GAME THREAD: Auburn vs Southern Miss

RunInRed

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AUgrad97 said:

Not sure how the lockeroom keeps our OL from blocking.  Always, easy to claim lockeroom issues when many times its simply players not doing their jobs. 

Coaches have to start doing their jobs first. Notice it is only the offense that is dysfunctional.

Just now, PowerOfDixieland said:

Image result for antifreeze

come on over dixie i got something that will make ya smile.......lol

13 minutes ago, corchjay said:

The OL hasn’t been good but they aren’t as atrocious as everyone is making it out to be.  Run blocking is poor on the interior but Stidham has not been in any more pressure in the pocket then any other normal QB in a game.  The passing game failures fall squarely on his shoulders

Even the commentary has pointed out, correctly, he doesn't step UP in the pocket....ever.  He always falls back.

I agree the OLine is weak in the run game but I also agree JS must own a lot of the passing game woes.

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Probably not, just based on what we've seen. KMart, Shivers and Asa will all get touches ahead of him.

I am just spit- balling now. We just need a spark

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

come on over dixie i got something that will make ya smile.......lol

I used to have a bong made out of a Scope bottle and a Dr. Grabo pipe...wasn't a hippie but I listened to a lot of Dead.   Much has changed since then including our run game.

Just now, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Asa has fumbling problems... and Gus is scared to risk it. Even against USM 

If a talented running back is not getting carries with no obvious reason, it is usually either due to fumbling problems or inability to pass block. 

47 minutes ago, Deutschetiger said:

This weather delay is yet another sign of the pussification of America.  The beta males and women are in full control.

Wow.  How clueless can you be?

delay a good time to come up with a new game plan. And chew some people out.

Auburn will either come out and take over the game or it will come down to having to get a first down to seal the win with a minute left.

Just now, PowerOfDixieland said:

I used to have a bong made out of a Scope bottle and a Dr. Grabo pipe...wasn't a hippie but I listened to a lot of Dead.   Much has changed since then including our run game.

i knew you carried cool points beside the obvious..........i can normally just tell.   lol  or act like it anyway   lol

2 minutes ago, mikeholiday said:

If a talented running back is not getting carries with no obvious reason, it is usually either due to fumbling problems or inability to pass block. 

Even when he’s in the game he’s not even getting carries. He’s getting swing passes like Barrett did. 

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Even the commentary has pointed out, correctly, he doesn't step UP in the pocket....ever.  He always falls back.

I agree the OLine is weak in the run game but I also agree JS must own a lot of the passing game woes.

Not to mention he is missing throws down the field even with a clean pocket. He needs to do more to help the oline. 

He is still the best option we have. Only option is to coach him up. 

I thought one of our better plays was when JS threw that TD pass. After a push by one of the S Miss D linemen, our O lineman was doing backward somersaults (for real) on the turf. He almost rolled into Stidham's legs but didn't, so I thought that was a good.

2 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

I thought one of our better plays was when JS threw that TD pass. After a push by one of the S Miss D linemen, our O lineman was doing backward somersaults on the turf. He almost rolled into Stidham's legs (for real) but didn't, so I thought that was a good play.

That IS bad when a good play is simply NOT hurting your own QB.  :drink9:

I know Gus and Chip are both frustrated I am just afraid they have let their frustrations leak out into the field and players. I just don’t want to see us shutdown like 2012. 

Archived