Finebaum: CGM to Arky plausible

RunInRed

5 hours ago, 80Tiger said:

I tend to agree with what you said, but I would like to know what are those things that Saben requested that UAT put in place for him to be successful that AU has not or said they would talk about after a couple of NC. I am asking because I really would like to know.

So he told them he wanted complete control (including over Moore) he hires and fires whoever he wants including admin in athletics department. You see what Nick has staff wise on the book but he has plenty of staff that is no in the books that is paid for by others. Not illegal just not what other schools do. The REC really does exist and they work to put heat on folks like the media to promote their agenda. Again not illegal but maybe immoral.  If you look from day one of Sabens start, Espn and others have worshiped the ground he walks in. Not only that no matter who he recruits their star status increases immediately. Other schools get a player that uat wanted them their star rating goes down. Once that started and they got a couple of #1 classes then they became an automatic draw for top recruits because they New their rankings would go up as soon as they committed.  He also has a good legal team that gets his players out of trouble like the two in LA last year. Any other players would have faced serious time. A lot of schools like ours deal respectfully with other schools. If we want one of their coaches we normally go through the channel because admins work with each other on a lot of other issues. That is not the case with Nick. If he wants one screw the other school he don’t care at all. Just some of it.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, warhogone said:

Is there really a chance that Yeller Wood feller will come off the cash enough to rip Nick away from the REC?  :bananadance:

Nope . I just said there is a price and agreement that Nick or anyone will take. You have to decide if you’ll pay it. Remember at the time uat took the top off the pay chart when the hired NS. They were willing to do it. Now that he has been successful the price would be much higher. Remember Pete Carroll is making 8 million so I’m betting a 5 year deal at 10 would get him. Also remember that NS raised the income for uat football by 25 to 50 million a year since he’s been there. My guess is that not only was it good for their win/loss record but also for their income.

13 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

So he told them he wanted complete control (including over Moore) he hires and fires whoever he wants including admin in athletics department. You see what Nick has staff wise on the book but he has plenty of staff that is no in the books that is paid for by others. Not illegal just not what other schools do. The REC really does exist and they work to put heat on folks like the media to promote their agenda. Again not illegal but maybe immoral.  If you look from day one of Sabens start, Espn and others have worshiped the ground he walks in. Not only that no matter who he recruits their star status increases immediately. Other schools get a player that uat wanted them their star rating goes down. Once that started and they got a couple of #1 classes then they became an automatic draw for top recruits because they New their rankings would go up as soon as they committed.  He also has a good legal team that gets his players out of trouble like the two in LA last year. Any other players would have faced serious time. A lot of schools like ours deal respectfully with other schools. If we want one of their coaches we normally go through the channel because admins work with each other on a lot of other issues. That is not the case with Nick. If he wants one screw the other school he don’t care at all. Just some of it.

What is the source for such definitive statements?

On 10/26/2017 at 6:43 PM, AUBwins said:

Does she realize it is not really Vegas?

I don't knowwwwwwwww...Biloxi can't be that far away.

:Sing::wareagle:

19 hours ago, Strychnine said:

What is the source for such definitive statements?

I have a VERY VERY good source and I would not tell you  who  is was if you  asked.  I do not believe @Eagle Eye 7 should  have to  tell you heirs.

Archived