Maturing Politically, Yes, we should listen to BOTH sides...

DKW 86

11 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

I give you several examples, based on the initial thread post of a pretty widespread issue on college campuses today. You can get to many others from there...if you wish.

I'm certain you can find examples of alarming behavior on the other extreme side.  If you look at one of my earlier posts, I allude to just that and that my hope is that the extremes will eventually force the rational folks from each side towards the center where maybe we find common ground.

Yet you respond with the equivalent of  "...but, but, but....Trump!"

Dude, I'm not even a Trump supporter. My household didn't cast a single vote his way.

Brother, if you ever thought homey was going to actually answer any question, you were wrong. 

Homey: "Got any examples"
JAU:  (gives several examples.)
homey: replies with whataboutisms....

and so it goes..homey never had the first intention of answering a question he put to you, it just is what it is...

3 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Brother, if you ever thought homey was going to actually answer any question, you were wrong. 

and so it goes..homey never had the first intention of answering a question he put to you, it just is what it is...

Just for you David:

Proverbs 6:16-19 English Standard Version (ESV)

16 There are six things that the Lord hates,
    seven that are an abomination to him:
17 haughty eyes, a lying tongue,
    and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 a heart that devises wicked plans,
    feet that make haste to run to evil,
19 a false witness who breathes out lies,
    and one who sows discord among brothers.

Sounds to me like your habits are an abomination to the Lord, David.  Never too late to repent though.  At least that's what I've been told.

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Just for you David:

Proverbs 6:16-19 English Standard Version (ESV)

16 There are six things that the Lord hates,
    seven that are an abomination to him:
17 haughty eyes, a lying tongue,
    and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 a heart that devises wicked plans,
    feet that make haste to run to evil,
19 a false witness who breathes out lies,
    and one who sows discord among brothers.

Sounds to me like your habits are an abomination to the Lord, David.  Never too late to repent though.  At least that's what I've been told.

homey, you didnt answer his question, but then again, you never do. and certainly had no intention to here today.

You acted as if you were actually going to engage and respond, and then like the homey we all know 24-7-365 you did not answer one question and then went to talking whataboutisms. Rinse & Repeat.

4 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

I give you several examples, based on the initial thread post of a pretty widespread issue on college campuses today. You can get to many others from there...if you wish.

I'm certain you can find examples of alarming behavior on the other extreme side.  If you look at one of my earlier posts, I allude to just that and that my hope is that the extremes will eventually force the rational folks from each side towards the center where maybe we find common ground.

Yet you respond with the equivalent of  "...but, but, but....Trump!"

Dude, I'm not even a Trump supporter. My household didn't cast a single vote his way.

Actually my response was to illustrate the irony of people calling out Democrats for radicalism when the head of the Republican party is a radical.

You throw out some obscure, unknown (to me)  examples of Democratic radicalism, but I point out the fricken head of the Republican party is a radical - assuming you accept promoting violence is radical. 

That's irony.

Whether or not you personally are a Trump supporter makes no matter to my point.  But if you are concerned about extremism, then start with the head of the GOP.

4 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Wrong.  As you should know, it's my policy to respond to all direct questions.

Otherwise, what's the point?

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

homey, you didnt answer his question, but then again, you never do. and certainly had no intention to here today.

You acted as if you were actually going to engage and respond, and then like the homey we all know 24-7-365 you did not answer one question and then went to talking whataboutisms. Rinse & Repeat.

Stop lying about me David.  I respond to all direct questions.  Find one where I didn't.

And stop acting so butt hurt.  You bring it on yourself.

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

Actually my response was to illustrate the irony of people calling out Democrats for radicalism when the head of the Republican party is a radical.

You throw out some obscure, unknown (to me)  examples of Democratic radicalism, but I point out the fricken head of the Republican party is a radical - assuming you accept promoting violence is radical. 

That's irony.

Whether or not you personally are a Trump supporter makes no matter to my point.  But if you are concerned about extremism, then start with the head of the GOP.

When political bias allows you to look the other way, I'm not surprised the examples I provided are "obscure, unknown" to you. Thankfully they are becoming more well known to the public, and those of us not so clouded by ideology.

1 hour ago, johnnyAU said:

When political bias allows you to look the other way, I'm not surprised the examples I provided are "obscure, unknown" to you. Thankfully they are becoming more well known to the public, and those of us not so clouded by ideology.

Gimme break. :rolleyes: No one is going to know those stories unless they are looking for them.

Trump, on the other hand, cannot be ignored.

My point still stands: if advocating violence is the standard for radicalism, behold the POTUS.

https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/100000004269364/trump-and-violence.html

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

Wrong.  As you should know, it's my policy to respond to all direct questions.

Otherwise, what's the point?

You do realize that now you have lied 2X about the same post?

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

Stop lying about me David.  I respond to all direct questions.  Find one where I didn't.

And stop acting so butt hurt.  You bring it on yourself.

now you have lied 3x about the same post...homey, you are putting the evidence against you right here in black and white.

homey, you are so ridiculous. You asked for examples. He gave you a detailed answer. You just act like a petulant lil elementary school kid and react by saying "i dont like your answer."

NEWSFLASH: You are the partisan hack job i started this very thread about and you just popped your lil head in here and demonstrated for everyone why the thread was started in the first place.

THE POINT: Politically Mature Beings listen and engage with both sides of the debate.

WHAT HAPPENED? You came in here asked a question YOU never wanted answered. It got answered by a mature poster doing what mature intelligent people do, respond as Intelligent Beings. YOU, as is true to your nature and as the TRUE TOPIC of the whole thread did not engage with JohnnyAU, you acted like a petulant lil kid, waved your Magic Wand of Immaturity and simply declared his reply as unworthy of response.

The laugh is on you Sir. You have come into a thread complaining about how immature people act and gave a First Class Example of Acting Immature. 

Image result for played yourself meme

ADDENDUM: homey, you are so bad at this particular game. Want to know how bad?

You are arguing with JohhnyAU and myself and WE ARE ON YOUR TEAM!

Neither of us voted for, nor support, Trump in any way and yet you are having a temper tantrum in public because we just acted like mature people and have two-sided discourse on political topics. You are whining like 5 year old about me supposedly lying about you.  You demonstrably lie about me all the time.

EXAMPLE: You have called me a Trump supporter,  i do not care to waste the time to count the dozens of times. I am easily & demonstrably NOT A TRUMP supporter in anyway. Yet, you have stated that "DKW is a Trumpster" dozens of times on this forum. It is an abject lie, one that you repeat ad nauseum. Telling lies is what liars do.

You are so pitiful that you have descended into picking fights with people that are in fact ON YOUR OWN SIDE of the politics. We just dont KYA and believe exactly as you demand we do. We see two sides of the issues. We engage like civil, intelligent people.

Not homey...you are so immature you pick fights with people that are in reality ON YOUR OWN DAMN SIDE.

image.jpeg

5 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

and many many more times.

I cant count the times I have whipped out the old buzz light, sad strange lil man gif on you. Almost every time it was over you accusing me of being a Trump supporter..

Archived