Bo Jackson Commercial

WFE12

Bo needs to be in a Hollywood movie about a hall of fame football player who works to replace the HC of his alma mater  with a coach who is a proven winner. The current coach locks himself in the football complex and refuses to come out with his playbook unless he is allowed an additional season to try to make his playbook work after 6 seasons of mediocre results.

Bo and the AD manage to get the old coach to give up his playbook and forces him to use the playbook that Bo and some of the best offensive players have put together. The playbook works and the old coach is given another season. However, the old coach manages to sneak in a copy of of his old playbook, and the team has its final season of mediocrity under the old coach. The new proven coach comes aboard and has back to back 15-0 seasons with 2 NCs in a row.  

Awesome! Thanks for posting.

Wait till the toothless ones from West Vance take offense to this. Then it will be even more awesome!

6 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Correct me if I'may wrong but wasn'the Bo on the search committee which ended up bringing in Gus as head coach?

That search committee was just put in front to appease the fan base. JJ was always going to hire Gus.

11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

That search committee was just put in front to appease the fan base. JJ was always going to hire Gus.

i don't believe Bo would put his name on something like that if what you say is true, imo.

15 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

i don't believe Bo would put his name on something like that if what you say is true, imo.

Okay

True story.

Y'all might notice the little note below my screen name about Bo hitting our car with a home run...

I forget the year but Auburn was playing the mutts in Athens, just a 30 min ride from our house so my dad surprised me with Sat tickets.  Back then Ga's baseball stadium was a glorified pony-league field with the parking lot out in left.

Dad parked where he thought it would be too far for any HR's and we head in.  Bo hits a BOMB right to where we were parked and we joked "that probably hit the car".  The first cool thing was after the game getting to meet him personally as the players literally walked through the fans to get to the bus.  Super nice to us, it was a THRILL for me as you can imagine.

The second "cool" thing was the baseball sized dent in the hood of Dad's car.  He really did hit our car!  Just wish we could've found the ball....

Bo was a true freak of nature, don’t know of anyone who could rival him. Jim Thorpe maybe? But, he was a bit before my time!

16 hours ago, fasttimes said:

Do you honestly think that they put the task of hiring a football coach in the hands of a guy like Bo Jackson who has been out of the game for decades LOL?

That "search committee" was nothing more than a marketing gimmick.  Like paying a celebrity to "endorse" your product.

I generally just roll my eyes at the Heisman House commercials because they tend to just be dumb. This one of the rare ones I think is funny. Well done Nissan and Bo.

On 10/5/2018 at 2:09 PM, doc4aday said:

Bo needs to be in a Hollywood movie about a hall of fame football player who works to replace the HC of his alma mater  with a coach who is a proven winner. The current coach locks himself in the football complex and refuses to come out with his playbook unless he is allowed an additional season to try to make his playbook work after 6 seasons of mediocre results.

Bo and the AD manage to get the old coach to give up his playbook and forces him to use the playbook that Bo and some of the best offensive players have put together. The playbook works and the old coach is given another season. However, the old coach manages to sneak in a copy of of his old playbook, and the team has its final season of mediocrity under the old coach. The new proven coach comes aboard and has back to back 15-0 seasons with 2 NCs in a row.  

Took a lot of work to somehow bend this into a bash gus thread! Bravo!

Archived