A Thread for Barnacle and Mcloofus

aujeff11

How, in the name of 

Bear Bryant, did a freshman bench jockey rise to this ridiculously pressurized occasion and become an instant hero?

“I was praying,” Tagovailoa said. “I was speaking in tongues. It kept me calm.”

He prayed before possessions. He prayed after possessions. He prayed and passed and scrambled his way into Alabama lore.

“I would say my poise comes from my faith,” Tagovailoa said. “I just pray for peace.”

The fanbase better brace themselves.  Sounds like their new QB is deeply faithful in the Evangelical/Holiness/Pentecostal areas, word is his best friend/teammate Jerry Jeudy is just as passionate about his faith as well.

30 minutes ago, keesler said:

The fanbase better brace themselves.  Sounds like their new QB is deeply faithful in the Evangelical/Holiness/Pentecostal areas, word is his best friend/teammate Jerry Jeudy is just as passionate about his faith as well.

They better hope he doesn’t decide to start handling snakes out there! ;D

10 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

They better hope he doesn’t decide to start handling snakes out there! ;D

Snakes on Sand Mountain is a great book, and quite a glimpse into that part of Alabama. Might be a good thing that Tuscaloosa isn't in Marshall County. 

4 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Did he ever clarify why he said "My parents are going to be upset, but...I first need to thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ"?

Maybe just an awkward joke that they would be upset he didn't thank them first?

Just now, McLoofus said:

Maybe just an awkward joke that they would be upset he didn't thank them first?

Yeah I didn't know if his parents aren't also Christians as well? Just thought it was a strange thing to say. 

Just now, Barnacle said:

Yeah I didn't know if his parents aren't also Christians as well? Just thought it was a strange thing to say. 

Maybe he's like Cam and means well but just doesn't really use his words as well as his arms and legs. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

Maybe he's like Cam and means well but just doesn't really use his words as well as his arms and legs. 

Good point, and lesbianist, I mean let's be honest, I'd probably say something stupid if you shoved a camera in my face in that moment. 

I hope he gets all the praise in the world and eats it up every damn day through the summer and he's becomes one big fat flop while Jalen Hurts is playing QB for Lane Kiffin down at FAU.

Hey we had a QB get a ton of praise over one half of football and it didn't end well...I can dream, right?

23 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Good point, and lesbianist, I mean let's be honest, I'd probably say something stupid if you shoved a camera in my face in that moment. 

You would there is no probably about it. :poke:

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Freaking hero. Even before the punchline, I'm like, "I'd give up all my worldly possessions for a spoonful of that guy's chill."

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

May I borrow this? I'm going to claim it as my own, just so you know. 

Borrow it, keep it, take it out for drinks this weekend. Mi joke su joke, mi amigo!

But Bo.0 is all mine. Hands off.  Unless you want to help print the shirts, then I can give you a cut. 

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

oooh what is that???

giphy.gif

Bo Nix... Bo 2.0... Bo.0... I have too much time on my hands...

(And yet you and several other people are SO much better at gifs than I am! #offseasongoals)

4 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Clearly :laugh::laugh:

I do love the .gifs. I love them so much. 

giphy.gif

That movie... *sniffle*... it's so... so... perfect... 

I think I'm going to hear the theme song every time I start walking somewhere today. Owe you one, buddy. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

That movie... *sniffle*... it's so... so... perfect... 

I think I'm going to hear the theme song every time I start walking somewhere today. Owe you one, buddy. 

My wife still hasn't seen it. Damn tragedy if you ask me. 

Archived