Best (and worst) beers you’ve ever had - redux

AUDub

23 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Cheers from rainy, 52 degrees Red Rocks. 

wFSPa1H.jpg

I would kill for 52 right now. 95 here. 

5 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I would kill for 52 right now. 95 here. 

Yeah, my wife said it was 100 heat index in Memphis.

I didn’t pack a pair of real shoes or a rain jacket. Hooked myself up at North Face outlet with a nice jacket and shoes for $100 total. Best $100 I’ve spent in a while, I’d be miserable without either. 

On 6/24/2019 at 9:44 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

This beer is f’in delicious. Holy crap.

BB63B084-01B6-4EF3-8786-5DE85857EA6A.jpeg

Been meaning to get around to this one. The Wire Road Bathtub Boys simply don't put out bad beers. I really admire how they do business. 

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Been meaning to get around to this one. The Wire Road Bathtub Boys simply don't put out bad beers. I really admire how they do business. 

So we went to Backcountry Pizza in Boulder on Sunday for some brunch. 70 taps, all craft, giant cellar etc. 

My dad asked the bartender why there’s no Oskar Blues anywhere on tap(there really isn’t). Apparently OB has been blackballed industry-wide in Colorado for selling out to the financing firm that bought them and turned into a cash-grab brewery. Also, according to the bartender, Dale is no longer involved whatsoever with the company. I’d have to do some fact checking, but I can’t say that I enjoyed hearing what he was telling us. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

So we went to Backcountry Pizza in Boulder on Sunday for some brunch. 70 taps, all craft, giant cellar etc. 

My dad asked the bartender why there’s no Oskar Blues anywhere on tap(there really isn’t). Apparently OB has been blackballed industry-wide in Colorado for selling out to the financing firm that bought them and turned into a cash-grab brewery. Also, according to the bartender, Dale is no longer involved whatsoever with the company. I’d have to do some fact checking, but I can’t say that I enjoyed hearing what he was telling us. 

4FEBE7E7-FEBD-4DE3-85A7-FCF9196162BC.gif

D5E30D3E-C823-40AA-8449-F316669EC23A.gif

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I’m going back to Asheville Friday. Any “must have” breweries?

Also, the local beer store had some Big Bad Baptiste variants. Suggestions? I’ll be going back there tomorrow.

I’ve never been to(or had), but Burial always seems to be putting out interesting beers. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I’m going back to Asheville Friday. Any “must have” breweries?

Also, the local beer store had some Big Bad Baptiste variants. Suggestions? I’ll be going back there tomorrow.

I'm not familiar with their variants but base BBB is fantastic IMO. 

Burial is my favorite Asheville brewery but who knows what kind of nano-dank is happening in that town. 

Edit: Always way for @ShocksMyBrain to post first, Loof. 

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I'm not familiar with their variants but base BBB is fantastic IMO. 

Burial is my favorite Asheville brewery but who knows what kind of nano-dank is happening in that town. 

Edit: Always way for @ShocksMyBrain to post first, Loof. 

0710B0CE-2BDE-4F09-8632-BDE20F9FD73B.gif

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Mehhhhhh. Easily quaffable. But it’s so non-descript  

rqmY6Cu.jpg

That’s been a fairly consistent review, especially  from folks that have gotten their hands on Gnarly Barley’s Jucifer.

I had some good beer this week, still reeling a bit.

Edited by Tiger Refuge

On 6/29/2019 at 7:39 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Mehhhhhh. Easily quaffable. But it’s so non-descript  

rqmY6Cu.jpg

Couldn't agree more.

@Tiger Refuge, L O L at the Space Dust meme. That's my dad's favorite IPA. It's like, well, at least he's drinking IPAs. 

Had a Jai Alai for the first time in forever last night. And I enjoyed it. Reminds me quite a bit of Two Hearted, primarily with the mouthfeel. So pillowy and soft. Just a perfect head. Definitely more of an old school, malty flavor profile but really nice to drink. I give it 3.5 crushed cans. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Freaking love that SoPro. Have you had Thank You? Also, heard that Mas Agave was a bit strong on the tequila. Did you like it?

Haven’t had Thank You. But we did get in Altered Beast last week. Pretty solid. 

Mas Agave didn’t come off too tequila heavy to me. Definitely light on the sour notes. It’s also a bit sweet from the agave. Dangerous at 10% too. I like it. 

8 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

...Altered Beast...

plmusf5.jpg

16 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Haven’t had Thank You. But we did get in Altered Beast last week. Pretty solid. 

Mas Agave didn’t come off too tequila heavy to me. Definitely light on the sour notes. It’s also a bit sweet from the agave. Dangerous at 10% too. I like it. 

Is Mas Agave the one that drinks basically like a margarita? Your tasting notes remind me of one that I tried recently. I think that was the one.