Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

Curious if Adam Cole re-signs before his contract runs out after Summer Slam. I seriously doubt he'd want to go to Raw or SD with the way NXT talent gets buried. 

Edited by AUBwins

Georgia Championship Wrestling & Championship Wrestling from Florida fans of the 70s and early 80s have great memories of the Assassin. In Southeastern Championship Wrestling and Continental Wrestling he wrestled as The Flame.

His son, Nick Patrick, was a referee for WCW and wwf/wwe.

Edited by Paladin

It'll be Wednesday night, and you know what that means,  AEW Dynamite on TNT.   Pumped for tonight.  Actually look forward to wrestling again.  So refreshing.  I am only watching parts of WWE to see when Becky returns lol.  But i read where the Nicki and Charlotte match was a good watch.  Have to go see it. 

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

It'll be Wednesday night, and you know what that means,  AEW Dynamite on TNT.   Pumped for tonight.  Actually look forward to wrestling again.  So refreshing.  I am only watching parts of WWE to see when Becky returns lol.  But i read where the Nicki and Charlotte match was a good watch.  Have to go see it. 

Juventud Guerrera returns to TNT to take on Chris Jericho and Cody Rhodes heads back to California (taking his insipid promos with him), after Malakai Black destroys him. Definitely looking forward to that. 

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Paladin said:

Juventud Guerrera returns to TNT to take on Chris Jericho and Cody Rhodes heads back to California (taking his insipid promos with him), after Malakai Black destroys him. Definitely looking forward to that. 

Then we get to find out labor number 4 for CJ. Great storytelling there. I wonder if they throw more Punk hints. 

• Like 1

I did see reports that made me very happy,  Ruby is thought to be coming to AEW. Her clause ends the end of month, just before All Out.  Several chances around that time to make a Pop. It's time to get some big time women wrestlers to arrive. It's thought that Rampage will feature the women more.  That's great news. 

My favorite match on last night's Dynamite. Watching Cody Runnels get squashed was a great ending to a solid show.

Edited by Paladin
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, Paladin said:

My favorite match on last night's Dynamite. Watching Cody Runnels get squashed was a great ending to a solid show.

Yes that was a dominate win by Black. Best part was busting Cody again while trying to retire.  Love his entrance, look, and demeanor.  Just cool.  He's going to be fun.  

Looking forward to Rampage.  Love the announce team.  Jericho is always a good listen. 

• Like 1

Also loved seeing Juvy in ring again.  I wonder how long it's been since he wrestled.  He gave 100% but you could tell father time has messed with him a bit.  It was still well thought out and fun. 

Curious to find out the 5th labour this week for CJ. Seen interesting theories.  I wonder if it will be the debut of someone from WWE, like a Stroman etc. And maybe after all this, Jericho loses.  I think once you get to the last one, you can get away with not having the favorite win.  Although, they just did this to Hangman, so maybe not. You also don't want the new guy losing so soon.  Maybe Paul Wight?

The most fascinating is what if it's Sammy with a stip on him that makes him wrestle his best friend, like losing his chance to challenge for a title for example.  Sammy has basically been the centerpiece of this feud.  I can't take credit for this idea, but it's intriguing nonetheless. 

Haha 😄

QT Marshall ‘Fibbed’ To Shaquille O’Neal Before AEW Table Spot

Sanchez Taylor
@sannyt63

AEW
QT Marshall has recalled lying to Shaquille O’Neal about table spots while he was training for his AEW in-ring debut.

On the March 3 episode of Dynamite, Shaquille O’Neal & Jade Cargill faced Cody Rhodes and Red Velvet. Towards the end of the match, Rhodes drove O’Neal through two tables at ringside.

Speaking with Digital Spy, QT Marshall noted that he told O’Neal that there would be padding under the tables to soften his landing. Revealing that O’Neal was surprised when the tables were the only things breaking his fall, Marshall said:

“He picked up on it very quickly. He’s a wrestling fan, so the moment that you asked him what he wanted to do, he already had a whole list of things that were in his mind that he was going to do to somebody and it was just about teaching him the right way to do it without hurting himself.

“He said something about maybe going through some tables and I told him, ‘Oh it won’t be that bad, we’ll put a really thick pad underneath,’ which was not true. I just didn’t want him to back out of it. So it was a lot of fun, as soon as he came in the back, right away, he said, ‘You lied to me! There was no pad under there!’ That’s wrestling, welcome to wrestling.”

• Haha 1

Stoked for AEW Rampage tonight.  High energy action packed hour of television.  Starts right as Smackdown ends.  Glad they don't overlap. Although i don't really watch WWE consistently right now.  I'll watch a match here and there and get the storyline. Lol

This is the week!  Great wrestling week.  Actually started this weekend with Rampage starting, then NJPW Insurgence, then TripleMania with AAA. Go home shows for WWE, Dynamite has been great and this show will have Jericho vs MJF. That entrance, I'm telling you will be awesome.  CJ can't use his theme song, but guaranteed the crowd will sing Judas on their own. Then Rampage at United Center!!!! Heavily suspected that CM Punk returns.  Must see.  Then of course Summer Slam!

Following week is AEW Chicago week leading to All Out! Great time to be a wrestling fan. 

The crowd in Houston popped big-time for Sting last night. Any worries if Sting could take bumps went out the window in Houston. 2.0 put him through a table. He popped up and gave a double Scorpion Death Drop to 2.0, then was time for a double Scorpio Death Lock. 2.0 tapped out. 

What a moment. 20 plus years since Sting's last victory on TNT, when he defeated Ric Flair on the final Nitro. 

My interest in pro rasslin went dormant when WCW was bought out. Have never cared for WWF/WWE. AEW has renewed my passion for pro rasslin. Have not missed an episode of Dynamite and watched every PPV.

Ftr, I have never seen CM Punk or Bryan Danielson wrestle. Not sure what to expect when they show up.

5 hours ago, Paladin said:

The crowd in Houston popped big-time for Sting last night. Any worries if Sting could take bumps went out the window in Houston. 2.0 put him through a table. He popped up and gave a double Scorpion Death Drop to 2.0, then was time for a double Scorpio Death Lock. 2.0 tapped out. 

What a moment. 20 plus years since Sting's last victory on TNT, when he defeated Ric Flair on the final Nitro. 

My interest in pro rasslin went dormant when WCW was bought out. Have never cared for WWF/WWE. AEW has renewed my passion for pro rasslin. Have not missed an episode of Dynamite and watched every PPV.

Ftr, I have never seen CM Punk or Bryan Danielson wrestle. Not sure what to expect when they show up.

Well said.  The Sting no sell on the table was great.  Loved the script there.  

Bryan Danielson gives it his all every match.  Extremely gifted.  Great promo as well.  Created an entire movement in WWE and can play both face and heel.  You will be entertained.  

CM Punk is a guy that I just took to when he was coming out of ECW, or back when WWE bought ECW. He was just a cool wrestler, grinder, didn't take crap.  Reminds you of a lot of the guys in AEW, or some of the past WCW guys.  He is absolutely excellent on the mic.  Would not be surprised if he spends a lot of time on it in AEW. Now he doesn't have a script on the promos.  He can be a guy that will slide in to whatever storyline is needed of him.  He will elevate AEW, hence selling out United Center with a rumor he will be there.  Crazy. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Well said.  The Sting no sell on the table was great.  Loved the script there.  

Bryan Danielson gives it his all every match.  Extremely gifted.  Great promo as well.  Created an entire movement in WWE and can play both face and heel.  You will be entertained.  

CM Punk is a guy that I just took to when he was coming out of ECW, or back when WWE bought ECW. He was just a cool wrestler, grinder, didn't take crap.  Reminds you of a lot of the guys in AEW, or some of the past WCW guys.  He is absolutely excellent on the mic.  Would not be surprised if he spends a lot of time on it in AEW. Now he doesn't have a script on the promos.  He can be a guy that will slide in to whatever storyline is needed of him.  He will elevate AEW, hence selling out United Center with a rumor he will be there.  Crazy. 

Thanks for filling me on on Punk and Danielson!

Enjoyed last night how Darby Allin let Sting have his moment on TNT.

And it's refreshing to see AEW work with other promotions throughout the world to bring the best wrestling to the fans. 

36 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Thanks for filling me on on Punk and Danielson!

Enjoyed last night how Darby Allin let Sting have his moment on TNT.

And it's refreshing to see AEW work with other promotions throughout the world to bring the best wrestling to the fans. 

Absolutely.  Last night was great, including Sammy proposal.  Judas being sung finally got together and it was a great moment.  There were a couple of Oh S***moments last night.  It has been a few episodes since I popped for it, but they had some last night.  To be quite honest, I can't think of what it was lol. 

Oh and Thunder Rosa vs Penelope was easy on the eyes haha. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Absolutely.  Last night was great, including Sammy proposal.  Judas being sung finally got together and it was a great moment.  There were a couple of Oh S***moments last night.  It has been a few episodes since I popped for it, but they had some last night.  To be quite honest, I can't think of what it was lol. 

Oh and Thunder Rosa vs Penelope was easy on the eyes haha. 

Tomorrow night's edition of Rampage should be off the charts. My gut feeling is that something big is going to go down during the show and it's going to be in addition to the CM Punk debut.

• Like 1

Can't wait for tonight.  I agree something big is happening.  The show is only an hour but the 2 of the 3 matches are basically squash which will leave a lot of time for others. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

Can't wait for tonight.  I agree something big is happening.  The show is only an hour but the 2 of the 3 matches are basically squash which will leave a lot of time for others. 

I meant to ask you yesterday what you thought of the John Moxley promo that he cut Wednesday night.

It's kind of interesting that when after the heels and the baby faces. Wonder if he set himself up as a Lone Wolf, take out the established stars and also anybody new that comes in. I kind of got the impression that he's going to be feuding with Punk. I could be wrong. I usually am when it comes to trying to read Tony Khan's mind on how he wants to book AEW.

36 minutes ago, Paladin said:

I meant to ask you yesterday what you thought of the John Moxley promo that he cut Wednesday night.

It's kind of interesting that when after the heels and the baby faces. Wonder if he set himself up as a Lone Wolf, take out the established stars and also anybody new that comes in. I kind of got the impression that he's going to be feuding with Punk. I could be wrong. I usually am when it comes to trying to read Tony Khan's mind on how he wants to book AEW.

It was a darn good promo, but definitely had a feeling of being tired of all these people coming in and trying to take him out.  So i could see a lone wolf angle.  Mox would be a much better angle to take with Punk, than the obvious choice in Darby.  If Ruby non compete was up, I'd say she had a chance to show up.  I think she had to wait another week.  Just in time for All Out. I could see Iconics girls starting any day in AEW or Impact but I think they will come to AEW. I really think Adam Cole is legitimate chance to come to AEW. Unless he gets what he wants in a contract from WWE,I don't think he'll fall for the WWE hook without coming away advantageous.  I think WWE will bury him within a year. 

• Thanks 1

Holy Crap what a POP!!!!

He has arrived!  CM Punk is back!

This is incredible! Been a very long time, if at all, have I heard a wrestling crowd get that loud with a chant.  And he hasn't even spoken yet.