Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

10 hours ago, AUBwins said:

My goodness that was a great show.  The Major League Wild Thing for Mox was incredible. AEW has created a crowd like ECW used to be but louder with large venues.  Hangman pop was legit. Heck they loved Ricky Starks.  That was a Heckuva match tonight with solid finish. Just a great mix of professional wrestling. 

Starks is a local boy.  He and Guevara both, so they are beloved here.  Starks actually used to have a tag team here with Aaron Solow called Extra Talented.  They were amazing together.

So yeah, crowd was never getting behind Cage tonight.  I actually thought from a heel/face dynamic, having that Starks match here was a bad idea.  But it was fun!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

Starks is a local boy.  He and Guevara both, so they are beloved here.  Starks actually used to have a tag team here with Aaron Solow called Extra Talented.  They were amazing together.

So yeah, crowd was never getting behind Cage tonight.  I actually thought from a heel/face dynamic, having that Starks match here was a bad idea.  But it was fun!

Cool.  They are putting out some great shows with the crowds back. Great shot of Penta there.  Love watching that guy wrestle.  So how was the Hangman Omega segment from your vantage point. Crowd seemed really into it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Cool.  They are putting out some great shows with the crowds back. Great shot of Penta there.  Love watching that guy wrestle.  So how was the Hangman Omega segment from your vantage point. Crowd seemed really into it. 

Crowd was really into Hangman.  Felt Kenny's insults came off a bit lame.  Callis got nuclear heat though.

I actually got a couple of really cool selfies with Eddie Kingston and Jungle Boy too.

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Felt Kenny's insults came off a bit lame.

I actually think that's a weak point of Kenny.  The Mic has never come well in AEW, especially as a heel. 

Dynamite got a .40 18-49 demo rating going straight up against NBA finals.  1.025M viewers. Actually beat Raw demo this week.  Raw will start getting better though. But I'm just glad they not on same night. 

MITB was a pretty good show.  Had a pretty significant pop at the end with the return of John Cena. 

Hey @GwillMac6 found something you'd enjoy 😉

That was awesome!

• Love 1

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

MITB was a pretty good show.  Had a pretty significant pop at the end with the return of John Cena. 

Hey @GwillMac6 found something you'd enjoy 😉

That was awesome!

GREAT PPV last night!!! one of the best PPV's WWE has had start to finish in a long time. Very very enjoyable!!! Love MITB!! My second favorite PPV each year besides The Rumble.

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

GREAT PPV last night!!! one of the best PPV's WWE has had start to finish in a long time. Very very enjoyable!!! Love MITB!! My second favorite PPV each year besides The Rumble.

Tonight should be fun.  Don't let me down Vince!

OK, OK.  Gotta hand it to the creative on Raw.  They made all the right swerves tonight.  They knew what was rumored all over the webs and made us think it wasn't happening only to still make it happen.  Didn't think they all had it in em lol.  They toyed the audience all night long.  And then the finish!!!! Heck yes!!! And not who everyone was expecting.  That got me pumped.  

The Keith Lee play was brilliant.  Texas guy and not Goldberg.  Then no setup, and boom with Goldberg.  They milked that pop. Now I can only pray again that he does more than 2 moves lol.  Hasn't happened yet but still hoping lol. 

Edit: not saying I want Bill to run with the title again, just that I want a solid 5 mins. Clearly he can do an arm drag or something haha. 

Edited by AUBwins

Don't like that they did Kross like that. Triple H is probably pretty pissed lol. 

Happy for Nikki. New gimmick is doing wonders. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

OK, OK.  Gotta hand it to the creative on Raw.  They made all the right swerves tonight.  They knew what was rumored all over the webs and made us think it wasn't happening only to still make it happen.  Didn't think they all had it in em lol.  They toyed the audience all night long.  And then the finish!!!! Heck yes!!! And not who everyone was expecting.  That got me pumped. 

"Take that, you filthy marks."

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, AUDub said:

Don't like that they did Kross like that. Triple H is probably pretty pissed lol. 

Happy for Nikki. New gimmick is doing wonders. 

Agreed on Kross.  Again I think they were trying to swerve while playing up the angle that now everyone is in trouble cuz he's mad.  But I think this hurts him more than helps him. I didn't realize the history of the women MITB cashing in so quickly or given the title like Asuka last year.  The last like 5 or six years cashed in within 48hrs or something like that.  Women not given the time for the storytelling. Think that will change some with primary players coming back.  Well played in Nikki situation though.  

Interesting rumors out there about a former WWE wrestler making an in-ring return with All Elite Wrestling. 

1 hour ago, Paladin said:

Yes! Yes! Yes!

And that's not even the rumor you're talking about 🤫

• Like 1

Gosh I love AEW!!  Such an adrenaline rush from start to finish!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Beat me to it.  This makes me very happy!  Loved her from the first match I saw her.  Awesome! These women need live TV time.  Rampage will help a lot with it. 

• Like 1

And it's Thunder Rosa birthday.  Great gift!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AUDub said:

Bah Raw sucked tonight. Meh. 

Yea, they still disappoint.  Meh is typical these days unless they pull out a returning legend or something. Just stale. 

Oh yeah, i think it's actually happening. AEW hinting almost like a confirmation Punk is coming.  

Holy @#%%

Edited by AUBwins

@AUBwins

AEW sold out the United Center for Rampage on 8/20. I've read it was around 16k tickets. Possible that more tickets could become available after production set-up is finalized.

For a promotion only two years old, this is amazing.

Edited by Paladin
  • Love 1

34 minutes ago, Paladin said:

@AUBwins

AEW sold out the United Center for Rampage on 8/20. I've read it was around 16k tickets. Possible that more tickets could become available after production set-up is finalized.

For a promotion only two years old, this is amazing.

Absolutely.  This could be a push in the door of other bigger arenas across country.  The key will be if they can also sell out the remaining 2 spots during all out week as well.  All out is already sold out.  They better reveal Punk during that show or there will be backlash.  I hope it's just smokescreen by Darby when he said he wasn't directing the best in the world at Punk.

• Like 1