Best (and worst) beers you’ve ever had - redux

AUDub

Got dat Jucee from Flying Tiger. Good stuff! 

ETA- I posted in a bit of a hurry yesterday. It’s definitley citrusy. Grapefruit on the nose. Citrus rind/zest bite. Definitely opened up as the temp came up. Needs maybe a week or two.

75DAFBB9-011B-4DB3-A69E-AA2856ACB636.jpeg

Edited by Tiger Refuge

On 5/17/2019 at 6:47 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

So with the Nashville distributor hitting the market(thanks be to Trader Joe’s(I can expound on that if anyone is curious)), in addition to Bearded Iris and Southern Grist landing, we also have access to their entire inventory.

Long story short, I grabbed up a 6er of Orpheus Transmigration of Souls DIPA(10%). It’s a lot fresher than the one I had sent to me some years ago. That said, it’s better than I remember(freshness presumably). However, there’s something on the finish I just can’t wrap my palate around. It’s bubblegum-y, so I’m assuming it’s whatever yeast they’re using. Definitely not infected. Was totally unaware that it was 10%, so the 3 DDH Bearded Iris Double Scatterbrains(8%) are now starting to creep up on me. 

Mama SMB will be home soon. Maintain...maintain...

Orpheus is an interesting brewery. Jason doesn't seem concerned at all with style guidelines, but he also doesn't do weird just for the sake of being weird. I'm not huge on his IPAs but I check back every now and then as my tastebuds evolve. Their tart fruit beers are great in the summer. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I found Xocoveza today for the first time.. I bought all of it. 

Wow really? Damn. It’s way out of season right now. Can’t find it here at all now.

Still got 3 remaining from my last find of the year in February. 

4 hours ago, AUDub said:

Wow really? Damn. It’s way out of season right now. Can’t find it here at all now.

Still got 3 remaining from my last find of the year in February. 

I was back in my wife’s hometown this past weekend and found it at a nice little grocery store that has a great beer selection, in spite of what I would assume is a bad craft beer market. 

Edited by Tiger Refuge

23 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Cozying up with one of the best coffee stouts I’ve ever had. 

K9dtNNd.jpg

I’ve had a lot of “coffee” that doesn’t have as good a coffee flavor as this beer. 

14 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I’ve had a lot of “coffee” that doesn’t have as good a coffee flavor as this beer. 

Concur. 

Speaking of, a spot here in Savannah pours a Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro with 2 shots of espresso and it is PHENOMENAL. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Sad. Very interesting about AB InBev, though. Definitely makes me see that company in a different light. 

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Sad. Very interesting about AB InBev, though. Definitely makes me see that company in a different light. 

With nearly the entire leadership team from BPB gone, I can certainly see why there’s been problems. When it launched in Memphis a couple years ago, it sold like gangbusters. Now we barely move any. I don’t think the entire state even has a BPB rep anymore. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I lol’d.

84258D98-1D4E-4FC0-8594-84DFEF120714.jpeg

Some dude on the ATL beer subreddit said that all taprooms should have at least 3 NEIPAs to choose from. Da fuq????

By the way, Refuge, the crawfish etouffee-stuffed chicken from Best Stop is absolutely mind-blowing. 

• Love 1