Best (and worst) beers you’ve ever had - redux

AUDub

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Is Mas Agave the one that drinks basically like a margarita? Your tasting notes remind me of one that I tried recently. I think that was the one. 

Indeed. 

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Take you back to the old Sega Genesis days?

Damn straight. Got my parent’s money’s worth out of that son of a bitch. Even had the 32X and SegaCD attachments. 

21 hours ago, AUDub said:

Damn straight. Got my parent’s money’s worth out of that son of a bitch. Even had the 32X and SegaCD attachments. 

I had a 32x as well. What a disappointment. 

Pretty tasty. It had a bit of burn when it was cold, but the flavor opened up as it warmed up(last sip or two). It’s labeled as an IPA. Had a nice malt backbone, almost like an original GITM, but a Jr version.

29A01E51-C3AA-40F8-A87A-689FDBD9EA2F.jpeg

• Like 2

Bro in law came down with some tasty stuff. I found a couple decent bottles, too. He's very into sours. We had the 2015 La Folie last night. Puckered the hell up. Also had a sour stout from Carolina Bauernhaus out of Anderson, SC. It was damned good. Would not expect such a funky, interesting beer out of Anderson. Bourbon aged, cherries, currants, coffee.... I would never have picked it off the shelf but it was awesome. IPAs from Untitled Art, Akademia, Cherry Street... Oh, and Founders Watermelon Gose is a decent pool beer if you can find a 15-pack cheap like I did. Just a tiny bit more sweet than would be ideal but still very refreshing and crushable. Oh, also found a La Vermontoise from Hill Farmstead and a Belgian brewery called Blaugies or something like that. Very dry, very Belgian yeast. Reminded me of Orval. 

• Like 2

Headed to Wisconsin in a few days for Phish at Alpine Valley. Staying about an hour away from New Glarus and Untitled Art, we’re unsure if we will wanna drive out there and basically turn right back around to get to the lot. 

That said, anyone know of any breweries worth visiting in the Milwaukee area? We’ll be staying about 20 miles from there.

I do intend on loading up with some Serendipity to bring home.  

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

10 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Headed to Wisconsin in a few days for Phish at Alpine Valley. Staying about an hour away from New Glarus and Untitled Art, we’re unsure if we will wanna drive out there and basically turn right back around to get to the lot. 

That said, anyone know of any breweries worth visiting in the Milwaukee area? We’ll be staying about 20 miles from there.

I do intend on loading up with some Serendipity to bring home.  

Afraid I can't help you with the recs, but awesome awesome on the trip.

My wife picked up 2 four packs of Parish Bloom today in Montgomery! I can't wait to see if it is still my favorite beer! You guys are still awesome!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Grumps said:

My wife picked up 2 four packs of Parish Bloom today in Montgomery! I can't wait to see if it is still my favorite beer! You guys are still awesome!

I’m super jealous! None of Parish’s seasonal stuff made it to north LA this year. I have no idea why, but I know it sucks.

• Sad 1

On 7/10/2019 at 9:08 PM, Grumps said:

Good wife!

10 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

FINALLY getting to try this and it’s fresh AF. Lives up to the hype 100%. 

10 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Hellova good beer.

Concur. One of the few hype whale NEIPAs I'll grab from time to time.

Shocks, I LOVE Pseudo Sue. 

The haze bros pitched a fit when FT initially released this beer. I guess because it didn’t taste a like f’in juice box. Well, kudos to FT for not caving. They “reformulated” it to make its appearance more consistently hazy, but the taste is really nice. Classic APA, billed as a “Louisiana Pale Ale”. Clean, dry, grapefruit/orange peel.  Supposedly sessionable at 6%😳

C08BCE76-186E-4221-B719-3466C8605254.jpeg

Edited by Tiger Refuge