The refs in that game should tender their resignations

TitanTiger

5 minutes ago, AubFanCT said:

The refs didn't throw 2 awful picks, the refs weren't the ones who couldn't generate a pass rush, the refs weren't the ones who couldn't call plays to ice the game when we were up double digits. Sorry fellas, this one is on us. Yes, the calls were bad but to not step back and view the reality of the entire game is bad. 

LSU made mistakes too. 

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Like it or not, get used to the PI calls. We have been horrible in technique in all 3 of our game this year.  Now we have that reputation and we wont get breaks on calls. The answer: better discipline and better technique. 

You can get away with quite a bit of contact when you actually play the ball!

6 minutes ago, AubFanCT said:

The refs didn't throw 2 awful picks, the refs weren't the ones who couldn't generate a pass rush, the refs weren't the ones who couldn't call plays to ice the game when we were up double digits. Sorry fellas, this one is on us. Yes, the calls were bad but to not step back and view the reality of the entire game is bad. 

If you say take the whole game into consideration, wth do you leave out the last couple of drives in the game? Where we ahead? Did Slayton not get held? Did they get multiple calls to move down the field? 

1 hour ago, Slammer1 said:

I don't normally comment on this kind of thing but the refs DID cause us to lose the game. The yardage in penalties for both teams  doesn't matter , it is the timing  of the penalties and how they affected the game. I don't think I have ever seen such a hose job at crucial times of the game in my life. Steve Shaw and his team at work.

WDE

That's it. It was the timing that was so damaging. 

10 minutes ago, AubFanCT said:

How are we supposed to ice the game, when they were blatantly committing pass interference against us, and the flags aern’t being thrown?

How was our D line supposed to generate a pass rush when they’re being held like crazy, and the corn dogs weren’t called for holding one time the entire game?

15 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

The issue isn't us getting called, it's not also calling them on the same stuff.  Technique my ass...Greedy Williams got away with two blatant ones.  Call 'em both ways or don't call 'em at all.

I think the name greedy should be changed the shady or worse.  When LSU plays bammer, you can bet the farm land from California to Maine that he will be called left and right for pass interference.  I will be waiting for that game in that my point will be proved a 1000 times over. When Kerryon Johnson chimes in on the game, you better listen to what he says.  I have watched every play that should have been called against LSU on instant replay, and the verdict is the same every time.  We were 80% in the hands of the refs making pi$$ poor no calls and 20% in the hands of Gus making the wrong decisions. When we went for it early on our first drive and and did not make it in exchange for a chip shot FG was likely his worst call.

Yes, we had a few no calls that could have gone bad our way, but they were in the minority in a big way. I usually do not blame the refs in that the SEC has many good quality refs. However, the crew we were dealt today was just plain bad all of the way round and should not be allowed to officiate any important SEC game or any game as far as that goes. You can bet the crew will hear an ear full from many in the know.

39 minutes ago, AU64 said:

That affected much more than the last drive.....and the trickle down effect of disrupting AU drives and aiding LSU drives  meant that by the end of the game, LSU was still in position to win it. 

I was trying to find a way to say this. Good post.

1 hour ago, Shift said:

Just stop.  We picked up 91 yards in the game due to penalties called on LSU.  The net penalty yards for the game was +20 yards for LSU.  That shouldn't have made a difference.

If all games were cut and dry, black and white, and completely determined by what's on the stat sheet, you're right. 

The timing of the calls and no calls were absolutely critical.  The previous drive, Auburn had 3rd down and Greedy Williams committed an obvious PI that wasn't called.  With that penalty we extend our drive, milk more clock and perhaps get in FG range.

But we had to punt.  That's effectively a turnover.

LSU's subsequent drive to win the game, it's 3rd and 5 on their own 23 and they get a PI call that was no worse than the one they didn't call on Greedy.  They would have had to either convert a 4th down on their own 23 or punt.  That's effectively a turnover.  A later PI call on the same drive gave them a first down on 2nd and 10.  

This is the issue.

EDITED TO CORRECT:  Our drive it was the next to last drive of ours where this occurred, not the one right before LSU's game winning drive.  But the rest is the same.

2 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I think the name greedy should be changed the shady or worse.  When LSU plays bammer, you can bet the farm land from California to Maine that he will be called left and right for pass interference.  I will be waiting for that game in that my point will be proved a 1000 times over. When Kerryon Johnson chimes in on the game, you better listen to what he says.  I have watched every play that should have been called against LSU on instant replay, and the verdict is the same every time.  We were 80% in the hands of the refs making pi$$ poor no calls and 20% in the hands of Gus making the wrong decisions. When we went for it early on our first drive and and did not make it in exchange for a chip shot FG was likely his worst call.

Yes, we had a few no calls that could have gone bad our way, but they were in the minority in a big way. I usually do not blame the refs in that the SEC has many good quality refs. However, the crew we were dealt today was just plain bad all of the way round and should not be allowed to officiate any important SEC game or any game as far as that goes. You can bet the crew will hear an ear full from many in the know.

the crew will receive their bonus from tuscaloosa. In tens and twenties

Agreed Titan and your point stands on it's own. We shouldn't have to put up with officiating like that no matter what else we did/didn't do or might have happened during the game. Considering what was allowed during the game, there were 2 very strange, very bad, calls made at the most critical point of the game, on LSU's last 'drive'. 

4th quarter, 5:38 to go, AU up by 2, AU's defense needs to make one more stop.

LSU starts at their own 24

1st down, LSU throws incomplete

2nd down, LSU rushes for -1

3rd and 11, pass incomplete, AU's defense makes the stop, but.... 

PASS INTERFERENCE CALLED

LSU drives to the AU 48, now 4th and 7 

LSU converts, pass complete for 9 (ugh)

LSU now at the AU 39

1st down, LSU pass incomplete

2nd down, LSU pass incomplete, but....

PASS INTERFERENCE CALLED

Just now, TigerOne said:

the crew will receive their bonus from tuscaloosa. In tens and twenties

wrong!!! in 100s and in many rolls too boot!

Auburn was beat in every position on the field. But like Titan said when the officiating is one sided it is not right. The calls went against us but not LSU.. and the missed calls were obvious and drive killers. If you are going to call it make sure it goes both ways. As bad as we played most of the game, At the end when it counted we ended their drive twice but they were bailed out by PI calls. 

1 minute ago, IronMan70 said:

Considering what went on during the game, there were 2 very strange calls at the most critical time in the game, LSU's last 'drive'. 

4th quarter, 5:38 to go, AU up by 2, AU's defense needs to make one more stop.

LSU at their own 24

1st down, LSU throws incomplete

2nd down, LSU rushes for -1

3rd and 11, pass incomplete, AU's defense makes the stop, but.... 

PASS INTERFERENCE CALLED

LSU drives to the AU 48, now 4th and 7 

LSU converts, pass complete for 9

LSU now at the AU 39

1st down, LSU pass ncomplete

2nd down, LSU pass incomplete, but....

PASS INTERFERENCE CALLED

Those plays should have never been called for pass interference. The 1st PI should have ended with Auburn taking over after either a punt or a 4th down stop and not a PI call. High school refs would have likely made the right call. I hope this crew is disbanded and not allowed to call another SEC game ever for the sake of both teams playing as far as that goes.

There are only two possibilities to describe this officiating crew.  They are either incredibly inept or they are corrupt.  In either case, they should never be allowed to ref again.

I agree with everyone that something should be done, they shouldn’t be allowed ref again etc. etc. But you can bet your bottom dollar the SEC office will do absolutely nothing about this officiating crew!

22 minutes ago, jmcrosson said:

What I hate about posts like this is that it insinuates that LSU isn’t loaded with NFL talent. They earned their right, with the help of the effing refs of course, to be in this game.

Absolutely. All the criticism about Auburn's performance does not take LSU's talent into consideration. People act like it should've been a total beat-down and that was probably not gonna happen even on a day when Auburn had it's best game going on. LSU is not Jax State.

1 hour ago, AubFanCT said:

Do u know how u avoid letting the refs possibly blow the game for u on the last drive? U put the mother******* game away when u r supposed to and dont let it come to that.  Shame on us. Shame on CGM. 

Testify

4 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Testify

Put the game away you say?  So our wideouts are being undressed, more than once, when the ball is thrown to them, no flag is thrown, so then we have to punt. Our defense has LSU stopped more than once but AU is called for PI. How are we supposed to put the game away? 

Regardless of how bad the officials might have been tonight, this is our second game in three that we have had over 100 yards in penatlies. And our second game in a row with at least 2 turnovers. We are playing undisciplined football. If we want to go from good to great, we need to play with more discipline and focus in all phases of the game. 

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

Regardless of how bad the officials might have been tonight, this is our second game in three that we have had over 100 yards in penatlies. And our second game in a row with at least 2 turnovers. We are playing undisciplined football. If we want to go from good to great, we need to play with more discipline and focus in all phases of the game. 

We’ve also played the number six and number 11 teams in the country. We’re not going to look like world beaters every week when playing our schedule.

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

We’ve also played the number six and number 11 teams in the country. We’re not going to look like world beaters every week when playing our schedule.

Auburn should still be in the top ten, no room for error now

9 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Put the game away you say?  So our wideouts are being undressed, more than once, when the ball is thrown to them, no flag is thrown, so then we have to punt. Our defense has LSU stopped more than once but AU is called for PI. How are we supposed to put the game away? 

Right, no matter what else we did or didn't do, we shouldn't have to put up with officiating like that. That stands on its own.

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Call the obvious PI on LSU and it might have been a very different game. I think the flags on AU were probably all legit, but the missed calls were huge.

Disagree on the calls against AU. At least 3 uncatchable balls where AU was called for PI

Archived