Men vs. uat

WarTiger

1 hour ago, Texan4Auburn said:

I read an article on her cause she was taking over for the resigned SGA president that talked about her having to do this. She didn't even know the tradition was still going on despite Auburn holding up it's end every year.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2018/02/alabama_sga_president_cant_lie.html#incart_river_index

Ok that sums it up.  She knew she was going to have to before the game but chose not to.  She had her chance IMO so the booing was justified.  I wasn't there but if she was talking about the Alabama NC she deserved to be booed.  Know your audience, Public Speaking 101.  But then again I know it's very hard for some Bama fans to hear it, but not everyone is a Bama fan and not everyone wants to hear about them.  Doesn't mean she had to talk about Auburn but sure as hell don't come in talking about a Bama NC.  If she needed a drink afterwards to help take the edge off I'm sure her predecessor could help her out. 

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One other observation about the post game....was remembering that Sexton and Harper were team mates in HS....Harper a year older but thinking back, it was interesting how similar they were....small town guys, no braggadocio, just good kids talking about the game and complimenting their team and their opponents.  Playing against those two quick guys must have been an experience for the typical HS player.

Both kids did their school and town proud.   It was refreshing to see that in era of the Ball family and kids tying to promote themselves at every opportunity.  And I'm gonna be glad to see Sexton moving on to the NBA at his earliest opportunity...:)

As for the young lady from U of A.....she mentioned that the State of Alabama had played in the national championships for the past 6 years....so perhaps AU fans have already forgotten that we were included in her comment.  She was bragging about the state....not just U of A.  AU people are too damn sensitive sometimes...

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

One other observation about the post game....was remembering that Sexton and Harper were team mates in HS....Harper a year older but thinking back, it was interesting how similar they were....small town guys, no braggadocio, just good kids talking about the game and complimenting their team and their opponents.  Playing against those two quick guys must have been an experience for the typical HS player.

Both kids did their school and town proud.   It was refreshing to see that in era of the Ball family and kids tying to promote themselves at every opportunity.  And I'm gonna be glad to see Sexton moving on to the NBA at his earliest opportunity...:)

If Harper and Sexton's HS team ever lost a game that coach should be fired lol. They would make one hell of a college backcourt together I can't imagine what kind of problems they were posing for opponents in high school

16 hours ago, AUDub said:

We outrebounded them 41-35 with our starting 5 out and his backup only playing 17 minutes due to fouls, a wing player having to act as his emergency backup (and owning that s***) and a 6’3 dude at 4.

I seriously thought Hall was going to own the paint tonight. I was wrong. Very wrong. Chuma Okeke is a shining golden god. 

Yes. Yes he is......and he's a young one too with the best name in the SEC.

I wonder how long he'll stay at AU before the NBA snatches him up.

21 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Yes. Yes he is......and he's a young one too with the best name in the SEC.

I wonder how long he'll stay at AU before the NBA snatches him up.

Okeke needs at least 3 years at Auburn to develop. Poor guy has soooo much to learn. It would be a disservice to him to go pro earlier than that. I kid, but have no access to yellow font on my phone. I would like see him around for a couple of more years though. Heck, I want them all to stay.  This team is more fun to watch than any basketball team I've ever seen and I saw the 99 and 00 teams as well as the Barkley years. Those were fun but not like this team. What Bruce Pearl is doing is COTY stuff. 

23 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Okeke needs at least 3 years at Auburn to develop. Poor guy has soooo much to learn. It would be a disservice to him to go pro earlier than that. I kid, but have no access to yellow font on my phone. I would like see him around for a couple of more years though. Heck, I want them all to stay.  This team is more fun to watch than any basketball team I've ever seen and I saw the 99 and 00 teams as well as the Barkley years. Those were fun but not like this team. What Bruce Pearl is doing is COTY stuff. 

There is no competition for COTY imo.

Can we just compliment the student section for their glorious cheers last night!? I want to give them major props on the simple but yet very accurate DIRTY MOP cheer!!!! A LOT OF ALABAMA starters have some of the worst collection of hairstyles that I have ever seen?! DO they actually think they look good?!?!? It looks terrible! they look like sideshow bob from the simpsons!!! lol. John Petty and Sexton in particular look ridiculous. I think they are going for the 2015 duke starting 5 haircut but they missed the boat completely and swing and missed! haha. 

e.jpg

er.jpg

tr.jpg

Thought the "dirty mop" cheer was pretty clever......something Duke students usually come up with...... except that now their players look like that too so they have moved along.   But fit the bama guy quite well.......good job AU fans.... :)

sexton has ugly,nasty looking hair, but he is a class act and one helluva' basketball player and  could be the mvp of the league....i think brown should be, depending on the last 3 games, but i am bad prejudiced about this basketball team....i am a realist with football, but i get crazy about basketball,especially this bunch...what they did last night was beyond spectacular

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Thought the "dirty mop" cheer was pretty clever......something Duke students usually come up with...... except that now their players look like that too so they have moved along.   But fit the bama guy quite well.......good job AU fans.... :)

I started calling the mop heads weeks ago. 

7 hours ago, gr82be said:

2002 Iron Bowl is your reference. Carnell Williams, Ronnie Brown and Brandon Johnson (had to look his name up) we're all injured. Tre Smith filled in and had a career performance and Auburn beat Bama in Bryant Denny. I did not catch that autocorrect had changed Tre to The until you posted. Sorry about that. 

Brandon Jacobs. 

23 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Brandon Jacobs. 

Not the same guy. Johnson was the FB. I don't think Jacobs was there in 02. 

As long as no derogatory comments are in the heckling, there is nothing wrong with it IMO. Hearing the Daddy's Boy chant gave me a laugh. We played against a coaches son in a regional game in the playoffs my senior.  Every time he touched the ball, the student section yelled Daddy boy! Repeatedly.  It absolutely effected his play that night.  If the fans can help, so be it. 

I, too, do not like the step step you suck chant. 

With all our depth problems that we've had in these recent years this was such a huge win with only 7 scholly guys. This may come across as a stupid idea but Bruce should look into having some of the football players join the team as replacements for the walk on's after football season. Obviously they would still be 100% dedicated to football but heck if it ever comes down to it again I bet some of the guys on the football team were good high school bball players, at least better than the current walk on's we have now. I know this will never happen and is probably a terrible idea but it would be cool to see. I'd much rather see a guy like Ryan Davis play point guard for two minutes while Harper gets a rest than some guy we find in the rec center.

7 minutes ago, au302 said:

With all our depth problems that we've had in these recent years this was such a huge win with only 7 scholly guys. This may come across as a stupid idea but Bruce should look into having some of the football players join the team as replacements for the walk on's after football season. Obviously they would still be 100% dedicated to football but heck if it ever comes down to it again I bet some of the guys on the football team were good high school bball players, at least better than the current walk on's we have now. I know this will never happen and is probably a terrible idea but it would be cool to see. I'd much rather see a guy like Ryan Davis play point guard for two minutes while Harper gets a rest than some guy we find in the rec center.

The walkons were very good high school players and work their butts off to help improve this team. 

11 hours ago, gr82be said:

Not the same guy. Johnson was the FB. I don't think Jacobs was there in 02. 

You are right, my bad. I just remember that Tre was called 4th string and thought he was behind Ronnie, Carnell, and Jacobs. Not the case: http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/112513aab.html

12 hours ago, Weagle98 said:

Don't mind the "step, step, step" part but the you "suck part" makes me cringe every time.  I think it is classless and wish they would stop. IMO

Agree, it's terrible.  

18 hours ago, AU64 said:

Doesn't uat have a fancy barbershop now, or is that just for the football players? Does that fall under special benefits?

21 hours ago, AUfan_UAgrad said:

Ok that sums it up.  She knew she was going to have to before the game but chose not to.  She had her chance IMO so the booing was justified.  I wasn't there but if she was talking about the Alabama NC she deserved to be booed.  Know your audience, Public Speaking 101.  But then again I know it's very hard for some Bama fans to hear it, but not everyone is a Bama fan and not everyone wants to hear about them.  Doesn't mean she had to talk about Auburn but sure as hell don't come in talking about a Bama NC.  If she needed a drink afterwards to help take the edge off I'm sure her predecessor could help her out. 

We should tell them that we’re not singing next time they win.

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

We should tell them that we’re not singing next time they win.

Do we know that AU sings when they deliver the trophy to bama.?   I .have to admit that I have NEVER watched that happen and never will. ...

Archived