NFL - players will be fined for kneeling

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I will.  Sometimes I act immature.  It usually doesn't come out of the clear blue sky though.  Someone isn't calmly stating a position and I just go off.

You just sort of went straight for ornery with basically no reason to do so in this thread.  

I’ll try to be more kind with my rhetoric. Thanks for the accountability. I look forward to it being mutual.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These players don't want a discussion. They don't want compromise. Just staying in the locker room is not good enough. They want the league and owners to obey them. It's their way or the highway. 

I'll re-post what I said last year:

https://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/158736-trump’s-attack-on-black-athletes-may-bring-a-league-to-its-feet/?page=10

We're not getting a dialogue. What we're getting is indoctrination by a sports league that has shown time and again they aren't consistent or interested in both sides. When the NFL fines players for wearing special cleats or eye black for a cause they're invested in, yet turn around and full throatily support players for doing something to bring attention to another cause without even a slap on the wrist, it shows the blatant hypocrisy in what the NFL deems appropriate. There's multiple layers to object to with the NFL's stance.

Even though I strongly disagree with Colin  Kaepernick's rhetoric about cops and the U.S. flag, what does it say about the NFL allowing all the protests now but still haven't accepted Kaepernick back in the NFL? .....The NFL's stances on players freedom of expression is warped. 

When an Army ranger apologizes for standing for the national anthem, then a dialogue doesn't seem like it's going to amount to anything. If an Army ranger feels the need to apologize, then I have to wonder about the locker room environment and how much support there really is for those who have chosen to stand? You hear tepid support from other players when they talk about those who chose to stand. It's pretty discouraging that someone that served their country is apologizing for standing for the national anthem. 

When someone's rights are being infringed upon under the guise of doing things as a team by staying in the locker room or not standing for the anthem, then that's the definition of coercion. Pittsburgh's Alejandro Villanueva was put in a bad situation by his teammates. His team and coach should have apologized to him for putting him in that situation when he wasn't comfortable with it. They knew his military background but still wanted 100% participation as a team. That just shows how one sided and  intolerant they are of those that don't go along with them.

Those coaches and players that want to do things as a team are being just as divisive as those they condemn for wanting them to stand. They're trying to apply a moral litmus test by coercing other players into joining them for the sake of the team and unity.

2 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

This isn’t a “trump supporter v protestors” issue at all. Try not being so tenuous in your assertions. A raging democrat who cried on election night could support the new rule. It wouldn’t make them a deplorable.

I explained earlier why I chose to say it appeased Trump supporters. And you really don’t have any say in how I should make my assertions here. Save your advice for someone who desires it. I can assure you, it isn’t me. 

8 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

I can teach you how to flirt better.

Ha! I'll give Nola some tips Elle.

2 hours ago, AUUSN said:

Maybe he should just sit down and have a conversation with them and get to understand their positions and issues they are protesting ...and he could explain why this is not the forum for doing that and I'm sure they would see that he actually can't do anything about their concerns...and that the protests are not generating any sympathy for their cause either.   That should end it.   Fans will continue to flock to see this bottom dwelling team and all will be right with the world. 

1 minute ago, GiveEmElle said:

You sure about that darling?

Only for you Elle.

2 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Knock yourself out, kid. ?

Easy now.

28 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

I explained earlier why I chose to say it appeased Trump supporters. And you really don’t have any say in how I should make my assertions here. Save your advice for someone who desires it. I can assure you, it isn’t me. 

Good form

1 minute ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Prove it 

Oh lord, put a filter on it Titan. Quick!

7 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

She is my Cassie and I’m her Alan

*WARNING LANGUAGE*

Well played bro.

4 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

It’s really a non issue since no AU players have done this. 

You are dead wrong!! Go to any games the past two years?  I have even exchanged e-mails with Coach Pearl about it.

1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:

You are dead wrong!! Go to any games the past two years?  I have even exchanged e-mails with Coach Pearl about it.

So AU players have kneeled during the anthem? 

Archived