Feds Raid Office of Trump Lawyer Who Paid Off Stormy Daniels. This Is a Big Deal.

AUDub

3 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

This is comedic ... now i apparently ****** up by inferring that Tex meant the execution of the warrants is a bad sign for Trump. 

if you are concerned by what has been the ******* or anything else said here you are in trouble Nola. One message at the end of the day.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

This is comedic ... now i apparently ****** up by inferring that Tex meant the execution of the warrants is a bad sign for Trump. 

You ****** up by not admitting to exactly what Tex actually wrote.

Then you ****** up repeatedly doubling down on that factual error.

And now you are ******* up by suggesting this is not a bad sign for Trump. 

Trump certainly thinks so:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/04/09/michael-cohen-fbi-records-trump-daniels-510921

20 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

and i thank you for the apology Brother Tex.

Time to pray to Trump and turn in for the night. More great news tomorrow.

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

As an aside, I love when Proud comes rolling through liking everything he sees that comes from anyone other than us. Still funny. 

And he wonders why it took so long for him to have that ability given back to him. 

Just now, homersapien said:

You ****** up by not admitting to exactly what Tex actually wrote.

I didn't deny what he wrote, half-wit. I made an inference from it. Goodness. Read the thread.

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Then you ****** up repeatedly doubling down on that factual error.

There's no factual error. 

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

And now you are ******* up by suggesting this is not a bad sign for Trump.  Trump certainly thinks so:

So, now we get to the good stuff. Why don't you respond to my warrant comment then?

Just now, TitanTiger said:

And he wonders why it took so long for him to have that ability given back to him. 

I apologize for the mess. I can’t help myself when these threads go off on a tangent like this. :laugh:

3 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I didn't deny what he wrote, half-wit. I made an inference from it. Goodness. Read the thread.

No, you treated what you heard as what was said and ran with it from there. Again, bad form, Counsellor. 

There's no factual error. 

Other than the one you doubled down on, you mean. 

So, now we get to the good stuff. Why don't you respond to my warrant comment then?

Because your post isn’t “the good stuff.” It’s meaningless chaff meant to distract from your **** up. 

Hopefully this ends swiftly regardless of outcome...........Maybe then we can focus on more pressing matters.............

Underage sex traffing, that wierd sex island, and creepy Uncle Joe

Just now, AUDub said:

Because your post isn’t “the good stuff.” It’s meaningless chaff meant to distract from your **** up.

I didn't say that my post was the good stuff. I literally just said that about Homer's post. 

Hell its applicable to what Homer said just now. 

I admire how your tribe talks alike. 

21 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Hopefully this ends swiftly regardless of outcome...........Maybe then we can focus on more pressing matters.............

Underage sex traffing, that wierd sex island, and creepy Uncle Joe

Tell us more. And tell S.C. I was a huge fan of his. 

19 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

The problem with your analysis of what was said is that it necessarily assumes that I defied logic by my inference, i.e., that my inference was illogical.

There is no problem. You ran with a false dichotomy. Simple as that. 

Unless you're the arbiter of such a determination, it is indeed an endless endeavor. That's not something that you have substantiated. Reasonable minds could differ.

You’re entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts. Formal logic is a hard discipline, like math. Formulaically, you ****** up. No two ways about it.  

So to say that I have somehow failed in the area of logic isn't an accurate statement. Tribal support doesn't cut it, nor does screaming out "fallacy"

It’s very accurate. As I said, there’s nothing fuzzy about logic. Even the support of my “tribe” means nothing in the face of cold, hard facts. 

(they don't teach fallacies in law school, for good reason).  

The extent of my formal education is Boolean logic, yet even I know a formal logical **** up when I see one.

But, yeah, even though you weren’t taught any formal logic in law school, your profession kind of depends on it. Legal analysis is an exercise in formal logic. The basic lawyering skill of looking at the facts of the case and applying the law is logic. Legal briefs, published cases and contracts are all logical arguments within a closed system with it's own internal logic.

In short, I expect proficiency from my attorneys, even if they don’t mean to apply it in practice (because, let’s face it, appeals to emotion and broad principles (of fairness, justice, mercy, whatever) seem to be more effective in convincing both triers of fact and of law than arguments based on syllogistic argument).

Furthermore, the attribute of being proficient in logic isn't unique to the legal profession.

Didn’t say it was.

One may presume that such an attribute is of such a general nature, that perhaps it cannot be restricted to a particular field - as seemingly you've done.

See above.

You say I have failed utterly but the only appeal to authority you have to make such a statement is, well, yourself (and perhaps the "tribe," but that's not really a surprise).

And you’re again implying things that were not said. 

These rules that you are applying operate as a fiction.

What “rules?” Formal logic?

There is no codal requirement that what is said must be taken on its face, thus abrogating inferences drawn therefrom.

In the serious forum, we do not lay traps or jerk each other around. That belongs in the smack board, where non-serious debate takes place. We fess up if we **** up, we put our best foot forward to present our arguments as convincingly as possible without eing underhanded. Period. 

The notion that everyone on here interprets, or should interpret, what is said in a 'strict constructionist' manner is simply untrue. 

What bull****. This is a fancy way of saying “don’t take my words at face value.”

Lastly, I would add that my capacity as a lawyer and my analysis of Tex's statement are not intertwined, nor are they so by default. 

So you’re only playing a persona here? Noted. 

I guarantee you that if I made such an inference against a statement made by PT, you would be utterly silent.

Tu quoque.

Sound reason tells me why you took dispute in the first place.

I took it because I spotted it. If homer had spouted such bull****, he would have been called on it, and I hope he would do likewise were I to make such a mistake. Keeping each other honest helps us grow. 

But I won't go there - I might get "pilloried" again by the self-proclaimed intellectual giant. 

I will readily admit there are many here that would run rings around me in a proper argument. Shall I name them?

9 minutes ago, alexava said:

Tell us more. And tell S.C. I was a huge fan of his. 

S.C. is a great guy, known him his whole life...........lol.............he called me one night to tell me he heard me call in Pat Dye show asking about Pedro Cherry's status after being injured......

1 minute ago, kevon67 said:

S.C. is a great guy, known him his whole life...........lol.............he called me one night to tell me he heard me call in Pat Dye show asking about Pedro Cherry's status after being injured.

I thought he was railroaded pretty bad. 

7 minutes ago, alexava said:

I thought he was railroaded pretty bad. 

Railroading started rearing head with his last opponent district seat..........Nasty..........Most recent yes indeed...........SC is very good man, by the book mentality, heart of gold.

2 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Railroading started rearing head with his last opponent district seat..........Nasty..........Most recent yes indeed...........SC is very good man, by the book mentality, heart of gold.

I don't know anything about the opponent. It's the guv that got my interest. SC seemed like he had absolutely nothing to hide. He could have been a conman for all i knew but he sold himself to me. That is totally based on the public info.

7 hours ago, AUDub said:

I apologize for the mess. I can’t help myself when these threads go off on a tangent like this. :laugh:

No biggie.  I finally just moved it to the smack forum.

As far as PT's 'like' spasms, he's also pouting a bit because he got a short vacation for the umpteenth instance of him bitching about moderating around here.  So there's that.  

This whole thread:

Blue Team: waah waah waah waah

Red Team: waah waah waah waah

Blue Team: Waah Waah Waah

Red Team: Waah Waah Waah

Blue Team: WAAAH WAAH WAAH!

Red Team: WAAAH WAAH WAAH!

Just sit back and watch. The Obstruction and/or Money Laundering going back as far as 2010 is about to bite a lot of folks.

No question that this is part of the Russia investigation....just heard that Stormy Daniels is really Stormeski Danlieslav who it turns out, is a sleeper KBG agent sent by Putin to compromise DT. 

Muller will have all the available and relevant information soon and let us know ....just be patient.......:-\

38 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

This whole thread:

Blue Team: waah waah waah waah

Red Team: waah waah waah waah

Blue Team: Waah Waah Waah

Red Team: Waah Waah Waah

Blue Team: WAAAH WAAH WAAH!

Red Team: WAAAH WAAH WAAH!

Just sit back and watch. The Obstruction and/or Money Laundering going back as far as 2010 is about to bite a lot of folks.

This "debate" with Nola had nothing to do with politics DKW.  It's about intellectual honesty.

5 hours ago, alexava said:

I don't know anything about the opponent. It's the guv that got my interest. SC seemed like he had absolutely nothing to hide. He could have been a conman for all i knew but he sold himself to me. That is totally based on the public info.

Former guv and SC had a good friendship as well as working relationship in Montgomery.........In my honest opinion I believe guv figured SC would turn a blind eye and back his bs.........when that didnt work an arogant power hungry guv alligned himself with those dirty liked minded thinkers within and went on the attack...

.........typical politics............

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/04/09/fbi-raid-michael-cohen-donald-trump-robert-mueller-217841

LAW AND ORDER

The FBI Raids on Trump’s Attorney Are Bad News for Trump

Special Counsel Robert Mueller would not do this lightly.

.... No wonder he’s lashing out wildly—calling the raids “a disgraceful situation” and, absurdly, “an attack on our country.”

The evidence sought by investigators reportedly relates to bank fraud and campaign finance violations, both of which primarily point to one thing. Cohen apparently used a home equity credit line to borrow the $130,000 he paid Stormy Daniels for her silence just weeks before the 2016 election. If Cohen lied to obtain credit from a federally insured financial institution, that is a felony punishable by up to 30 years’ imprisonment. And because the payment was likely an in-kind contribution to the Trump campaign, it could constitute a willful violation of campaign contribution limits, a separate felony punishable by up to five years’ imprisonment.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

No question that this is part of the Russia investigation....just heard that Stormy Daniels is really Stormeski Danlieslav who it turns out, is a sleeper KBG agent sent by Putin to compromise DT. 

Muller will have all the available and relevant information soon and let us know ....just be patient.......:-\

Mueller had little to nothing to do with the raid.  He passed along information to the NY FBI offices that he thought was a possible crime which was uncovered during his investigation, but didn't fall into his purview as Special Counsel.  A Trump appointed FBI official led this raid.

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Mueller had little to nothing to do with the raid.  He passed along information to the NY FBI offices that he thought was a possible crime which was uncovered during his investigation, but didn't fall into his purview as Special Counsel.  A Trump appointed FBI official led this raid.

Surely you don't really believe this.   RM supposed to be investigating Russia collusion. but long ago seems to have realized that he needs to go elsewhere to nail DT.

As for Trump appointed FBI official...not sure who you are thinking about but by now it's pretty apparent that DT got some really bad advice about appointees.....many of whom turned out to more loyal to the "establishment Republicans" who are eager to drag him down. 

DT is a total GOP outsider and future DT type people are being sent a message from the power base.. 

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Surely you don't really believe this.   RM supposed to be investigating Russia collusion. but long ago seems to have realized that he needs to go elsewhere to nail DT.

As for Trump appointed FBI official...not sure who you are thinking about but by now it's pretty apparent that DT got some really bad advice about appointees.....many of whom turned out to more loyal to the "establishment Republicans" who are eager to drag him down. 

DT is a total GOP outsider and future DT type people are being sent a message from the power base.. 

Good grief.

By "establishment Republicans" can I assume you mean those Republicans who still believe in the rule of law and hold the interests of our nation above the president?

13 minutes ago, AU64 said:

So in the absence of facts to back up your assertions, you've gone to tin-foil hat mode?  Got it.

The FBI official that led the raid is Geoffrey Berman, a Trump appointee that Trump has personally met with and was appointed to the position in January.  OH!  He also donated to Trump's campaign.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/14/nyregion/us-attorney-candidate-manhattan-geoffrey-berman.html

As for Mueller out to get Cohen, do you realize how many people had to sign off on this raid?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/04/09/fbi-raids-office-donald-trumps-lawyer-michael-cohen/500635002/

Here's the important quotes from that article:

The Justice Department's move against Cohen required approval at the highest levels of the department where such raids involve separating privileged communication between attorneys and their clients from communication that may be relevant to criminal investigations.

Ron Hosko, a former assistant FBI director, said it could take days or weeks before investigators are able to review information seized Monday, because a separate team of prosecutors generally must determine what can be reviewed by investigators.

"Before the decision was made to go forward with this (Cohen search), you have to think that Sessions and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein were all in," Hosko said. "This will be another unhappy day for the president."

Archived