chevy ON SALE for $99,983.00 (reduced from $110,983.00)!

Naturally we told the girls "Touch...... NOTHING!"

• Haha 1

Kids, island scenes. The patio is at the "pub" in my neighborhood which is actually a stuffy high dollar old money type place. But you can actually get a decent beer at a reasonable price and enjoy a hell of a view over Skull Creek. It's next to one of those old "forts" that is basically a mound of dirt on the riverbank with some cannons.

IMG_20191103_151832.jpg

IMG_20191025_174635.jpg

IMG_20191011_185347_1.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 3

On 11/5/2019 at 8:49 PM, AUsince72 said:

Just a neat car place down the road from us.  Beautiful day!

IMG_20190518_135104.jpgIMG_20190518_135506.jpgIMG_20190518_135758.jpg

IMG_20190518_135811.jpg

I would kill go have the Mach Five and Adam West era Batmobile. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Field Trip,  Louise Kreher Nature Preserve... AUBURN UNIVERSITY! Heading home after a perfect day with sweet children and their wonderful families...12 parents!  Even I had a chaperone...my mom (retired AHS biology teacher) joined us. It just doesn't get any better than this. ❤🔎♻️🦋🐢🌱🕸🍁

#wishthebuscouldstopatTOOMERS

20191107_100151.jpg

20191107_101038.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 2

41 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Field Trip,  Louise Kreher Nature Preserve... AUBURN UNIVERSITY! Heading home after a perfect day with sweet children and their wonderful families...12 parents!  Even I had a chaperone...my mom (retired AHS biology teacher) joined us. It just doesn't get any better than this. ❤🔎♻️🦋🐢🌱🕸🍁

#wishthebuscouldstopatTOOMERS

20191107_100151.jpg

20191107_101038.jpg

Nature! Yes!

Also, go Mom!

• Like 2

Forgot to post this.  Was in Dallas for a week recently and went to Cattleack BBQ.  Only open for two days a week and usually there's at least an hour long line.  Rated the #2 or #3 BBQ joint in Texas depending on who you read, but I thought this was better than Franklin's here in Austin, which is world renowned.

Got in line at 9:45 am and was the first one there on a cold day.  Tried a little bit of everything.  They only use waygu beef for their brisket and dinosaur ribs.

IMG_20191031_101914.jpg

IMG_20191031_101919.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 3

5 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Forgot to post this.  Was in Dallas for a week recently and went to Cattleack BBQ.  Only open for two days a week and usually there's at least an hour long line.  Rated the #2 or #3 BBQ joint in Texas depending on who you read, but I thought this was better than Franklin's here in Austin, which is world renowned.

Got in line at 9:45 am and was the first one there on a cold day.  Tried a little bit of everything.  They only use waygu beef for their brisket and dinosaur ribs.

IMG_20191031_101914.jpg

IMG_20191031_101919.jpg

Wagyu bbq? What a time we live in.

• Like 1

Great pix everyone...cute kiddies......but the BBQ plate left me drooling all over my keyboard....:)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/5/2019 at 8:46 PM, AUsince72 said:

My 3 favorite ladies in front of my dream cars! 🥰

Emme in the green & Ruby in the......not sure what to call it.

And of course, my angel, Sonya!

IMG_20190518_135002.jpg

First thing I did with my first car, 72 Buick Skylark was put Cragar SS.........Beautiful family❤

• Like 1
  • Love 1

So Mrs. Loof made a lantern parade here in Hilton Head. It was a total home run. A couple thousand people on the beach, walking or watching, many saying "Oh my God" and "I can't believe this" and such. Simply put, things like this don't happen here. Which is why her job was created and why we moved here. And she pulled it off. It was amazing to see last night. Hard to articulate it without getting too long winded but the community came together last night and it was awesome.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

On 11/13/2019 at 10:28 AM, McLoofus said:

LOOOOOOFFFFF~! Oh wow, the lantern video link from FB!  I shared it...

Of course you are proud.  My mind is turning with all sorts of questions...where do you get all of that variety...how many involved...how much planning...weather...it was glorious!  It looks like everyone just had the best time in both a unique but a history-making, community building way.  Please tell Jenn well, well done...and the three of you, too. Nothing I ever do is done without the rocks behind me, and we all feel that way about each other's dreams-to-fruition.

• Love 2

1 hour ago, ToraGirl said:

Of course you are proud.  My mind is turning with all sorts of questions...where do you get all of that variety...how many involved...how much planning...weather...it was glorious!  It looks like everyone just had the best time in both a unique but a history-making, community building way.  Please tell Jenn well, well done...and the three of you, too. Nothing I ever do is done without the rocks behind me, and we all feel that way about each other's dreams-to-fruition.

I knew you'd get it. I'll answer questions when I have a minute to respond appropriately...

• Like 1

On 11/13/2019 at 11:28 AM, McLoofus said:

Dude, that is absolutely BA!  Reminds me of the festivals & parades they do around here.  Fantastic...Kudos to your much, much, much, much, much....better half! 😁

Edited by AUsince72
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Dude, that is absolutely BA!  Reminds me of the festivals & parades they do around here.  Fantastic...Kudos to your much, much, much, much, much....better half! 😁

Short a few muches ;) but thank you!

• Love 1

On 11/16/2019 at 11:33 AM, ToraGirl said:

I'm sorry that you asked, because I'm going to answer :) . Totally understood if anyone wants to skip over all of this.

-Thank you for sharing! While McWifey champions the arts as a true believer in their power to educate, enrich, draw communities together and all that other stuff- that last part being a *massive* driver for this event, and the primary reason that this event was so necessary, special and successful in our community in particular- she also helps justify her salary by, quite honestly, putting asses in hotel rooms. Tourism is our industry an

d golf isn't going to keep our island floating forever. The island needs to find ways to keep people coming in the future, and also keep them coming in the offseason. So year 1, this was promoted locally and very organically. There was no advertising budget. It was pretty much all done via Facebook and word of mouth. And it obviously worked. She/they/it far exceeded even the most wildly optimistic expectations. While there were a few "Oh, we heard about this and decided to move our trip to this weekend" moments, this was a local event. That's not going to be the case next year or going forward. So yes, thank you for sharing. You might not have been consciously "selling" the experience, but more eyes on it are a win for holistic and pragmatic reasons. 

-The variety comes 100% from the brains of the participants. That was one of the most rewarding aspects of it. Just one example, a local school's science club made a school of fish out of unrecyclable 2-liter bottles. McWifey had no idea that was happening. 600 lanterns made at another local middle school. A giant alligator requiring 6 people to carry it. I think a boat was prominently featured in the video. Umbrellas turned into lanterns. Giant hats (so folks could keep their hands free), sea creatures, sports logos... at least 80% of what was out there- which comes out to well over 1,000 lanterns- was created purely on the participants' own initiative. There were many workshops held to give basic tips on construction- you might have noticed a general globe design shared by many of the lanterns- and a limited number of sea turtle kits that were sold at a couple places on the island (tons of last minute "where can I get the turtle kit" requests, too bad, sold out), but otherwise folks did their own thing. 

-The official count of lanterns was 1,300, but the lady with the clicker said she missed a bunch. Conservatively, 1,500 lanterns, a couple thousand participants, and another 1,500-2,000 watching on the beach or from their vacation rental balconies. Also, there was a wedding reception happening right where the parade route ended. Um, bonus.

-The planning was about a year in the making. Permission to do it on the beach, finding the right weekend (not during turtle mating season being priority #1), lining up entertainment and a spot to host the "after party" (um, hey Bar, are you okay if a few hundred people show up at once and can you make sure they have a good time?), security, a trolley shuttle from the public parking lot, workshops at schools and just about every other civic institution in the area... it was a lot. In fact, McWifey isn't sure she wants to do it again because she doesn't want it to be her year round job. And judging by year 1, it will be that kind of centerpiece event on the fall calendar if it is allowed to be and it will require the requisite attention. She's hoping to hand it off to the Chamber or something. Also, she did bring in a big gun. There is an artist named Chantelle Rytter who more or less started the lantern parade on the Beltline in Atlanta and who now does this full time, and she was brought in as a consultant. She has a small crew of pros who come in with pro-level lanterns and she helps with the workshops and such. I guess you might call her a creative director? 

On 11/16/2019 at 11:33 AM, ToraGirl said:

a unique but a history-making, community building way.

Like I said, I knew you'd get it. 

Nothing I ever do is done without the rocks behind me, and we all feel that way about each other's dreams-to-fruition.

Amen

• Love 1

Loof, that is beyond-words fabulous. I really mean it. It speaks for itself, but to read the background...I am just so happy for the McFingerprints on the McHiltonHead! 

P.S. I now see it could surely be a fulltime job. Will have to keep an eye out for the Beltline...we're closer... 

• Like 1

Found a few others I thought I would share. The first is me and 2 of my brothers and niece at her first AU game. Couple more of my wife and I...and the last one is from iron bowl weekend and its my brothers wife and daughter, my wife, our mother, and my other brother wife from left to right. 

IMG_20181223_202157.jpg

IMG_20190831_184216.jpg

IMG_20191102_172544.jpg

IMG_20181223_202111.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 2