***2018 NSD Thread (Feb 7th)***

aujeff11

18 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I agree

Based on this class so far while UGA and Clemson hurt us in recruiting I believe UGA and Clemson hurt bama more. While we were hoping for Walker and Ross bama expected to get them.  Most teams would be tickled pink with bama recruiting class this year but for them it was a huge letdown. We pretty much stayed where we always do around number 10 give or take a position or two. Add to that if UT improves under new coach it will become a  game that bama could lose as opposed to a game to give reps to younger players.  This type of recruiting class brings bama closer to other teams. If it happens a couple years in a row Saban might decide to go.

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

So what are we waiting for at this point and what seems likely?

Not sure if it means anything, but Auburn announced that they were doing a signing day wrap-up show at 2 pm... 30 minutes before Johnson and and hour and a half before Langham are set to announce.

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

So what are we waiting for at this point and what seems likely?

Kirby to move on to the NFL...don't know how likely.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Absolutely, if we evolve the offense more towards Chip's style and Stidham's abilities we can win every game.  Grimes with the offensive line I think we will see them work more as a unit, there is more talent on the line next year than last year, they just need to reach it.  Defensive front can help cover the youth in the secondary.

I think that Gus realizes that Chip has a ton more to offer to move our offense towards being the best in the SEC. We saw glimpses of this last season and I think we will see this considerably more in 2018. All is not bad in the cupboard by any means!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, around4ever said:

I'm just getting caught up. I'll bet lil nicki is pissed that Kirby stole Quay Walker from him. ?

Although we haven’t signed anyone new today, I have rather enjoyed that side show.

Just now, AuburnNTexas said:

Based on this class so far while UGA and Clemson hurt us in recruiting I believe UGA and Clemson hurt bama more. While we were hoping for Walker and Ross bama expected to get them.  Most teams would be tickled pink with bama recruiting class this year but for them it was a huge letdown. We pretty much stayed where we always do around number 10 give or take a position or two. Add to that if UT improves under new coach it will become a  game that bama could lose as opposed to a game to give reps to younger players.  This type of recruiting class brings bama closer to other teams. If it happens a couple years in a row Saban might decide to go.

Looking at their 247 recruiting page, you'd think they had the worst day ever. Lots of "committed to" or "signed with" other schools on there.

Seems like a lot of whiffs this recruiting cycle. Would like to see a massive push to be #1 next year but it seems like anytime we pull out something fancy it gets banned.

• Like 1

Guys, it's been fun. I was hoping for a few more surprises today, but I'll take the solid class we've put together. I'm headed back to the basketball forum. It's safer over there. Auburn is like 21-2 or something. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

My real concern is the head start UGA is already getting on next years class too. Three 5* players and four 4* those 5* are in like the top 10 too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

My real concern is the head start UGA is already getting on next years class too. Three 5* players and four 4* those 5* are in like the top 10 too.

That train ain't stopping.  We need to up our game.

Image result for gif of getting ran over

Leg humpers gotta like  Kirby still getting this much traction after a 2 loss season that included getting his snot beat out by Auburn first time around.

(It's my team and my forum and I'll pump sunshine whenever I want to. So to speak). :jossun:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I attempted to react to this with the angry emoticon but I'm out of reactions for today.

Edited by Zeek

21 minutes ago, around4ever said:

I'm just getting caught up. I'll bet lil nicki is pissed that Kirby stole Quay Walker from him. ?

Probably is. Unfortunately for us, there are two new sheriffs in town and neither one are wearing an AU hat,

17 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Seems like a lot of whiffs this recruiting cycle. Would like to see a massive push to be #1 next year but it seems like anytime we pull out something fancy it gets banned.

Yep. Without Alabama level of diplomatic immunity we'll probably never see a number one recruiting class.

12 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

The class they have started for next year is already insane. They could almost fill out the rest with 3* and still be a top 10 class.

#1 WR

#3 DE

#2 WR

#11 CB

#6 TE

#13 OLB

#39 OT (although this also means there are 38+ 4* Offensive Tackles)

Edited by Zeek

27 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Not sure if it means anything, but Auburn announced that they were doing a signing day wrap-up show at 2 pm... 30 minutes before Johnson and and hour and a half before Langham are set to announce.

3pm is when Gus has his PC.

14 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

KS hit Athens at the right time when there is a bumper crop of talent in the state....his recruiting is going to look good just because he is right in the middle of a gold mine of talent.

It would help our case if the state of Alabama would turn out some good HS players .....we  can't depend on out-fighting UGA on their home turf for the better players in that state...we will get some good guys but the dawgs are going to get most of them...no matter who is coaching there.  

8 minutes ago, Zeek said:

The class they have started for next year is already insane. They could almost fill out the rest with 3* and still be a top 10 class.

#1 WR

#3 DE

#2 WR

#11 CB

#6 TE

#13 OLB

#39 OT (although this also means there are 38+ 4* Offensive Tackles)

I like our chances for the 2019 class.  

any news yet on Johnson & Langham?  We should know something by now.

1 minute ago, doc4aday said:

any news yet on Johnson & Langham?  We should know something by now.

Look a the first post doc.  They haven't had their announcements yet.