Honest question about the team...

Mid Atlantic Tiger

One thing nobody has mentioned about this game was Spencer. He had his best game of the year. I believe he had 11 points and 7 rebounds. One reason he got so many rebounds is that he did not try and block every shot hence leaving him in a position to rebound. Between McLemore and Spencer we got 19 points, 10 boards and 4 blocks that is pretty good production from the 5 position.  

59 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

One thing nobody has mentioned about this game was Spencer. He had his best game of the year. I believe he had 11 points and 7 rebounds. One reason he got so many rebounds is that he did not try and block every shot hence leaving him in a position to rebound. Between McLemore and Spencer we got 19 points, 10 boards and 4 blocks that is pretty good production from the 5 position.  

And while I haven't checked to verify I don't think Spencer has fouled out this year yet which is good.   Maybe not trying to block every shot has meant that he has not committed as many useless fouls as in the past.   But as noted....the combined performance has been good thus far.

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

And while I haven't checked to verify I don't think Spencer has fouled out this year yet which is good.   Maybe not trying to block every shot has meant that he has not committed as many useless fouls as in the past.   But as noted....the combined performance has been good thus far.

Spencer has really struggled this year. Middle was his best game for sure, and the first time he was in good defensive and rebounding position most of the night. 

Hope it  is a sign of things to come rather than just a good night. 

Archived