Maryland Football Culture: Toxic

WDE_OxPx_2010

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

Wow. 

I wonder if DJ coaches again. A lot of people were passionate about him not coaching. But don’t forget that Muschamp spoke for his character.

The process to begin replacing board members should begin now.

EDIT:  Just read ESPN's article on the firing.  Guess who gave DJ Durkin his first coaching job at Bowling Green?  Yep, the honorable Urban Meyer.

And the board of regents who pushed this should be ashamed of themselves. Apparently, threatening to fire the president if he didn’t approve of the rehiring of Durkin? Wooow.

9 hours ago, DAG said:

And the board of regents who pushed this should be ashamed of themselves. Apparently, threatening to fire the president if he didn’t approve of the rehiring of Durkin? Wooow.

I'm sorry, but this is just straight up evil. Those are bad people. I don't think I could be convinced otherwise. 

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'm sorry, but this is just straight up evil. Those are bad people. I don't think I could be convinced otherwise. 

Yep, I got to say I wish the president would've stuck to his guns although I will say he took responsibility early on and he also chose to retire prior to the university deciding to finally fire Coach Durkin. TBH, Coach Durkin should've just resigned.

I honestly think the board thought they could get away with it in time by looking at the Myer situation thinking they could replicate it.  The problem is the two coaches aren't comparable.

22 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yep, I got to say I wish the president would've stuck to his guns although I will say he took responsibility early on and he also chose to retire prior to the university deciding to finally fire Coach Durkin. TBH, Coach Durkin should've just resigned.

16 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I honestly think the board thought they could get away with it in time by looking at the Myer situation thinking they could replicate it.  The problem is the two coaches aren't comparable.

Good points.

No way Durkin gets another HC job.  Probably not even at the high school level.  However, he has an amazing lawsuit.  He was cleared of wrong doing (hahaha) by this committee and then gets fired.  I don't know what went on behind closed doors, but I bet there is a Defamation of Character lawsuit gonna happen.

Maryland is buying out his contract because he was not fired "with cause."  Is this because Maryland had re-instated him, therefore confirming no cause for termination?

43 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Maryland is buying out his contract because he was not fired "with cause."  Is this because Maryland had re-instated him, therefore confirming no cause for termination?

That is how I understand it.  Which is why I said it was going to lead to a lawsuit for defamation of character

10 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

If they have video, I doubt it ends well.  Also the president of the board of regents tendered his resignation today.  I doubt he'll be the only one.  Bad culture there.  Interesting to see if NCAA does anything about it.

Archived