Tennessee kickoff time announced

GwillMac6

just ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I dont understand why people on twitter are complaining that we didnt get the 6 PM slot...this offense in a main event slot is damn near unwatchable and we're a top 10 squad while UT is atrocious. At least OM and Arky are both bad teams that play hard. FAR more likely to be interesting 

unless Auburn just completely poops the bed and they lose, what of note could be gained from this game....

15 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Last time Tennessee played @ AU, it was an 11am game and was the most boring game I've ever watched. This one may top 2008. 

Nope. CBS.

2009 was night, 2013 was morning.

On the bright side I will get home earlier than midnight for the first time this season.

44 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Nope. CBS.

You’re right. 2:30. How in the world did those two teams get that time slot? Must have been some brutal matchups that weekend. 

My sentiments on 2018 topping 2008 in boredom still hold. 

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I dont understand why people on twitter are complaining that we didnt get the 6 PM slot...this offense in a main event slot is damn near unwatchable and we're a top 10 squad

This is so sad, but true. Voters don't need to be watching us right now. Just glance to see the final score. 

1 hour ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Last time Tennessee played @ AU, it was an 11am game and was the most boring game I've ever watched. This one may top 2008. 

also 2008 feels like the same kind of season we are about to have. Good record through the first month or so and then the bottom falls out. Record is going now just like 2008 but we have played terrible on offense just like 2008. This season is giving me bad bad vibes. This game in 2008 brought the legendary QB matchup everyone is still talking about to this day of Jonathan Crompton vs Kodi Burns............. I was at this game and this is a very accurate description. Crowd was dead all game.

Did anyone watch recent UT games?   how could they get any kind of prime slot....and Florida and MSU was at least as dull as the AU game.....

As for the weekend of the 13th  based on current rankings,  Georgia vs LSU is the only decent matchup of the weekend...or one of the few that might actually draw a national audience.    

http://www.secsports.com/schedule/football/_/year/2018/type/2/week/7

You have to be a serious SEC fan to watch most of those games.....considering the number of under-performing teams involved. 

2 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

You’re right. 2:30. How in the world did those two teams get that time slot? Must have been some brutal matchups that weekend. 

Ok so just to be clear - the 2008 game was the last Auburn v. UT game played in JHS. Both 2009 and 2013 were played in Neyland - the 09 matchup was the return trip Auburn owed the Vols for the SEC East rotation back when they were still doing the home and home series - before expansion.

That 2008 game was horrid. It was actually Chris Todd vs. Crompton and we did all of our scoring early. Todd actually passed to Robert Dunn in the north endzone that game for the first TD - beautiful play and throw - right over good ole' Eric Berry. From there, the offense and his arm strength plummeted but we still held on to win. I think CBS had made the call on the game the week of the LSU game, back when we were still 3-0 and ranked like 8th in the country. It was weird. Very hot, very uncomfortable, bad offense, and Peyton Manning was on the sidelines for UT. Tony Franklin was in the booth for Auburn. I remember there was still this sense that we could recover and get better after that win. Then we lost to Vandy the next week - talk about another weird circumstances because Gameday was there for that one and Kenny Chesney (noted Vols fan) was the guest picker for Vandy.

Very worried that 2018 is moving in that direction. And hey guess what, it's the 10 year anniversary of 3-2! God help us.

7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I dont understand why people on twitter are complaining that we didnt get the 6 PM slot...this offense in a main event slot is damn near unwatchable and we're a top 10 squad while UT is atrocious. At least OM and Arky are both bad teams that play hard. FAR more likely to be interesting 

unless Auburn just completely poops the bed and they lose, what of note could be gained from this game....

You are seriously on your game of late...and so right about this heaping pile of a game. 

Absolutely nothing compelling and it may be the only game I'll make this year.  Shoot me now.

1 hour ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

You are seriously on your game of late...and so right about this heaping pile of a game. 

Absolutely nothing compelling and it may be the only game I'll make this year.  Shoot me now.

Im trying to sharpen the sword in such a manner that its a dose of reality but not too harsh. When there really isnt anybody giving you positive spiel, I have no reason to go overboard with it lol

I will say though, I originally thought it was in RT. Just knowing its at home at least gives you the capacity to have a close interesting game, while not outright expecting to lose

As I've said, 2008 was worse than 2012 for me in several ways. Mainly because with 2012 the problem was very simple and easy to identify, and the hiring of Gus at the end fo the year had me feeling optimistic. With 2008, it wasn't so clear, and like I've said, that was the most excited I've ever been coming into a season. And the hiring of CGC had probably everyone feeling embarrassed--it didn't help that I caught a really terrible stomach bug a couple weeks after that.

This year's LSU game paralleled the 2008 one in a lot of ways, aside from it not being a night game (who knows, maybe the crowd would've been more up for it). I will say, the lead-up to the 2008 game was hella fun between Gameday and ESPN blasting constant AC/DC--definitely one of the most exciting buildups to a game ever IMO (2013 IB is #1 in that regard, though). Still though, ugh, what an extremely painful season that was. Thanks to A96's Tubs farewell video, "All These Things I Have Done" sounds almost like a funeral song to me. Seriously.

(No I'm not saying a bad football season felt like losing a loved one, I'm just saying that it's a very somber tune to me for that very reason.)

On 10/1/2018 at 1:30 PM, Scotty2Hotty said:

i was at that game. we won, and walking out felt like a funeral.

Archived