Why did Shivers not see the field

steeleagle

..until the 4th qtr, in mop up duty? Any good reason?

Was it Gus giving KMart the ball more, so he wouldn't be another of those players leaving after the 4 game window?

SHivers can do what KMart do, but also can move the pile, where Kmart goes down quick. 

Just wondering?

• WarTiger changed the title to Why did Shivers not see the field

Jmo.. but I do believe they are giving Kmart a chance. He is very versatile out of the backfield.. having said that, he is not seeing running lanes etc. I saw him make a good run but I also saw him run into a tackle when he could of made a cut and got more yards maybe a td.. shivers and boobie are playing better but they are also freshmen and with this OL.. blocking and finding lanes is the objective right now. 

Gus said several times before the season that am was the best running back at the time.   If Whitlow  and Shivers are better than Kam then that means Gus would  be wrong again about another one of  his players.

That's a good question.....but after a while the biggest back not moving the pile anymore when the o line not blocking well

I was equally confused looking and waiting for Shivers.  Maybe Gus wanted to give KM a chance to prove himself? Having said that, the way this O Line is operating any RB is going to have an up hill battle. 

This offense was screaming for a spark and Shivers didn't see the field til garbage time. Instead we watched Martin run into O linemen all night. I assumed he was injured til he showed at the end. What coach decided he shouldn't play before then after last week? Total ineptness of managing players who can make things happen.

To defend KMart real quick... he averaged more yards per attempt than Boobee this game ??‍♂️

To answer the original question... I’m convinced Gus reads the forum and does stuff to spite us.

To make an observation... our leading rusher for the game had something like 15 carries... that’s unheard of in a Gus Malzahn offense.

Archived