Men vs. uat

WarTiger

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Tonight we saw why CHUMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAA has the most nba potential over all the eligible guys!!!!! Even over mustapha for me. OMGSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A STAR MAKING PERFORMANCE TONIGHT!!!!!!!!! Super clutch! He used and abused one of the tallest and biggest front lines in the league!!! That was incredible!!!! I AM IN SPORTS LOVE!!! WOOOOO!!!!!! LETS HEAR IT AGAIN FOR CHUMAAAAAA OKEKE!!!!!!!!!!!! WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!!! Let this ride never end!!!

I always love your enthusiasm, my brother!!!

This team had every reason in the world to lose tonight, but they brought more passion than a @GwillMac6 post after an Iron Bowl win!   This team is really special!  (Only the 2nd time in my life I’ve said that about an AU basketball team, which makes it even more special!)

Waaaaaaaaarrrrrr Eagle!!!!!!

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We outrebounded them 41-35 with our starting 5 out and his backup only playing 17 minutes due to fouls, a wing player having to act as his emergency backup (and owning that s***) and a 6’3 dude at 4.

I seriously thought Hall was going to own the paint tonight. I was wrong. Very wrong. Chuma Okeke is a shining golden god. 

36 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Darn it!

Sounds like I'm gonna end up liking him?!?

Sounded like an ordinary teenager...Would never think that he is such a good player...just needs a decent haircut...?

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

I missed most of the game because I'm on business travel this week, but stopping into say HELL YES! 

Find a replay when you can...it is worth watching even when you know the outcome.

Just read a couple of articles on the game on al.com. Avery Johnson had, in my opinion, a great quote. "They played more desperately than we did." Even the rabid love for the bams media, they all pretty much agreed they stunk up the place. I'm glad to say Auburn had everything to do with that.

22 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I always love your enthusiasm, my brother!!!

This team had every reason in the world to lose tonight, but they brought more passion than a @GwillMac6 post after an Iron Bowl win!   This team is really special!  (Only the 2nd time in my life I’ve said that about an AU basketball team, which makes it even more special!)

Waaaaaaaaarrrrrr Eagle!!!!!!

It is why I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooove Bruce so much and he is my favorite AU coach ever for any sport!!!!!! I speak his language!!!! I get his personality!!! It is why I struggle to wrap my arms around gus! lol. I AGREE!!! THIS TEAM HAS IT!!!!!!! Even at usc lite saturday they responded in a big way after that gruesome injury and being down big! The win today started saturday afternoon with the fight and grit displayed! WAR EAGLE! It is always great to beat a bama team and especially when we whoop dat a$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$! lol LETS GOOOO!!!!! WOOOO!!!!!

29 minutes ago, AUDub said:

We outrebounded them 41-35 with our starting 5 out and his backup only playing 17 minutes due to fouls, a wing player having to act as his emergency backup (and owning that s***) and a 6’3 dude at 4.

I seriously thought Hall was going to own the paint tonight. I was wrong. Very wrong. Chuma Okeke is a shining golden god. 

Going to watch Almost Famous now.:hellyeah:

9 hours ago, AU64 said:

Watched the bama post game.....they gave AU plenty of credit for the win.....Sexton seemed like a nice kid, well spoken and handled the interview well......better people than most of the bama fans that we run across in our daily lives.  

well he's just passing through

He's not really a bammer as a person he just happens to wear the uniform

8 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

Hmmm wonder what the lead story on al.commie is...

Screenshot_20180221-221514.png

Your phone is about to die...  Try turning off your Bluetooth until you get a charger, and you need better service as you only have two bars...  And go to bed!  It is 15 minutes past your bedtime! :coffee:

8 hours ago, corchjay said:

That’s ridiculous!  What’s the excuse this time?  It’s a sportsmanship trophy.  If you aren’t going to honor the sportsmanship portion then don’t give the trophy.  Next time we lose to them I say we just keep the trophy.

If it’s any consolation, they can’t sing their own fight song past the first 5 words either.

I don’t know how AU SGA presidents do at singing there’s, but I’d be fine with doing away with that part. Present trophy, celebrate, and everyone sing the fight song. The extra humiliation isn’t really necessary, and making someone sing a song they don’t really know isn’t fun. You know they aren’t practicing all week in the shower to get it just right like Tanya did for her Sunday morning testimony in song.

22 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Your phone is about to die...  Try turning off your Bluetooth until you get a charger, and you need better service as you only have two bars...  And go to bed!  It is 15 minutes past your bedtime! :coffee:

Hahahahaha a Power Meter photo bomb! Mom, is that you....?? Thanks for the tips...I was an iPhone man until I got the Galaxy last December and I haven't larnt all the tricks. 

10 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Crap, crap, crap! Missing the best game ever! Do they replay BB like they do FB? So excited to go to the game on 3/3!

The SEC network replays some of them, but you'll have to scan for the times and probably use your DVD. Late hours seem to be their most frequent time.

24 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Not really digging them booing the uat SGA president’s speech:

Agree, however I was there and they wern’t booing her, and didn’t boo from the start, (which the video doesn’t show) they were booing the fact that she said we are teammates etc....  it was a poorly written speech, but she is a bammer after all. 

Also, pretty classless that she broke tradition and didn’t sing our fight song; but again, she is a bammer, so what should we expect?

9 hours ago, jared52 said:

Sexton helped several AU players up during collisions and was generally very respectable on the floor. Felt that way about their whole team tonight. That’s rare for me and a uat team. 

Even with the crowd yelling 'Dirty Mop" every time he had the ball. ^-^

2 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

Even with the crowd yelling 'Dirty Mop" every time he had the ball. ^-^

Or "Chia Pet."

To be honest, I don't really like the taunting of the opposing team's players by our fans.  I never really liked the "Sit down; you suck!' thing, or the 'airball' thing.  The opposing team's players work their butts off just like our players do. 

But I guess fans will be fans, and now it's just part of the game.

3 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

To be honest, I don't really like the taunting of the opposing team's players by our fans.  I never really liked the "Sit down; you suck!' thing, or the 'airball' thing.  The opposing team's players work their butts off just like our players do. 

Shooting fouls and stuff like that is OK....but keep it clean....just gotta let it go when the game is over.    

And I never understand why kids who were friends in HS all of a sudden are supposed to hate each other because they chose separate universities? :-\

Thought the young woman did just fine....clapped in time with the War Eagle song.....that's enough for me at least.  

And nice that the trophy is back home. 

10 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

To be honest, that is part of the home court/field advantage.  These guys are big time college athletes getting their education (and probably more at UAT) paid for.  That is all part of the game.  They have to have thick skin and mental toughness.  The game ain't for sissies.  I know it seems classless, but the players probably can't even hear it or it doesn't bother them.  If it does bother them, they may want to pick a different sport.

As far as the fans go, as long as there are not racial slurs or bad language, I'm good with them hammering any opponent (not just UAT) and being as ruthless as possible.

And as far as the UAT SGA president, she knew when she either ran for or was appointed to that position that this was all part of it.  You don't want to get booed, don't become the SGA president.  I thought she handled it well.

Archived