Men vs. uat

WarTiger

1 minute ago, looney said:

Technically - if Florida wins out, including beating us, and we lose out... doesn't it go to them?

Agree, though, Florida winning makes it easier for us.

UF has a tougher schedule than UT. 

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

how the hell do i sleep tonight?.....tied up in knots, not sure how to grasp what these guys just did!!!!!!...this was one of the most awesome wins in AU basketball history

That's one of the best wins across all sports IMHO. 

12 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

how the hell do i sleep tonight?.....tied up in knots, not sure how to grasp what these guys just did!!!!!!...this was one of the most awesome wins in AU basketball history

Copious quantities of beer will do it for me. 

Watched the bama post game.....they gave AU plenty of credit for the win.....Sexton seemed like a nice kid, well spoken and handled the interview well......better people than most of the bama fans that we run across in our daily lives.  

And now, a few words from the dark side:

"We will not win. They want it more than us and are playing every second like its the last. Unreal their hand ball contact. Over and over again their extra effort shows."

"Give credit where credit is due, AU plays VERY hard on both ends of the court. They play like I expected us to play when we hired CAJ."

Frankly, this game makes me physically sick because how Auburn played tonight is exactly what I want us to be. They weren’t the more talented team, but there was never a moment they weren’t the better team. We could never match their intensity and that is why we lost this game."

"Auburn was set up for failure today and we gave up 40 and 50 per half. This was a lack of effort which is very concerning this time of year. They simply our hustled us and that should never happen at home or away."

"This was the worst case game scenario for us. We just got out quicked, out shot and out played by a hobbled Auburn team. I thought it would be a tough out for us but I at least thought it would be close."

"The second half surprised me. I thought Bama would stop AU's scoring but it only got worse. AU has quick, skilled players at every position and they look like they have played together for a while though they are basically about a year older than Bama's team."

"It seemed like once Auburn started nailing the three's, (and the two plus ones), we just wilted. What is it with this team on the road?"

And my personal favorite:

"One last comment, and then I’m done piling on. I hate Bruce Pearl with a passion. I think he’s a dirty, lying, sleazeball of a human being. But there’s one area where I respect the hell out of the man, he is a master motivator. He can turn any minor negative into a driving force that unifies his team and channels every last ounce of effort out of them. He’s done it all season and he’s turned a better than average team into a legitimate final 4 contender. 

I wish to God we had that on our staff. I never thought I’d say this, but I’m starting to feel like I’m watching Grant again when things go sour. Avery starts to withdraw into the same shell, doesn’t make adjustments, and doesn’t light a fire under the team when the shots aren’t dropping. In no way am I calling for Johnson’s job. I still think he’s the best man for it right now. However he’s not the motivator I thought he would be. 

Last week we faced a Kentucky team that was in a can’t lose game. They responded and we folded when it counted. Tonight we had a clear advantage over an overmatched squad. Instead we played right into their wheelhouse and we folded once again. The next three games are now in must win territory and none of them will be easy wins."

12 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Watched the bama post game.....they gave AU plenty of credit for the win.....Sexton seemed like a nice kid, well spoken and handled the interview well......better people than most of the bama fans that we run across in our daily lives.  

Darn it!

Sounds like I'm gonna end up liking him?!?

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Sexton helped several AU players up during collisions and was generally very respectable on the floor. Felt that way about their whole team tonight. That’s rare for me and a uat team. 

8 minutes ago, homersapien said:

"We will not win. They want it more than us and are playing every second like its the last. Unreal their hand ball contact. Over and over again their extra effort shows."

"Give credit where credit is due, AU plays VERY hard on both ends of the court. They play like I expected us to play when we hired CAJ."

Frankly, this game makes me physically sick because how Auburn played tonight is exactly what I want us to be. They weren’t the more talented team, but there was never a moment they weren’t the better team. We could never match their intensity and that is why we lost this game."

"Auburn was set up for failure today and we gave up 40 and 50 per half. This was a lack of effort which is very concerning this time of year. They simply our hustled us and that should never happen at home or away."

"This was the worst case game scenario for us. We just got out quicked, out shot and out played by a hobbled Auburn team. I thought it would be a tough out for us but I at least thought it would be close."

"The second half surprised me. I thought Bama would stop AU's scoring but it only got worse. AU has quick, skilled players at every position and they look like they have played together for a while though they are basically about a year older than Bama's team."

"It seemed like once Auburn started nailing the three's, (and the two plus ones), we just wilted. What is it with this team on the road?"

"One last comment, and then I’m done piling on. I hate Bruce Pearl with a passion. I think he’s a dirty, lying, sleazeball of a human being. But there’s one area where I respect the hell out of the man, he is a master motivator. He can turn any minor negative into a driving force that unifies his team and channels every last ounce of effort out of them. He’s done it all season and he’s turned a better than average team into a legitimate final 4 contender. 

I wish to God we had that on our staff. I never thought I’d say this, but I’m starting to feel like I’m watching Grant again when things go sour. Avery starts to withdraw into the same shell, doesn’t make adjustments, and doesn’t light a fire under the team when the shots aren’t dropping. In no way am I calling for Johnson’s job. I still think he’s the best man for it right now. However he’s not the motivator I thought he would be. 

Last week we faced a Kentucky team that was in a can’t lose game. They responded and we folded when it counted. Tonight we had a clear advantage over an overmatched squad. Instead we played right into their wheelhouse and we folded once again. The next three games are now in must win territory and none of them will be easy wins."

LOL I was negabarning hard in that thread. 

2 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Sexton helped several AU players up during collisions and was generally very respectable on the floor. Felt that way about their whole team tonight. That’s rare for me and a uat team. 

I'm with you.

The players from both teams played like gentlemen.

That sentiment was probably started by Sexton from what I could tell.  Still trying hard not to like him though.  Hoping he is truly one and done and takes that other kid with him.  

12 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Irony alarm. Thinks Bruce is sleazeball but Saban is ok?

"There is no better place for college basketball in American than Auburn University."

- Coach Bruce Pearl

Tonight we saw why CHUMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAA has the most nba potential over all the eligible guys!!!!! Even over mustapha for me. OMGSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A STAR MAKING PERFORMANCE TONIGHT!!!!!!!!! Super clutch! He used and abused one of the tallest and biggest front lines in the league!!! That was incredible!!!! I AM IN SPORTS LOVE!!! WOOOOO!!!!!! LETS HEAR IT AGAIN FOR CHUMAAAAAA OKEKE!!!!!!!!!!!! WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!!! Let this ride never end!!!

Funny how a UA alum that works for ESPN tweets that auburn fans are yelling racist things at players, wow, just wow. Within 5 mins of the tweet, it’s deleted lol. 

Just now, tallgraycat said:

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That’s ridiculous!  What’s the excuse this time?  It’s a sportsmanship trophy.  If you aren’t going to honor the sportsmanship portion then don’t give the trophy.  Next time we lose to them I say we just keep the trophy.

Archived