What do you think?

API50

I believe Gibbs will turn out to be the best secondary coach we have had...including Brother Oliver who I rank wayyyyy up there. As such, I think we will not skip a beat in secondary play starting with the Ga. Tech game. Auburn is loaded with talent. TT has had us in the runing for the West champ every since he has been here except his first year. I still say we will win the West even with a new QB, RBs and revamped secondary.

I believe Gibbs will turn out to be the best secondary coach we have had...including Brother Oliver who I rank wayyyyy up there. As such, I think we will not skip a beat in secondary play starting with the Ga. Tech game.  Auburn is loaded with talent.  TT has had us in the runing for the West champ every since he has been here except his first year. I still say we will win the West even with a new QB, RBs and revamped secondary.

151622[/snapback]

I think you think like I think. AU is the team to beat next year. I like what Gibbs brings to the table -- a bump & run style of play. Chizik didn't play much of that last year at all. The only thing that concerns me is the rash of injuries to the starting LBs & DTs. On the bright side, AU gets to develop its depth at those positions. But, we'll need them all healed by August. WDE :au:

I think Gibbs stepped in "you know what"...and AU has the best secondary talent we've EVER seen here...and I've been watching since the early 50's! :)

:au::homer:

McClover may be the new Freeney/Kearse prototype. He was all over that field and played against some of the best OL we have...

API50 is right. I think our D could scary good next year. We gave up a few too many yards in between the 20s, but shut down the Endzone.

I believe Gibbs will turn out to be the best secondary coach we have had...including Brother Oliver who I rank wayyyyy up there. As such, I think we will not skip a beat in secondary play starting with the Ga. Tech game.  Auburn is loaded with talent.  TT has had us in the runing for the West champ every since he has been here except his first year. I still say we will win the West even with a new QB, RBs and revamped secondary.

151622[/snapback]

I think you think like I think. AU is the team to beat next year. I like what Gibbs brings to the table -- a bump & run style of play. Chizik didn't play much of that last year at all. The only thing that concerns me is the rash of injuries to the starting LBs & DTs. On the bright side, AU gets to develop its depth at those positions. But, we'll need them all healed by August. WDE :au:

151661[/snapback]

I think you think like I think and he thinks like I think. Scary isn't it? :P

If McClover & Groves can continue to get better and play the run as well as they play rush the passer, they could be phenomenal. If injuries are minimal on both sides of the ball and Cox continues to get better, AU should be in every game this year.

This years recruiting class was pretty good but I don't see any where on the depth chart where any of these kids could get significant playing time. If I am not mistaken that is the first time I have seen that since CTT has been at AU. No FR or RSFR starters across the board says a lot about the type kids CTT & staff are bring in.

:au::au: WDE!!!!! :au::au:

I think our defense is once again going to be among the best in the conference and the nation, as we've come to expect from Tuberville. I like the fact that even though we withheld a lot of the blitzing and such for A-day the defense was still very aggressive, and it worked in their favor. It goes without saying that if your front 4 can get pressure, that helps a lot when you have a somewhat inexperienced secondary. A lot of people are talking about all the talent we lost in Carlos, Junior, Jay, and the 2 ends.... I seem to remember people saying the same thing when we lost 2 All-everything LBs and 3 outstanding D-lineman after 2003, and what happened then? Our defense actually got better. It's not likely we will repeat that, but I also dont' expect a drastic dropoff. Like someone else said, if our offense can put up 20 points every game, we'll be hard to beat. Of course, that's pretty much been the case ever since Tubs has been our coach, but last year we actually did it consistently. I still don't expect this year to come close to what we did last year, but I don't see why our defense can't at least keep us in every game we play.

Well said. The defense will again be GREAT. The offense has a ton of weapons and needs only to get more reps and form a bond with one another. BC will get better with every game at the qb position and Tre and Co. will not allow too much of a drop off at the rb position. We have VERY good recievers and should have a very good "O" line.

This will be another good year. Maybe not GREAT, but, very good. :au:

WAR EAGLE....ONE at a time. :au:

Archived