Sunday Night Presser - Coordinators Recap Week 1

RunInRed

13 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

DC Kevin Steele looks back, forward ...

LOVE COACH STEELE. probably my favorite D coordinator I have seen at Auburn. 

I love CKS’s comments!  I have a lot of confidence that the few issues we had on defense will be corrected by the time a strong looking LSU team comes to JHS.  

I don’t have as much confidence in CCL.  But CKS was coaching while CCL was still in diapers.  I hope he learns to see the keys to success and adjusts accordingly.  And soon!   This team has a ton of potential!

@AUpreacherman22, I only watched the first Steele video, but I came down here to say that I don't think he's given enough credit. He really inspired a whole lotta confidence, in me, too. When he got hired, he had a tough act to follow with most of the fans. I think he's done and incredible job, but there's still a bit of a hangover from losing Muschamp the way we did.

I also recall a lot of LSU folks sort of laughing at the hire and saying 'good luck with that' (or words to that effect).

Well, I am pretty durn happy with Steele right now. Even with some turnover at the defensive coaching positions, and of course with players, it seems pretty clear to me that he has a handle on things, and that we are continuing to move in a positive direction on D.

So, kudos to Coach Steele!

OK, just watch the CCL video.

Agree with @AUpreacherman22 that Chip doesn't inspire as much confidence, yet. A key tell was their different reactions to more questions from reporters. You can see CKS say something like "Give me two more," when the guy running the press conference said there was time for one more question. He actually stayed and answered 3-4 more questions.

CCL was ready to get off the stage, asking, "Any more?" in an effort to get reporters not to ask any more questions. CCL is not as confident in himself and so inspires less in me.

That said, I am not sure he's giving himself enough credit. I'm no insider, but we all know enough to realize that being the OC under Gus can't be easy, even if Gus seems to be doing a better job letting Chip call the plays. Does he still have a ways to go to match Steele? Sure he does. Just hope that Gus continues to give him room to improve.

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Love the relentless effort comment by Steele. We need our O-Line to match that intensity.

Yep. Saw some good things, though, I think. Kim played well at Center, and the left side of the OL pushed Washington way back on the winning TD. 

1 hour ago, AUbritt said:

@AUpreacherman22, I only watched the first Steele video, but I came down here to say that I don't think he's given enough credit. He really inspired a whole lotta confidence, in me, too. When he got hired, he had a tough act to follow with most of the fans. I think he's done and incredible job, but there's still a bit of a hangover from losing Muschamp the way we did.

I also recall a lot of LSU folks sort of laughing at the hire and saying 'good luck with that' (or words to that effect).

Well, I am pretty durn happy with Steele right now. Even with some turnover at the defensive coaching positions, and of course with players, it seems pretty clear to me that he has a handle on things, and that we are continuing to move in a positive direction on D.

So, kudos to Coach Steele!

I don’t miss Muschamp at all.

I bet @bigbird was loving the comments from Steele. Pretty much confirming what he was saying about the DB play.  All but 1 of the deep passes were lost in the first 3-4 steps, before we could get in phase. 

Archived