LSU using motion and running with the WRs

gr82b4au

Looks like Auburn play calls. I watched a good portion of the LSU FL game. The best play for LSU all game long was the hand-off to the WRs as they ran down the line (the ole eli stove play). LSU scored on this and they ran it probably 5 or 6 times. FL finally caught on late. Also LSU sent a man in motion on every play. Just a few differences that I noted when watching the game this weekend.  

They ran the sweep so much because LSU said they noticed Floridas linebackers didnt pursue sideline to sideline very well. We should be good at handling this particular attack.

That is what Canada has done with his offenses.  That's one reason LSU looked so dismal in the 2nd half against Troy.  Oregeron asked to stop a lot of the pre-snap movement at half time to simplify things for the freshmen Oline.  That pretty much killed the base offense.  You know, a lot like what happened with us the last few years on offense. 

Doubt the sweeps will work as well against our D.  Too fast plus we will have seen it on tape and will be ready.  LSU's biggest hope is to try and throw downfield on our DB's but they haven't been real good at that.  As long as we don't help them out with turnovers or bad penalties they should struggle to put points on the board. 

11 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Doubt the sweeps will work as well against our D.  Too fast plus we will have seen it on tape and will be ready.  LSU's biggest hope is to try and throw downfield on our DB's but they haven't been real good at that.  As long as we don't help them out with turnovers or bad penalties they should struggle to put points on the board. 

Yep, you’re right. Anyone who thinks this could be a stumbling block is certainly justified but I agree that their best bet to beat us is through deep passes and an almost air raid offense. Which is also probably their weakest area.

I’m more uncertain with our offense moving the ball on their DBs. Hopefully the running game takes off and we don’t have to worry about it

Archived