The refs in that game should tender their resignations

TitanTiger

I don't normally comment on this kind of thing but the refs DID cause us to lose the game. The yardage in penalties for both teams  doesn't matter , it is the timing  of the penalties and how they affected the game. I don't think I have ever seen such a hose job at crucial times of the game in my life. Steve Shaw and his team at work.

WDE

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last no call is what really got me....the ref was literally right there direct line of vision and just Williams and Slayton right there and he just stats shaking his head no

1 minute ago, Slammer1 said:

I don't normally comment on this kind of thing but the refs DID cause us to lose the game. The yardage in penalties for both teams  doesn't matter , it is the timing  of the penalties and how they affected the game. I don't think I have ever seen such a hose job at crucial times of the game in my life. Steve Shaw and his team at work.

WDE

thanks...agree 100%.....

Do u know how u avoid letting the refs possibly blow the game for u on the last drive? U put the mother******* game away when u r supposed to and dont let it come to that.  Shame on us. Shame on CGM. 

7 minutes ago, Slammer1 said:

WDE

You would've thought we were playing UAT with the way the second half was officiated. 

crying about "the refs" is for losers....yeah, there were calls that could have been let go, but if mr. wizard kicks the early FG, high probability AU wins the game...just another loss that should have been a win to chalk up to the 7 million $ man...kinda' getting used to em'

47 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Spare me the "don't blame refs" or "we had our opportunities."  I'm not in the mood.  LSU got bailed out multiple times to extend their drives late and we had two of our drives killed because the refs apparently only notice pass interference when Auburn does it.  But Greedy Williams can grab and redirect a player off his route and flat run a WR over and no flag.  Complete horse***t.

Titan I’ve never agreed with you more.

There will literally always be the “don’t blame the ref” crowd even if a red pulled out a shotgun and blasted Stidham’s Head clean off they’d be like “well he should have moved a little quicker. That’s why we need an elusive qb”.

As I said in the post game thread, if there is ever one time for me to turn in my “the refs ****** us and don’t you dare try to tell me otherwise” card that can only be redeemed once in my lifetime then I’m doing it now.

41 minutes ago, Shift said:

Oh c'mon...........with the talent we supposedly have on this team AND the amount we are paying a mediocre (at best) coach, the team should be able to overcome a few bad calls.  However, they didn't.  That's the real story here.

I partly agree.  However, when one of bad calls puts the other team in fg range with less than a minute to go, it’s kind of hard to overcome that.  There are bad calls every week but these decided the game.  That’s what I’m mad about.

For those who insist on blaming the team-- Please stop.  They did enough to win.  Could they have performed better, of course.  But LSU, who had no turnovers-- who played over their heads-- had to have "help" to get in a position to win the game.  That is the problem tonight.  I am as bias as a man can be, but i am also fair ..   The lack of P.I. called and the P.I. called when AU had stopped LSU was a killer.  It changed the whole game.  Don't blame this game on Gus or the team.  They did enough to win.  

1 hour ago, AubFanCT said:

Do u know how u avoid letting the refs possibly blow the game for u on the last drive? U put the  game away when u r supposed to and dont let it come to that.  Shame on us. Shame on CGM. 

That affected much more than the last drive.....and the trickle down effect of disrupting AU drives and aiding LSU drives  meant that by the end of the game, LSU was still in position to win it. 

The 'blame Stidham' crowd should be shown the door, imo. The 'lets rant about the obviously terrible officiating that swung momentum' thread is not the place for your pet theories.

Like it or not, get used to the PI calls. We have been horrible in technique in all 3 of our game this year.  Now we have that reputation and we wont get breaks on calls. The answer: better discipline and better technique. 

5 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Like it or not, get used to the PI calls. We have been horrible in technique in all 3 of our game this year.  Now we have that reputation and we wont get breaks on calls. The answer: better discipline and better technique. 

What everyone is saying is that's fine call pi on us but be damn sure to call it on the other team also. 

9 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Guys I agree 100 . Calls were not even . A loss is a loss, but beat me on the field . Not the booth . Sucks ass . 

Will respectfully disagree.  Calls didn't help but same as last year, we didn't put LSU away and that's why we lost.  

7 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

The issue isn't us getting called, it's not also calling them on the same stuff.  Technique my ass...Greedy Williams got away with two blatant ones.  Call 'em both ways or don't call 'em at all.

The refs made a number of bad calls that went against us. The bottom line in big boy football is that it should never have been close enough for the calls to make a difference in the game. I have been an Auburn fan and graduate for a very long time. We came out of the gate cold and slow, and when we had the upper hand, we could not close the deal. Our O line is still a work in progress and struggled big time. Our D line is not as good as advertised. Much can be said of our lack of preparation and in game adjustments by our coaching staff. There is no way we should have lost this game, at home, period. Having said all that, I have been through worse, and still say War Eagle anyway!  

The interference calls were certainly questionable but the LSU offensive line did a great job against our defensive line. That is where the game was lost. We made a mediocre quarterback look like an all american.   On to the next one...

3 minutes ago, AubFanCT said:

Will respectfully disagree.  Calls didn't help but same as last year, we didn't put LSU away and that's why we lost.  

Difference is last year refs didn't give lsu over 40 free yards and multiple drive extending calls to win it last minute

Just now, Southwest said:

Difference is last year refs didn't give lsu over 40 free yards and multiple drive extending calls to win it last minute

Nor did they force us to punt at least one drive rather than us get 15 yds and a first down.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Spare me the "don't blame refs" or "we had our opportunities."  I'm not in the mood.  LSU got bailed out multiple times to extend their drives late and we had two of our drives killed because the refs apparently only notice pass interference when Auburn does it.  But Greedy Williams can grab and redirect a player off his route and flat run a WR over and no flag.  Complete horse***t.

YES!!!!! 

The refs didn't throw 2 awful picks, the refs weren't the ones who couldn't generate a pass rush, the refs weren't the ones who couldn't call plays to ice the game when we were up double digits. Sorry fellas, this one is on us. Yes, the calls were bad but to not step back and view the reality of the entire game is bad. 

41 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

crying about "the refs" is for losers....yeah, there were calls that could have been let go, but if mr. wizard kicks the early FG, high probability AU wins the game...just another loss that should have been a win to chalk up to the 7 million $ man...kinda' getting used to em'

What I hate about posts like this is that it insinuates that LSU isn’t loaded with NFL talent. They earned their right, with the help of the effing refs of course, to be in this game.

9 minutes ago, tiger78 said:

The refs made a number of bad calls that went against us. The bottom line in big boy football is that it should never have been close enough for the calls to make a difference in the game. I have been an Auburn fan and graduate for a very long time. We came out of the gate cold and slow, and when we had the upper hand, we could not close the deal. Our O line is still a work in progress and struggled big time. Our D line is not as good as advertised. Much can be said of our lack of preparation and in game adjustments by our coaching staff. There is no way we should have lost this game, at home, period. Having said all that, I have been through worse, and still say War Eagle anyway!  

What in the heck are you talking about? LSU is a very good SEC team. Most SEC teams are very talented and there are always close,hard fought games. Just because it's not a one-sided blowout every single time does not mean AU plays badly every time. That's just ridiculous. The refs MAKE A DIFFERENCE in some games. Those games are always close, always a battle. One bad call can end a promising drive and cost a team badly needed points. This was not a game where even on a good day there wouldn't have been a battle going on at some point. AU can't beat LSU and bad officiating at the same time. 

Archived