Best (and worst) beers you’ve ever had - redux

AUDub

Sidenote re: hockey final:

Went up to some customers on TUESDAY.

Me: “Hey guys, what kind of beer we looking for tonight?”

Them: “Hockey beer”

Me: *?* totally not getting it being in the south and all, “I mean, we’ve got HOPPY beer”

Them: No HOCKEY beer

Me: Ohhh. Yeah. Stanley Cup. Who you guys pulling for? 

Them: Boston

Me: Cool. I thought the final was Wednesday...

Them: No, it’s tonight[Tuesday]

Me believing them because, hey, I haven’t followed the Cup this year(Rangers didn’t make playoffs): Alright then, well we’ve got plenty of NEIPAs...(being Boston fans and all)

Them: No we can’t do IPAs. Too much alcohol for a weeknight.

Me: K...well, here’s some light pilsners and a Scottish ale or two. 

I can’t stop thinking about how these two bros dropped in for a couple 6pks of some easy-going beer, and went to settle in on the couch for the hockey game...only to realize that *YES* the “beer dude” at the store was absolutely correct in that the Cup final was on Wednesday. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Haha 1

Here’s another quick one from Tuesday.

Me: Stocking the cooler from the inside. 

*sees someone browsing beer on the other side of the glass*

“Oooh a sale”

Me: What kind of beer are you drinking tonight?

Him: Beer? What do you mean??

*Me looking at him, and looking at our cooler doors, gathering my thoughts*:  Um. This is all beer...

Him: Yeah. I’m with my buddy, I don’t drink. I’m just looking at prices. 

Me: ???? Okay...let me know if you have any questions...

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I might have to use this thread for all the crazy/stupid alcohol related retail stories I get on a daily basis. If that’s something you guys might be interested in...?

Oh hell yes.

Off to Colorado tomorrow with my dad to see Umphrey’s McGee 3 day run at Red Rocks. Can’t really think of much to do other than bounce around the breweries(or hike around somewhere). We’ll be staying in Golden(home of Coors), but I’ve compiled a short list of breweries I haven’t been to. Gonna hit up the ol’ stomping grounds of Fort Collins on Thursday to revisit some of my favorite spots.

vPb40Vq.png

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Off to Colorado tomorrow with my dad to see Umphrey’s McGee 3 day run at Red Rocks. Can’t really think of much to do other than bounce around the breweries(or hike around somewhere). We’ll be staying in Golden(home of Coors), but I’ve compiled a short list of breweries I haven’t been to. Gonna hit up the ol’ stomping grounds of Fort Collins on Thursday to revisit some of my favorite spots.

vPb40Vq.png

Is your dad going to the shows, too? Very cool regardless. 

I’ve sort of dialed back the hazy IPAs lately. Not that I don’t enjoy them, but we don’t get many down here, and the few we go get I’ve about burned out on. 

37 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I’ve sort of dialed back the hazy IPAs lately. Not that I don’t enjoy them, but we don’t get many down here, and the few we go get I’ve about burned out on. 

I actively look between and behind the NEIPAs for more old school, dry, bitter, and/or funky IPAs. Except now my wife, after years of turning her nose up at *all* IPAs- even after I tried to tell her that IPA doesn't mean what it used to- just decided she's into the tropical haze. Whatever, lady

14 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

After basically waiting in lines for hours. Finally having my first beer after landing at DIA 3 hours later...

New Image East Coast Transplant at Falling Rock Taphouse. 

NuN5GOI.jpg

Waiting in line for 3 hrs? 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Waiting in line for 3 hrs? 

Waiting to get off the plane. 

Waiting to get our bags. 

Waiting for the shuttle to the rental car. 

Waiting at the rental car place. 

Waiting in traffic. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Waiting to get off the plane. 

Waiting to get our bags. 

Waiting for the shuttle to the rental car. 

Waiting at the rental car place. 

Waiting in traffic. 

10-4. I bet that beer tasted daaaaammmmmnnnn good. 

• Like 1