***2018 NSD Thread (Feb 7th)***

aujeff11

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I'm fairly confident Kirby sacrificed his barber for this

He has a barber????  I thought he did it himself.  Just one nice slice across the front with the scissors.  Nice and even.

You know who is having a bad day today is Alabama.  Two big decommitments and lost out on Ross.  Their linebacker corps will have bigger depth issues than they did this year.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, AUIH1 said:

So in your opinion, we have enough talent on the roster  and in this  class to beat both uga and spuat.?  I think we do.

wde

Absolutely, if we evolve the offense more towards Chip's style and Stidham's abilities we can win every game.  Grimes with the offensive line I think we will see them work more as a unit, there is more talent on the line next year than last year, they just need to reach it.  Defensive front can help cover the youth in the secondary.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

To me, the fact that UGA and BAMA will be ultra competitive should bring excitement. Maybe that is just me and my competitive nature, but if I was an athlete I would love that idea because at the next level, you are facing UGA and Bama talent every dang week. As LF put it bluntly, the speed in the NFL is the same speed he faced in the SEC. I imagine talent wise as well.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yes. I know you weren’t asking me though hahaha but reality is we get top ten classes every year. Time to stop the woe is me and acting like we belong . Not saying you are doing this btw, bud. 

Not doing that.  Just fishing.

wde

2 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Absolutely, if we evolve the offense more towards Chip's style and Stidham's abilities we can win every game.  Grimes with the offensive line I think we will see them work more as a unit, there is more talent on the line next year than last year, they just need to reach it.  Defensive front can help cover the youth in the secondary.

So your saying no.

Edited by NorthGATiger
  • Haha 3

It's time to start seeing bammer erode. Saban will retire in the next two years. That's my lock of the day of the year. LOL

Seriously. Emmert is about to get a root canal and Saban will walk away when that happens.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NorthGATiger said:

He has a barber????  I thought he did it himself.  Just one nice slice across the front with the scissors.  Nice and even.

He doesn't have one anymore. Now he's definitely doing it himself. Sometimes he'll try it with his eyes closed

Just now, auburnphan said:

Thanks and I agree. 

wde

Just now, autigeremt said:

It's time to start seeing bammer erode. Saban will retire in the next two years. That's my lock of the day of the year. LOL

Seriously. Emmert is about to get a root canal and Saban will walk away when that happens.

LMAO, spuat is not eroding.   uga is rising.

wde

1 minute ago, autigeremt said:

I agree

3 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Just wish it would have happened without him being replaced by another pain in our butt in the other direction.

1 minute ago, AUIH1 said:

Thanks and I agree. 

wde

That "IF" is like getting a bama fan to spell dentist.  Or like confusing a UGA player by making him use uncle and father in the same sentence.  It ain't happening under Gus.  Chip calls Gus' offense.  When Chip came to Auburn he no longer had an offensive style.  Not being ugly but it is what it is.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Just wish it would have happened without him being replaced by another pain in our butt in the other direction.

UGA now is reminding me of Bammer circa 2008 ?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

We got Derrick Brown when Smart was already the coach at UGA for what it's worth.

I think we would have gotten him this year as well. Brown and his family are cut from a different cloth. Substance matters to them. Landing a helicopter at his school on NSD wasn't what would win him over. Love me some DB!

1 hour ago, looney said:

Are there any stories floating around out there about how an eventual AU commit/signee trolled another school's fanbase?

It seems like it happens to us frequently. UT obviously got a dose of it today. I'm sure it happens all the time, but I don't remember ever hearing about an Auburn commit being disrespectful to another school - but I could just be living in an AU bubble.

I've been thinking about this today. If I were a coach, I like to think I'd tell recruits to avoid that sort of disrespectful showmanship at a signing/commitment ceremony, that they should be graceful in acknowledging the schools and coaches that recruited them, and thank them, but state their intention to attend X university - or if they're unable to handle it like that, take their show somewhere else.

I would love to know this as well. 

If a school ever asked my kid to troll, I would tell my kid we need to find another school. 

Just now, WFE12 said:

SIAP but this is awesome

LOVE HIM! Congrats on such a big day @Momma Worm!!!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

By Position:

Defense - Solid class meets our most pressing needs and builds some depth  still waiting on on word on  K Fuqua

DL - Solid with a couple of players who could be DE or LB so could help in both areas

R Jibunor DE/LB

C Johnson DE/LB

C Miller DT

D NewKirk SDE/DT

K Oladele DE

DB -  Met Our needs K Fuqua S still waiting on word

J Sherwood S

Q Monday S

J Marsh TBD

C McCreary CB

C Tutt CB

LB - Probably needed one more but Jibunor, Johnson or Marsh may end up here

M Harris MLB

Z McClain - OLB

Offense - Very good class would be great with a couple of OT's have to address that next year, also no true TE

QB - another would be nice for depth but we got the one we needed

J Gatewood QB

RB - Very good group if Joiner makes it and develops a great class

A Martin - RB a stud we are in great shape with him

S Shivers - RB he is going to help us in a lot of different ways great pickup. Speed to burn

H Joiner - RB/HB/TE - Versatile all the tools questions around toughness and grades. If he gets his grades I think he will be better than many think.

O-Line - No OT's

J Irvin G - Solid Potential

K Stutts G - Solid Potential

WR - Great Class depth and quality

M Hill - WR may have ability to Switch to S Goof size

A Schwartz - WR speed to burn

S Jackson - WR Big Body may also have ability to switch to S

S Williams - WR Very good receiver

TE - Maybe Joiner

Special Teams - With Siposs as Punter and Younger Carlson we should have elite kicking for next few years. Should be a big improvement over last year where Special teams was a weakness.

A Siposs - Badly need Elite Punter

Between incoming Linebackers, Wide Receivers, and DB's we should have an upgrade on Special teams

While I would have loved to have gotten two great OT's and a great TE we met all of our needs and with people returning we should be better next year than this year assuming Grimes can meld a solid O-Line out of existing players. We also lost some great DB's but I think existing players can do the job but will need some help from the newly signed players for depth and if good enough as starters.

Edited by AuburnNTexas

46 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

I'm with you Bird and I wish I was geared more that way.  Unfortunately Texas is a long way from these GA idiots and it is shoved down your throat like the english peas you hated as a kid and were made to take at least one bite

Laughs. You too, huh.

Thats rich.

I really wanted a good tight end in this class but hopefully someone will step in. I hate not seeing that option for us. What's up with Sal? Was he just not able to fill the role?

So what are we waiting for at this point and what seems likely?